5.9

1. Dec 31, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ok so I was pretty upset when I figured out that I had to get a new Madden for the XBOX1 but if you get this you will not be disappointed. Pros. 1.Realistic ness is out standing. 2. Offense is no more so over powerd. 3. Defense and Offense don't over power each other. 4.Quick release.
    Cons. 1.To many fumbles. 2.well actually that is the only con so overall a very good game I recommend you get it.
  2. Nov 23, 2013
    Madden NFL 25 on Xbox One is an excellent start to this generation of football games. The graphics, presentation, and gameplay are all noticeably improved and the package is undeniably a step-up from current generation (X360, PS3) football.

Madden 25 on X360 and PS3 plays a pretty good (but not perfect) game of football. Madden 25 on X1 simply improves on the current-gen game in all
    aspects, which I'll quickly list here:

-Graphics. Madden on Xbox One is a gorgeous game. If you've been following the pre-release hype, you've probably heard (and maybe laughed) about EA mentioning the "blades of grass," but damn it if the grass isn't beautiful in this game, especially around center field logos. Realistic lighting, higher resolution players, coaches, equipment, and gorgeous stadiums highlight a really fantastic looking game. You definitely have to play it on a big 1080p TV to appreciate how good the game looks, since the ESPN MNF clips certainly didn't do Madden next-gen any visual justice.

-Gameplay. The big innovations here are "war in the trenches," "contextual awareness," and other miscellaneous improvements, most notably side line catches, which it seems like EA finally got right. War in the Trenches is a fantastic upgrade that people have been asking for for years and EA has done an excellent job with this feature, as the first time you see a DE bust straight through a double team is a sight to behold. Contextual Awareness is also a great feature, as it helps your RB's not run straight into their linemen and WR's and DB's make smarter plays on balls in the air. It doesn't always work, and there's some debate about how much user control should be taken away for the sake of "realism," (running, for example, is much harder on next-gen than current-gen, although this is undeniably a good thing) but I'm really digging the way next-gen Madden plays. Dropped the game speed to slow and been having a blast for two straight days.

-Presentation. There are a lot of cool new camera angles, the commentary is *slightly* better, highlights are back on Xbox One, and the crowd looks great. There are some issues here, however, as the commentary is still often inaccurate, which shatters immersion, and the Living Worlds feature hasn't lived up to the hype. I feel like the lack of women in the stadium (you get 40-60,000 men and men only) might be a bug because it seems like such a bizarre oversight. The sidelines are much improved, but still lacking, and I'd like the crowd--whether all men, all women, or both--to be more invested in the game, as it seems like their heads do not track the action and their reactions to big plays are often delayed or non-existent. Although the "Living Worlds" feature is underwhelming, the rest of the game still warrants a 9/10 in my book.

Overall, this is a great looking, great playing game of football, and I haven't even begun to fool with sliders, dive into a Connected Franchise, or even figure out Coach Glass, which is Madden's unique and dynamic companion app for tablet devices using Xbox SmartGlass. There's a lot to play and do here in Madden 25 on Xbox One, which is remarkable when you think about what a stripped down, empty game Madden 06 was, which was the first Madden game on Xbox 360 and PS3. The potential for this generation is limitless at this point, and if you love football or are just looking to get the most out of your new Xbox One, then you'd be silly to pass on Madden this year.
  3. Dec 5, 2013
    Perhaps no sports game is more criticized by gamers year to year like the Madden franchise. Hell, I'm one of it's biggest critics. As a 2K fan, at times it's been hard to swallow what EA feeds us, and the expectations always exceed what we get. Still, I waited for the next gen version of this year's game with much apprehension, but also much excitement. Thankfully, EA Sports has delivered on the best Madden yet, even though there is still some improvement needed.
    GRAPHICS (8): Graphics in Madden 25 are definitely improved, in some areas more than others. The stadiums are incredible, with every detail in tact. The field itself looks great, and yes, you can actually see the individual blades of grass and it's awesome. The player models are near perfect replicas of their real life inspirations. However, most player's faces are nowhere near authentic, and coaches are hit and miss. Some look just like the real thing, some still look like an alien. Also, the referees don't look great, either. But the fans in the stands do look great, so that's also an advancement. Overall, a step up but still not consistently good enough to be called great.
    PRESENTATION (8): Again, presentation is a mixed bag. The menus look amazing, the intro package for all 32 teams is really awesome, and there are a lot of nice touches that make you feel like it's real NFL football. Still, some things need improvement. The commentary, while still good, still has a ways to go. While the call of the game is good, there are almost no references to your past games or where you stand in the playoff race. That's inexcusable for a next gen game. Presentation has come a long way in Madden, but there is still work to be done.
    GAMEPLAY: This is where Madden 25 really shines. Animations look great, the running games feels more real, the defenses are smart, making Madden 25 the most difficult Madden ever, and your quarterback can complete every pass there is. No broken patterns, no money plays, nothing is given to you. There are way too many interceptions, but I'm to the point where I'm OK with that because it punishes you for poor decisions, making the game that much tougher. The alternative is a game that is too easy and never challenges you. Overall, I feel like this is the most polished Madden ever.
    CONTROL (10): Controls are excellent in Madden 25. The running game especially feels good. Passing also feels authentic, and rushing the passer seems to be more effective than in recent years.
    FUN: Football games are always fun, and Madden 25 is no exception. In my time with the game, I have won plenty and I have lost plenty, and the game continues to challenge me to get better. And that's a lot of fun.
    FINAL SCORE (9): Madden football has come a long way. At times, the series has stunk. But I feel like EA has made great strides in the series and we are finally starting to get the football simulation we always dreamed of. There is still a lot of work to be done, especially in presentation, but Madden on Xbox One is a beautiful game with a lot of potential to deliver the ultimate football video game in the near future.
  4. Dec 26, 2013
    Most people will say the running game on 360 is more fun. After having now spent equal time on both versions, I'd say it's a tie. Xbox One has better player animations on scoring plays and TD dances. It also requires that you learn the Precision moves whereas 360 running was a very simply and effective one-cut running mechanic. The crowd is more animated in Xbox One and the stadium graphics are better, but I do miss the overhead blimp camera shots that opened every 360 match-up. All in all, the games are equally good. Although I hoped the Xbox One were better, it's still a satisfying game especially for a $10 upgrade. Get the sliders and roster updates. There's a cool roster called WikiLegends that has nearly a hundred mostly accurate historical players. Makes it worth using every team in the game since they're nearly all teams are within 5 in overall point rating from one another. Expand
  5. Nov 24, 2013
    I played a decent amount of Madden 25 on Xbox 360 and enjoyed the overall experience. Madden 25 on Xbox One is a great start on next-gen consoles and is an improvement on the 360 version.

The line play is the biggest difference in my opinion. Running through holes created by your offensive lineman is an enjoyable experience as you can see them actually work hard. Previously,
    offensive/defensive lineman lacked tenacity and technique. Go into the instant replay mode on next-gen Madden and just watch the interaction...it is the real deal.

I still feel interceptions need to happen more often. There are way too many dropped interceptions by the secondary in the game. However, I have not messed around with the sliders to tweak that part of the gameplay.

Another great addition is seamless online play. I think this might have to do with a combination of better servers and 60 FPS. I have already played 10+ online games without any lag. I didn't have too many issues with the 360 version. However, there was always slight lag that would make it very difficult to kick full strength or make a tackle in the open field. This is now fixed and creates a great experience online.

I purchased Madden 06 on Xbox 360 eight years ago and it was a disaster. I am really excited to see where this series goes because it is off to such a great start.
  6. Nov 25, 2013
    All I can say is this game is what I have been looking for. the blocking is where it should be in most cases and the running game is tough. But its challenging not as in years past. Graphics are awesome but cut scene could be toned down. other than that. Game is sick
  7. Mar 29, 2014
    It's a decent entry into the franchise it still plays well and the A.I is improved with some new things going on. Some graphic improvement, but no too much, the crowd still looks silly. Hopefully going forward with the new consoles there will be more improvement.
  8. Dec 20, 2013
    Overall it's a tight game with slightly upgraded visuals and the depth of online/offline modes you expect from a Madden game. Don't go into this thinking the graphics are going to blow you away, once games like this are solely developed for the next-gen systems that is when the visuals will begin to become impressive.
  9. Feb 25, 2014
    This has been the lowest score i have ever given to a madden game before and i hate to do it. But EA Sports Tiburon really did not give me a choice in the matter. Madden NFL 13 was so absolutely amazing to me because of all the work that they did and the changes they made. I loved 13 and played the crap out of it. However madden 25 or 14 i hate how they did that btw its basically just a rehash of last year with improved animations and a new game mode and I'm sorry but i feel like the animations could have just been a patch they weren't enough for me to be happy with my $60 dollar purchase. Also i own Madden NFL 14 for both my 360 and my one and to be honest the graphics don't look that much better at all and just upset tremendously by it. EA was so focused about making it ready for the next generation that they did a piss poor job improving last years game! and in my opinion it was a waste of an effort because i didn't see anything even redeeming in the graphics. Madden NFL 14 would be the worst sports game on the next generation if it wasn't for the fact the NBA Live 14 had to be such an embarrassment . Next year will be my 1 decade of buying madden consecutively and i am really hoping that they do something big for it because this year wasn't! Expand
  10. Nov 24, 2013
    This years version is simply one of the best since invention of the hit stick. Fluid animations
    They finally took the akward butt fumble like tackles out replaced with realistic tackling to ensure you don't see the same play twice in a row. Could see people not wanting to drop 60bucks on a next gen sports title
    I'd say stick with your madden 25 on the 360/ps3 unless you got a 10$ copy
    waiting at gamestop. Most gamestops had promotions like this to ensure next gen sales. Unless you got that waiting. and you have madden already. WAIT FOR PRICE DROP!! WILL BE AROUND 35-40$ AFTER XMAS

be sure to checkout my reivews and videos on youtube. search beau the xbox pro
  11. Jan 27, 2014
    I have a problem with Madden 25 !! In season mode you can't play defense!! I hate that you should able to play whole game!! I give the game a 7 of 10
  12. Nov 22, 2013
    Very dissapointed. If you own this for current-gen, it is not worth getting for next-gen. It is pretty much the same exact game with slightly better graphics. Nothing special.
  13. Dec 24, 2013
    Not much of an improvement from the xbox 360 to the xbox one. Just like the ps2 version of 2006 to the ps3/xbox 360 there wasn't much of an upgrade to the game.
  14. Jan 25, 2014
    This is the same game i played on Xbox 360, but with better graphic. If you already bought it for last gen then your not missing much by skipping this game.
  15. Jan 26, 2014
    Madden 25... Oh my god what a disappointment Madden 25 is. Madden 25 promised us great control, great mechanics, and overall just a great game. However, none of that was given. The control is unresponsive. I press B, nothing happens! And in the end, I get sacked. When when I try to move forward, It takes so long! I stand still and when I want to move, nothing. it is just hard to control itself as well. It feels like I am trying to control a retarded imp on ice! The mechanics suck. It is SO hard to throw and get a completion because the QB is inaccurate. And if that doesn't make it worse, the AI sucks. I throw the ball to the receiver, and he doesn't even try to catch it. He just moves forward! And overall, the game is not even good. 2013 was not EA's year at all! I really hope to see the best of EA this year. And I hope Madden 15 is at least good. Expand
  16. Feb 2, 2014
    Presentation is much improved, but gameplay mechanics are awful. Take a team with a tank for a running back and watch him get plastered back on his butt by any defense guy who sticks his arm out. The physics fool you sometimes into thinking its good but then you try to run the ball and get blown backwards nearly everytime you touch another player. Even when your running back is charging ahead and the defense guy is being blocked, he will shove your running back, backwards onto the ground as if he's Hercules. You want to take the Seahawks and play Russel Wilson in a roll out play and gun it downfield on the run? Good luck. He only throws it 5 yards into the dirt while rolling out. Which, we all know, is not what he does in real life. The animation is jerky. The graphics are same as Madden 11. No more "User Tackles" or "User Picks" like in Madden/NCAA 2008/2010. The auto select play calls never work. Defense backs will often been seen standing still while opponents run past them as if they don't adapt to the offense. You call a Cover 2 Buc and your corner backs blitz a zone. They stand there looking stupid while the receiver runs right past them....The online league is great, but if you want to play your team the way they should play, pounding the ball, run and shoot, rolling out, etc. forget it. Expand
  17. Feb 27, 2014
    If you have always loved franchise mode you will hate this game, they have taken away alot of freedom that we used to have, gameplay is alright, theres a couples pros to that. Graphics are not very good they do not blow you away at all.
  18. Jan 13, 2014
    This game is a joke. We were led to expect so much from this game being that it was a launch title for the new Xbox one. I expected things to look ralistic, but in reality it looks no better than the last madden game on the 360. The graphics are terrible, none of the players look real, the animations haven't changed and they don't even happen smootly. I would even go as far to say that this game feels alot like the 2005 version. I love football but I'd rather watch it on my HD tv instead of playing this garbage. The only reason these games are mde is fr some easy cash. I'm getting sick and tired of EA popping out these games every year. I went over to my friends house to try this game out on hs xbox one. It's the only game he has for the console. because of that he never uses his exbox one. Get the picture? The game sucks. I know the fans of thrfranchise are going to down vote this review but looking at it from realistic pesective, this game and it's developers don't deserve the yearly hype. Expand
  19. Mar 5, 2014
    The game is good but the ea server freaking suck every time I'm in a game on solo challenges it get to the 4th quarter and says I lost connection to ea servers and it does it to me every time I wish they will fix that
  20. Feb 1, 2014
    This is the worst game ever!!!! Whenever you play a game, it is already predicted and is very glitchy even with a new Xbox One. When you make a deep pass, it never gets caught LITERALLY! They only let you win the game if you use super packs, and super packs are $25 each!!!!

1. Jan 26, 2014
    Graphically not as impressive as we would have liked and really not all that different from what we’ve played before. Still solid, but uninspiring.
  2. Jan 20, 2014
    Madden NFL's debut on the new consoles brings lots of social features and new details which are not always so significant, though. In particular, the visuals don't seem to take full advantage of Xbox One and PS4 hardware. An incomplete pass into “next gen”, for now.
  3. Dec 23, 2013
    Madden NFL 25 is the best Madden to date but is not a great leap forward for the EA Sports' brand. Game modes are the same played since last summer and the gameplay feels different but only for the hardcore gamer.