• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Nov 19, 2013
2.9

1. Apr 11, 2015
    I am the fighter. I feel the blood of my foes all over my face. Oh wait...that's my knuckles hitting against the wall since the games controls are so stellar! 10/10.
  2. Sep 23, 2014
    The worst game out for the next-gen consoles. Don't spend your hard-earned money on this piece of **** Go buy some other game, possibly one that doesn't use kinect.
  3. Sep 16, 2014
    There are many negative reviews, but may be it is true if you expecting another street fighter. But this game is another level of fitness training. Much more engaging then XBox Fitness. For me it reads movements quite accurate, although not perfect. There is plenty of different movements available, but lack of special possibilities of fighters. So I like this game, but for me it isThere are many negative reviews, but may be it is true if you expecting another street fighter. But this game is another level of fitness training. Much more engaging then XBox Fitness. For me it reads movements quite accurate, although not perfect. There is plenty of different movements available, but lack of special possibilities of fighters. So I like this game, but for me it is fitness not the gaming. Expand
  4. Jun 27, 2014
    This game really is not as bad as everyone says it is its not amazing but i do find it enjoyable and fun will be used for a bit of fun with friends overall its not that bad.
  5. May 19, 2014
    A lot of people are saying the kinect isn't responsive whatsoever. That is half true. I can get the punches to work just fine. I'd say 75% of the time I can get the kicks to work. I can't get the counters to work when I want them. And OH MY GOD, I can never EVER get the continue button to work. When you progress through Arcade, I can never figure out what it wants me to do to click theA lot of people are saying the kinect isn't responsive whatsoever. That is half true. I can get the punches to work just fine. I'd say 75% of the time I can get the kicks to work. I can't get the counters to work when I want them. And OH MY GOD, I can never EVER get the continue button to work. When you progress through Arcade, I can never figure out what it wants me to do to click the continue button. Throughout the rest of the game, you have to punch what you want. But for the continue button, I have no clue. I've tried everything, and it eventually works after a good 30 seconds and waving my arms around and punching everything. And there's no voice control to continue, yes I tried that.

My problems are more within the gameplay. It's so simplistic that it makes it boring after a while. It's fun at first, but after 5 fights, you see the repetitive nature of this game. Punching is essentially useless when you get into later fights because the computer will always auto counter you. Kicking would be useful if you could use it in a combo, but I can never get two kicks in a row. Basically, the best way to win these fights is to power up each and every time and use your special moves. So, what you will be doing 85% of the fight is powering up in one single stance. Only drawback is when you are powering up is the enemy has free shots at you. The way to fix this is to step back so he can't touch you, except with this powerups. So, that kinda makes it a game breaker. Just continue to power up, and continuely keep attacking with those. If you know how to do slams correctly, you can knock your opponent out the ring within the first 20-30 seconds of the fight, making another game breaker.

I haven't encountered any glitches. They were probably fixed with the patches. But I wouldn't really recommend buying this game. It may be fun with a friend for an hour, so that deserves a one-day rental at most. It's not worst game of the year.
  6. May 1, 2014
    This game, is just stupid.
    It's Buggy.
    The fighters, never do anything you want them to do.

This has to be the worst Kinect game I've played, don't waste your hard earn money on this crappy game.
  7. Apr 4, 2014
    I think this game is an ok game but it does have some bad points but I liked it. It might not be the best game of the year but it might not be the worst game of the year but I did have some problems with it but I thought the game was ok and alright with some bad points.
  8. Mar 21, 2014
    This game does not work! it glitches, and suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuukkkkks!

Stay away from it. This game will make you dumber for playing it.

shame on you!
  9. Mar 16, 2014
    The gameplay, the game had to look very interesting, even tempting, but for it to come out boring repetitive, which vryatli who will want to buy. But I don't think the game deserves so little estimation, the more I'm a fan of Ubisoft.
  10. Mar 14, 2014
    This game represents the level of exclusives of Xbox One, and that he who bought the new Microsoft console can wait: a bad game at all, made by lazy and mercenarys developers, with a price of a AAA game.
  11. Mar 11, 2014
    Actually this game is ok and fun. I know it isn't the game of the year but I guess the purpose of this game is to play it with friends, sweat a little and having fun.
  12. Jan 18, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I **** hate this game, the controls are unresponsive, the Kinect barely **** works, there is tons of awful glitches, did I mention the controls are **** unresponsive, this is one of the worst games ever. Expand
  13. Dec 21, 2013
    This is a terrible Kinect game, and only further proof on how incompetent the device really is. Horribly story, lame voice acting, and your movements are almost never registered. Most of the time, you won't even be moving and your character will attack anyway. Do not give these people any money; they didn't work for it at all.
  14. Dec 19, 2013
    THIS..... is an INSULT to ALLLLLLLLLLLLL fighting games ever made! So Killer Instinct on Xbox One, eventhough you are a HUGE cash grab, lacking content and not even finished until the end of 2014, I am going to cut you a break. The camera is stiff, the controls are HORRIBLE, the graphics are decent, the Kinect controls are inefficient and the story isTHIS..... is an INSULT to ALLLLLLLLLLLLL fighting games ever made! So Killer Instinct on Xbox One, eventhough you are a HUGE cash grab, lacking content and not even finished until the end of 2014, I am going to cut you a break. The camera is stiff, the controls are HORRIBLE, the graphics are decent, the Kinect controls are inefficient and the story is BOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!! I was watching some gameplay videos of this game and OMG.... I was so bored and frustrated at the same time! #$%^ THIS GAME!!!!! Burn all copies of this game!!! This game should have NEVER been created and Ubisoft, I know that you all did not want to make a Kinect fighting game but Microsoft paid you already and you did it to pay the bills! I get it. THIS GAME SUCKS!!!!!! And again.... $%^& THIS GAME!!!! Expand
  15. Dec 17, 2013
    This is literally a waste of money. Do something useful with that cash instead.

The kinect controls barely work correctly making it an unplayable mess. Its a disgrace to gaming.
  16. Dec 6, 2013
    Why is the kinect having so many issues with games? The worst part about it is we as consumers keep forgiving Microsoft for this garbage. This game is the last straw! I was hoping that the XBOX kinect 2.0 would actually work. I know its their first game, but they should have at least find the problems from the original kinect and make an attempt to fix them. The only thing that works inWhy is the kinect having so many issues with games? The worst part about it is we as consumers keep forgiving Microsoft for this garbage. This game is the last straw! I was hoping that the XBOX kinect 2.0 would actually work. I know its their first game, but they should have at least find the problems from the original kinect and make an attempt to fix them. The only thing that works in this game is punching. yay... Stupid story, combos don't even work half the time, and the menu navigation is even worse then sonic free riders from 2011. I'm done with kinetc games from now on and hope you are too. Collapse
  17. Nov 28, 2013
    Fighting games and motion controls. Two things that will NEVER work. Those who think the two are made for each other clearly don't have any understanding of the complexities of a true fighting game.
  18. Nov 25, 2013
    So here's the deal. This is not a 10/10 game. It's not a 0/10 game either. If you're looking for a good game to play around with and have some fun with your friends, it's not a bad choice. Don't expect a 1:1 fighting ratio in terms of your movements. It won't pick up every punch and every dip, but you can have some fun and get a moderate workout from it. It's not terrible either. TheSo here's the deal. This is not a 10/10 game. It's not a 0/10 game either. If you're looking for a good game to play around with and have some fun with your friends, it's not a bad choice. Don't expect a 1:1 fighting ratio in terms of your movements. It won't pick up every punch and every dip, but you can have some fun and get a moderate workout from it. It's not terrible either. The Kinect tracks pretty well for me. It's a lot like the Xbox Fitness in that regard. If you're looking for Street Fighter level depth and quality, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. Don't play this for the story, play it for the novelty and the fun of watching your movements reflect in some badass combos. I'd wait, however ,for a price decrease.

I found it to be fun for what it was. Something I can play with friends and shadowbox like an idiot on a Saturday night.
  19. Nov 22, 2013
    Don't trust any of these reviews given this terrible game a 10/10. Nice try Ubisoft. This is the worst game ever on kinect and the worst xbox one launch title.
  20. Dec 6, 2013

Boring when it works, frustrating when it doesn't, Fighter Within is one of the worst games you could ever have the displeasure of playing. [Issue#107, p.]
  2. Jan 28, 2014
    Fighter Within on the Xbox 360 would be a disaster reduced to a footnote, ignored and left to wither. As a launch title for the new generation it’s worse: a parasite, feeding off the goodwill and desperation of early-adopters. Avoid, avoid, avoid.
  3. Jan 23, 2014
    Fighter Within nearly manages to unravel all its hard work with a few misplaced punches to the groin. [Issue#143, p.108]