8.0

1. ewm
    Nov 12, 2015
    This game just amazing which really feel the spirit of adventure due to the new gameplay that has changed because of the change of location-of footprints in the snow, you can calculate the enemy, you can now climb trees.Script though Prattchet wrote , but it became better and get rid of unnecessary drama.The beauty of landscapes as well as graphics in Lara is simply amazing, no wonderThis game just amazing which really feel the spirit of adventure due to the new gameplay that has changed because of the change of location-of footprints in the snow, you can calculate the enemy, you can now climb trees.Script though Prattchet wrote , but it became better and get rid of unnecessary drama.The beauty of landscapes as well as graphics in Lara is simply amazing, no wonder locations worked on the design of one of the leading artists of The Last of Us.When it comes to fighting, it turns out that many of the shooting, in fact, the same puzzle.In stealth Rise of the Tomb Raider allows you to experiment. You can climb higher and remove the arrows or the time to deal with rivals one by one, but much more interesting to improvise.You can add to this that the ending of the game, and delicious and lots of variety on the number of puzzles that Drake would be envious and we get the best Lara since the first part. Expand
  2. Nov 11, 2015
    This is without a doubt my game of the year. Amazing visual presentation with seamless transitions from game play to cut scenes and vise versa. Graphics, Sound, and control are better than the previous Tomb Raider game. A must own game which was surprisingly better than Fallout 4 in my humble opinion.
  3. Nov 10, 2015
    Wow... I'm a huge fan of The last game and i was só surprised that this one is só much better! The tomba are an absolut joy to explore and The facial expressions are flawless! 5 awesome hours so far and def a contender for game of The year (it will be hard to beat The witcher 3 tough).
  4. Nov 10, 2015
    It turns out I like this game more than fallout 4 which I never would of thought would happen. One of the best looking games I have seen on console to date. Gameplay is a lot of fun and the action in this game is super intense. I find myself wanting to go back to play more very easily, so its clearly very addictive too. I will no doubt 100% this game by the time I'm finished with it.It turns out I like this game more than fallout 4 which I never would of thought would happen. One of the best looking games I have seen on console to date. Gameplay is a lot of fun and the action in this game is super intense. I find myself wanting to go back to play more very easily, so its clearly very addictive too. I will no doubt 100% this game by the time I'm finished with it. Rise of the Tomb Raider is a game of the year contender and a must buy. Expand
  5. Nov 11, 2015
    I've completed a plethora of games in 2015. 2015 was the year of gaming in a lot of ways. Movies and comics definitely couldn't touch games this year. Music came close but it still couldn't dethrone the pop culture master of the year. So far my contenders for GOTY are Ori and the Blind Forest, Phantom Pain, Arkham Knight, and Rise of the Tomb Raider. That being said, I'm really leaningI've completed a plethora of games in 2015. 2015 was the year of gaming in a lot of ways. Movies and comics definitely couldn't touch games this year. Music came close but it still couldn't dethrone the pop culture master of the year. So far my contenders for GOTY are Ori and the Blind Forest, Phantom Pain, Arkham Knight, and Rise of the Tomb Raider. That being said, I'm really leaning toward Rise in the 11th hour. Releasing at the end of the year didn't hurt it's case but that's barely a factor. Rise of the Tomb Raider is the Skyfall of TR games. It ties everything together and ramps up the quality nob to a ten. I'm not gonna fully make my decision until I finish Rodea the Sky Soldier, Fatal Frame 5, and Fallout 4, but it's gonna be tough to top this game. It's just breathtaking in every aspect of gaming. And even though this doesn't effect my decision I must point out that these are the best graphics on the market today. Expand
  6. Nov 10, 2015
    Rise of the Tomb Raider is a really good sequel to the Tomb Raider 2013 and can become one of the best reasons to buy an Xbox ONE.
    Tomb Raider 2013 was a really good game with really good graphics and gameplay which in my opinion had a slightly weak ending.
    But this one not also has a better ending than the last one but also has better and smoother gameplay and defiantly better graphics too.
    The crafting and upgrading system is really good too but the main positive thing about this one is strong characterizing and the high potential of the story.
    But the Rise of the Tomb Raider lacks weapon and equipment variability and it somehow looks too much like the last one.
    But overall this game can make you enjoy for more than 20 hours with its awesome open environments and get to know Lara Croft even more!
  7. Nov 11, 2015
    Not many people know how amazing this game is because not many people have played it. Blame that on the stupid marketing decisions to make this game a timed-exclusive on the Xbox and release it on the same day as the highly anticipated Fallout 4. Nevertheless, this is a amazing game filled with an intriguing story, fun gameplay, neat new mechanics, gorgeous graphics, great characters andNot many people know how amazing this game is because not many people have played it. Blame that on the stupid marketing decisions to make this game a timed-exclusive on the Xbox and release it on the same day as the highly anticipated Fallout 4. Nevertheless, this is a amazing game filled with an intriguing story, fun gameplay, neat new mechanics, gorgeous graphics, great characters and riveting set pieces. Any Tomb Raider fan or casual gamer should consider picking this one up, despite how far it diverges from its original source material! Expand
  8. Nov 10, 2015
    it is the best adventure game ever . There's no doubt about it. You never know how amazing it is. I can say that all of elements that pointed out are improved.
  9. Nov 10, 2015
    I love the way someone on here gives it a 1 and then states they were as 'bored to death' playing this one as they were playing the first one. If they were 'bored to death' playing the first one why even play / buy this one - what did they expect??

Great game and improved in every way over the last one. If you enjoyed the last one you will love this one. Graphics and gameplay are fantastic.
  10. Nov 10, 2015
    In a nutshell, Rise of the Tomb Raider is the The Xbox One's Uncharted 2
    Doesn't have a kick-ass train sequence though,definitely knocking a point off for that
  11. Nov 10, 2015
    Great graphics and gameplay, loved the story can't wait for everyone to play this game. Got the game before release so happy to get and review, just wish it came out in all console
  12. Nov 10, 2015
    Easily the best looking game I've ever played on a console. It kinda stinks that ps4 owners don't get to play it for a year because it really is an amazing game. Its deep and engaging. A very welcome improvement on the series. Best tomb raider to date. Maybe one of the best games to date.
  13. Nov 10, 2015
    If the Frame Rate was 60 then it deserve the 10 ,but it having dome frame rate issues .
    world environment , game play ,even music is stunning ,love it so much
  14. Nov 10, 2015
    This game is really fun. I would recommend this over fallout 4.Graphics are an improvement but not my much. Where this game excels at is the gameplay. It moves along at a good pace and the story is engaging.
  15. Nov 10, 2015
    Simply, it's an amazing game. You will love it, and enjoy much than you think. Love it much more than other part of Tomb Raider. It will take too much time from me to know everything in the game. Can't wait to back, and continue the playing.
  16. Nov 10, 2015
    Rise of the Tomb Raider has exceeded every expectation that I had for it. Not only does it surpass the 2013 Tomb Raider release, it tops Lara's adventures before that by combining the best of the old and the best of the new to create one of the most gripping, emotional, and tightly paced Tomb Raider games ever. There's more to see, more to do, and more to enjoy in Rise of the Tomb RaiderRise of the Tomb Raider has exceeded every expectation that I had for it. Not only does it surpass the 2013 Tomb Raider release, it tops Lara's adventures before that by combining the best of the old and the best of the new to create one of the most gripping, emotional, and tightly paced Tomb Raider games ever. There's more to see, more to do, and more to enjoy in Rise of the Tomb Raider compared to its prior release, but despite it being paced perfectly, there's a lot of exploration to be had. I've played all of the big games of 2015 and this one may just be the very best. Expand
  17. Nov 10, 2015
  18. Nov 10, 2015
  19. Jan 5, 2016
    Let's just get to the point before I pick it apart. If you liked the first one, you will love this one. The first hour of the game is like a Michael Bay movie. It sets a tone that I liked, but eventually evolves into what you expect. If you like Assassin's Creed, Uncharted or the first game, you will be satisfied. The graphics are amazing. The control is more polished than the firstLet's just get to the point before I pick it apart. If you liked the first one, you will love this one. The first hour of the game is like a Michael Bay movie. It sets a tone that I liked, but eventually evolves into what you expect. If you like Assassin's Creed, Uncharted or the first game, you will be satisfied. The graphics are amazing. The control is more polished than the first game, but still a little loose. The Tombs are 200% better than the first game. You actually have to think a little more to find the final solution. The game play eventually evolves into an Uncharted feel. There are some good plot twists during the game that may or may not surprise you. Ultimately, the game comes off as a 2.0 version of the first game, but if you immerse yourself into all the Tombs, you'll find an extra layer of game play and some really good puzzles. Expand
  20. Feb 21, 2016
    This game was excellent, I loved the first one and think that this one improves on every single aspect, I'm dying to play the DLC Tomb Raider vs Baba Yaga, but haven't had the chance. 10/10
  21. Jan 7, 2016
    Rise of the Tomb Raider is a game I did not expect to like as much as I did. Everything about it just seemed to work. I never wanted to stop playing, as it was so much fun. I stayed until at least 1:30 AM for multiple nights because I was so hooked on this game. This game is an amazing game that no gamer should miss.
  22. Feb 23, 2016
    Square-Enix has a unique style when creating incredibly well-designed worlds. The new and enhanced exploration of Rise of the Tomb Raider gives a fresh and amazing take to the series, and while it is more direct in its conception, it doesn’t lose an ounce of depth. Rise of the Tomb Raider is an extremely engaging adventure, with excellent combat, innovative climbing, and fascinatingSquare-Enix has a unique style when creating incredibly well-designed worlds. The new and enhanced exploration of Rise of the Tomb Raider gives a fresh and amazing take to the series, and while it is more direct in its conception, it doesn’t lose an ounce of depth. Rise of the Tomb Raider is an extremely engaging adventure, with excellent combat, innovative climbing, and fascinating exploration. I want to keep playing, I want to discover all of its secrets, I want to fight every enemy, plunder every crypt, hunt, and explore as many challenge tombs as possible. To put it plainly, I want to bleed the game dry, and there's a lot to bleed. So far I've put over 40 hours into Rise of the Tomb Raider, and there's still a little more to do. Expand
  23. Jan 4, 2016
    Simply put, this was my favorite game this year. Wonderful Gameplay, Outstanding Graphics!!! A must buy for any one wanting to embark on an adventure!!!
  24. Jan 18, 2016
    Um dos melhores jogos que já joguei! Desde que comprei meu Xbox One em dezembro passado junto com este game não paro de jogá-lo. É uma experiência diferente e melhor que Uncharted sem dúvidas!
  25. Jan 20, 2016
    fantastic game the atmosphere the tombs exploration combats story the best game i've played this year so far it brings back the feeling of the old tomb raiders
  26. Apr 14, 2016
    If you enjoyed the 2013 game, you will surely enjoy this. The story is a clasic tomb raider story,maintaining the same combat system as the previous game.But the best part about this game is the atmosphere.I often stopped to admire the quality of the snow and ice.I saw comments about people selling their xbox cause the game was bad, lol if this is bad what about other games ?
  27. May 11, 2016
    Yep solid good alround game for me, still feel it's a total copy of uncharted lol but who cares right, it's a good game in it own right, the one thing I don't like is weapon upgrade system, it just feels a bit silly to be, I would prefer if it wasn't there to be honest, but that just my opinion
  28. Sep 23, 2016
    This sequel to the 2013 gritty reboot is a rare case of bigger AND better. Like “Uncharted 2: Among Thieves”, it’s an improvement over its predecessor in not only story and character, but in action as well.  And just like in “Thieves”, it’s a visual feast mainly set in a snowy landscape. In “Rise”, Lady Croft is no longer green, but a few steps closer to being the strong iconic characterThis sequel to the 2013 gritty reboot is a rare case of bigger AND better. Like “Uncharted 2: Among Thieves”, it’s an improvement over its predecessor in not only story and character, but in action as well.  And just like in “Thieves”, it’s a visual feast mainly set in a snowy landscape. In “Rise”, Lady Croft is no longer green, but a few steps closer to being the strong iconic character we’ve all come to know. This time, she is on the search for a mythic Holy Grail-type object hidden somewhere in the wilderness of Mongolia. Unfortunately for her, it's also being simultaneously sought out by an evil paramilitary organization that descend from an ancient order of knights. The whole thing recalls “Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade”, but that’s okay because Lara has always been a female Indy.

The gameplay is a refinement of the formula established in the first game and there’s just more of everything this time out. There are more tombs and caverns to explore, more puzzles to solve, more firearms to equip and more upgrades to use. Additionally, developer Crystal Dynamics has made this TR even more cinematic with huge, dazzling action sequences reminiscent of those featured in "Uncharted 2". Beyond the excellent 20 hour campaign is "Expeditions", an arcade-style spin on each level that players can modify to be more  difficult or easier with RPG-like cards. The cards can be purchased with real money or with earned in-game currency. You can also tackle user-created Expeditions and /or create your own which you can share with others online. However, unlike the first game, there are no multiplayer modes included.

As I stated before, the game is graphically gorgeous. There is very little screen tear and framerate issues are virtually non-existent. In the audio side, the musical score, voice acting and sound effects are all top notch. The overall presentation is nothing short of amazing. In the end, “Rise of the Tomb Raider” turned out to be one of the best action games of 2015. If you were a fan of the ‘M’ rated reboot, then you’ll be a fan of this more explosive follow-up. I’d rank it with a 9 out of 10
  29. Nov 17, 2015
    There was one major complaint regarding 2013 Tomb Raider, the lack of tombs to raid. Some would also say the game had a lot of cover shooting segments and it needed more exploration. Nonetheless that game was amazing and it set the bar pretty high for any future sequels. That feedback had reached their ears and so Rise of the Tomb Raider now features a lot more emphasis on exploration andThere was one major complaint regarding 2013 Tomb Raider, the lack of tombs to raid. Some would also say the game had a lot of cover shooting segments and it needed more exploration. Nonetheless that game was amazing and it set the bar pretty high for any future sequels. That feedback had reached their ears and so Rise of the Tomb Raider now features a lot more emphasis on exploration and a lot more tombs to raid. The action combat is still there, it's actually been improved, but the game balances these segments perfectly.

Stealth has become a fully fleshed out mechanic that offers the player to either ghost around enemies, take them head on in a gunfight or stealth kill them all one by one. Stealth rewards the player more with XP though so you have a good reason to try it. The map of this game is much larger than the previous title as well, it's also jam packed with tons of collectibles that you'll want to find. Collectibles offer lots of XP and items you can use to craft. Hunting animals rewards you with important crafting materials, but the materials are not just limited to weapon upgrades meaning they'll prove useful no matter what.

(This story section isn't a spoiler, it's shown in the open cutscene)
    The story (in my opinion) is absolutely incredible. Lara is determined to find the Divine Source, an artifact that may hold the secrets to immortality. She isn't doing this just to seek treasure though, she wishes to redeem her father while also making sure such a powerful artifact doesn't fall into the wrong hands. Her father went crazy after searching for this very item, he became obsessed with it and lost sight of what was truly important to him... his daughter. Lara's friends are worried she is following down the same path of insanity, chasing after ghost stories.

Of course how could we forget... the graphics. This is without a doubt one of the best looking games so far. THIS is what I call next gen. If you thought 2013 Tomb Raider looked amazing you'll be in awe at this game's visuals.

That's a lot of pros, how about cons? Well... not that many really. I do wish the story mode was a bit longer but I keep forgetting this isn't exactly an open world RPG. This is an action adventure game so the length is fine but, actually this is just making the game sound even better cause I don't want it to end! There are some bug and glitches though, mostly things you expect to see in a brand new game. One issue I have is sometimes Lara not jumping when I tell her, making me miss jumping gaps. Lastly the gunfights, while they are fun, are not really on par with other shooters BUT for me this isn't a big issue because I prefer stealth. Besides I don't know about you but I'm getting burned out with all these shooter games.

Would you believe this game actually had heavy time restrictions and not enough of a budget? Yeah apparently this is what they produce when they're under pressure. I hope this series will spawn a trilogy. I just can't get enough. They blend awesome scripted linear events while also providing an open world exploration mechanic. Stealth, gunfights, exploring, discovering, sight seeing, cinematic story and puzzles. Can't ask for much more than that!
  30. Nov 12, 2015
    I think it's one of the best games ever I've played
    Lara is back with many interesting features
    I'm looking forward to complete the game over and over again
  31. Nov 12, 2015
    One of the best games for Xbox One.

Rise of the Tomb Raider have awesome graphics & good looking animations. The Gameplay has improved a lot (Exploring, Tombs, Crafting, Stealth Gameplay) compared to Tomb Raider (2013)

All in all ROTTR is a game, no one should miss.
  32. Dec 31, 2015
    This is a solid sequel to the 2013 reboot, and a good sign for the series as a whole. The gameplay builds on the already great mechanics of its predecessor while still feeling new and satisfying. The graphics and voice acting are impressive, and the set pieces are just breathtaking and some of the best I've seen. More opportunities for exploration are now available as well as more tombsThis is a solid sequel to the 2013 reboot, and a good sign for the series as a whole. The gameplay builds on the already great mechanics of its predecessor while still feeling new and satisfying. The graphics and voice acting are impressive, and the set pieces are just breathtaking and some of the best I've seen. More opportunities for exploration are now available as well as more tombs and crypts, though they are optional. Hunting has been made more important due to things like, hides and pelts being necessary for improving on weapons and crafting certain outfits. Lara can now make grenades and Molotov cocktails from scrap lying around. The story isn't anything new but it is done well making it easy to enjoy, and the devs even put some effort into making the villains somewhat complex and sympathetic. All in all this is a great game and a must have if you enjoyed the first one. Expand
  33. Dec 12, 2015
    Other than Halo 5, this is by far the best game I've played in 2015. That's saying quite a bit as I've played Fallout 4, Destiny:Taken King, and Batman:Arkham Knight.
    If anyone gave this a score under an 8, they didn't play it or are still crying that their favorite platform won't see this game for a year or so.
    Freaking awesome! This is worth your money and time - neither of which I
    Freaking awesome! This is worth your money and time - neither of which I have much of. If you have to wait a year for this game, an XB1 is only $350, so ... you have only yourself to blame.
  34. Nov 12, 2015
    Best adventure game of this gen far away!!!! Laras evolution is incredible : best graphics, more particles, more lights in real time,but, the best part is that this game have a best gameplay and a best story tnan de first one. No all the best games are based in the action.
  35. Nov 12, 2015
    Although I don't support its timed exclusivity, this game is great fun just like Tomb Raider 2013. It takes everything that made the first one a breath of fresh air and has kicked it up a notch. The tombs are bigger and have more things to find and incredible puzzles to solve. Crafting and reading artifacts/murals are more emphasized, giving exploration a bigger role. Combat has a few newAlthough I don't support its timed exclusivity, this game is great fun just like Tomb Raider 2013. It takes everything that made the first one a breath of fresh air and has kicked it up a notch. The tombs are bigger and have more things to find and incredible puzzles to solve. Crafting and reading artifacts/murals are more emphasized, giving exploration a bigger role. Combat has a few new additions, such as being able to make explosives on the fly. Not to mention the game is GORGEOUS. This was a game I have been looking forward to all year, and it didn't disappoint me one bit. Expand
  36. Nov 15, 2015
    Rise of the Tomb Raider is a reboot of a reboot. After the lukewarm reception of the new cast of the previous game, Crystal Dynamics wisely got rid of all of them (except for the Maori guy who has no personality still), and introduced new characters. They're as bland and underdeveloped as ever, a definitive proof the writers at Crystal Dynamics couldn't come up with a deep and engagingRise of the Tomb Raider is a reboot of a reboot. After the lukewarm reception of the new cast of the previous game, Crystal Dynamics wisely got rid of all of them (except for the Maori guy who has no personality still), and introduced new characters. They're as bland and underdeveloped as ever, a definitive proof the writers at Crystal Dynamics couldn't come up with a deep and engaging character if their life depended on it, but they're still million times better than the generic hot Asian chick and the generic angry black lady from the last game. If you ignore the cliched story and soulless characters, you will have a blast, though.

Rise takes everything that was good in Tomb Raider, and makes it bigger and better. The controls are tight and responsive, the gameplay elements are still ripped off from the Batman Arkham series and Uncharted, but the blend is perfect and fun. The optional tombs are slightly more difficult this time around and very enjoyable as well.

I was very annoyed that the survival instinct vision still only works while you're standing in place. I feel it would've been better if it worked in the same manner as Batman's detective mode does in the Arkham games. Again, not a deal breaker, but it gets annoying after a while.

I'm still not a fan of the music, there's not a single memorable melody that would stick with me. Then again, it's hard to beat the original TR tune, so I won't judge too harshly.

The game looks absolutely gorgeous, and the environments are incredibly detailed and beautiful to look at. I have nothing to complain about here.

I can only recommend Rise to everyone, because this time around they finally got it right. If they start paying attention to the characters and give them an interesting and likable personality, Tomb Raider can easily surpass Uncharted as the greatest cinematic action game of all time. Not there yet, but close.
  37. Nov 12, 2015
    Wonderful Adventure game, stunning environments with that illumination is just gorgeous , has greatly improved in narration compared with the last one and detailed and variate tombs what make any adventures fans have a fun time. ( Is possible turn off the survival Instinct finally!)
  38. Nov 14, 2015
    Easily one of the best games of the year. Gamplay mechanics are superb, graphics are superb, story is interesting, grand return to the tombs... what more is there to say? The game surpassed my expectation and those expectations were pretty high considering how highly I regarded the previous game. Love what Crystal D is doing with the franchise.
  39. Nov 13, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If you enjoyed the 2013 Tomb Raider then this is a must have purchase. The game looks gorgeous on the Xbox One, and many of the original games flaws have been dealt with and improved.

My only concern or issue with the games main story line. It follows along to closely to the 2013 Tomb Raider and it seems that the only difference is a more established and confident Croft.
  40. Nov 12, 2015
    One of the best TR games in recent memory, improves on the last game in every possible way with storytelling, acting and graphics. Gameplay is a highlight, the world is bigger, forcing you to explore to improve your weapons and inventory.
  41. Nov 11, 2015
    Loved in every way, the combat system is the only con, and still is very good, break the wall of the best games this year, it deserve be GOTY, and people seriously underestimate this game comparing it to Fallout 4
  42. Nov 14, 2015
    Having immensely enjoyed the 2013 reboot of Tomb Raider, I was anticipating liking it's sequel, and I did - but it was one of the few games that actually managed to surpass my expectations and then some.

Rise of the Tomb Raider takes place mostly in Siberia across 3 absolutely massive and densely packed hubs. The story is decent by videogame standards, having enough twists and turns to keep it engaging and a villain that's a marked improvement from the previous game. Though I could have done without many of the side characters that aid Lara throughout the campaign they don't detract from the experience on the whole. But it's Lara Croft that really makes the game, the character work here is brilliant, Lara can simultaneously be vulnerable and hard faced making her a dangerous and interesting bad ass. It's not often you see women take on this type of role in games and I hope Crystal Dynamics keep her this way.

Combat, stealth and platforming all return with improvements. Combat remains tight, the dynamic cover still flawless in the face of battle and on the highest difficulty enemies can be a real challenge - the game is almost a little too reliant on combat but luckily it's fun enough. Though fighting human enemies can lose it's lustre after a while, fighting animals is an absolute thrill (and hard!). Platforming is similar to the last game but now with some extra moves to make it a bit more varied and stealth has been implemented very well here, in fact it's one of the most fun stealth systems I've used outside of Metal Gear Solid 5.

The best thing about Rise of the Tomb Raider is the optional side tombs, they're absolutely brilliant. Not so challenging that you're pulling your xbox one controller out of the wall after hurling it out of annoyance, but they can be legitimately tricky in places. Not only that but they have a fantastic atmosphere that recalls the old games, my favourite (despite being easier than the others I've attempted) involves raising water levels and it was a joy to play through, I felt like it was 1996 all over again. I do almost wish there were more of them, but they are still plentiful and much bigger than the previous games, I would happily put down more cash to play some tomb DLC's.

The game feels full of content and I'm no where near completing it 100%, but it doesn't feel bloated. The set pieces that push the story along are thrilling and much better implemented than the last games. It's hard to give Rise of the Tomb Raider any negative points, I'd say it's almost the perfect action adventure game! But I'm hoping in the sequel they cut down a little on human slaughtering and really push the tomb and animal combat, which is where the this game get its identity and it really excels. Rise of the Tomb Raider 10/10
  43. Nov 14, 2015
    Simply amazing, from the moment you traverse the snowy Siberian Mountain to the first tomb/ship raid, this has left me speechless.
    Fantastic visuals are just the icing on the cake, Lara Croft looks a lot better in RotTR than she did in TR 2013 and TR:DE.
    Haven't played the 360 version but from what I've seen, it looks smashing on the aged 10 year old hardware. This can most definitely
    This can most definitely give the Uncharted series a run for its money but most people seem to forget that Lara's been doing it since 1996.
  44. Nov 14, 2015
    The 2013 Reboot of Tomb Raider was a success and a stellar modern reboot nailed to a tee. Rise of The Tomb Raider takes what made its predecessor so good and makes it even better in every facet. Probably the best looking and perhaps the best overall Xbox One exclusive game overall.
  45. Nov 14, 2015
    The new instalment of the TR franchise is an all round solid entry, as smooth as the 2013 predecessor. Mechanics are solid however occasionally unforgiving when traversing hostile environments. The climbing and movement controls have not really been developed much in this game when compared to the last and at times it does feel like you are replaying curtain areas; Scripted events areThe new instalment of the TR franchise is an all round solid entry, as smooth as the 2013 predecessor. Mechanics are solid however occasionally unforgiving when traversing hostile environments. The climbing and movement controls have not really been developed much in this game when compared to the last and at times it does feel like you are replaying curtain areas; Scripted events are common when climbing and often quite predictable. However, that is not to say the latest TR does not bring a few new and well executed ideas to the table. Starting with the amount of side ops and challenges each area holds - there is more to do in each area and it gives you a chance to explore a bit before pursuing the main story quests. These new side missions include exploring caves/tombs (the puzzles here are really well done, reminiscent of the main side quests from older AC games) helping contacts you meet in new areas, a more thorough weapons/items/skills upgrade system and a well implemented 'weapons black market'. However, along with these good new ideas, one bad one slipped through: Collectibles (now everywhere, and different types too *sad face*) - although it can be satisfying finally unlocking that much needed item or weapon it's not exactly fun running up and down an area a million times making sure you have got every collectible (trust me, not getting them is not an option if you want to upgrade quickly). The visuals are also nice but there are areas that come across quite grainy on closer inspection. The combat system is solid, really not a lot has changed in core tactics as per the 2013 TR other than Lara has a massive new range of skills available to her through xp - I've not got to play around with the later skills yet but this definitely looks plentiful. Also another nice touch is you have a new armoury made up of a few different weapons per class which I think is a much better weapons system implementation than 2013. To fans of the older TR's expect something much different but also enjoyable (I've seen a few people making comparisons to Uncharted which I'd say is fair) and to new fans and fans of the 2013 TR I'd recommend playing this I'm sure it is something you will enjoy as I do. With additional solo campaign content yet to be released this is one happy gamer who is going for that 100% completion rate again! Expand
  46. Nov 11, 2015
    Perfect in every way. The pacing does not feel rushed. The battles and survival aspect are both top-notch. Lara has been brought back to life by Crystal Dynamics so kudos to them. The supporting characters also have immense level of depth.

All in all...the storyline is the best...I want more
  47. Nov 10, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 在这个3A大作井喷的月份,毫无疑问古墓丽影10是我的最爱!游戏画面和操作手感相对于前作有极大的飞跃,本作故事叙述方式采用了大量的插叙和倒叙,环环相扣,期间夹杂着大量解密和支线任务,真的让人欲罢不能,根本停不下来。最重要的是:此作有【纯正的普通话国配】【纯正的普通话国配】【纯正的普通话国配】重要的事说三遍!!!这种纯正母语带来的游戏代入感是前所未有的,希望以后的3A大作都有能这样的待遇,这是一个幸福的开始。 Expand
  48. Nov 11, 2015
    What out Uncharted 4......Lara is back and she is Vicious and going for Blood as the best Adventure game in recent history.

Crystal Dynamics made an outstanding title with Rise of the Tomb Raider. Everything from Story, Gameplay, Mechanics, are all alive and well. This game can only be compared to a drunk...you just can't put it down until your done with it. Not only the Xbox ONE

Not only the Xbox ONE version looks, sounds and plays incredible but it also pushes the Xbox 360 hardware to the max on that version.

Thank you Microsoft.
    Thank you Crystal Dynamics.
  49. Dec 1, 2015
    My biggest gripes with the last Tomb Raider have been addressed in this game. Challenge is handled reasonably well this time. Found the puzzles too short in easy in the last game and it had very little tomb exploration. It was more about combat. This one has a decent mix of combat, exploration, puzzle solving, and collecting. It doesn't drag on too long in one direction. After beating theMy biggest gripes with the last Tomb Raider have been addressed in this game. Challenge is handled reasonably well this time. Found the puzzles too short in easy in the last game and it had very little tomb exploration. It was more about combat. This one has a decent mix of combat, exploration, puzzle solving, and collecting. It doesn't drag on too long in one direction. After beating the game I was happy to explore additional challenge tombs. The only complaint I can think of is that is the over world sections are not set in particularly exciting locations. Would have liked an island setting better. Maybe the next game will let you travel the world more often. Imagine if you relived areas like the great wall of China. Also, where's the duel wielding desert eagles? Expand
  50. Nov 25, 2015
    An improvement in all aspects of the original, Rise of the Tomb Raider is an immersive and fun, cinematic gaming experience

Originally holding of on this game due to the shared release day with Fallout 4, I was heads or tails as to whether or not i should buy post-release or wait until Christmas had settled in and get it then, fortunately boredom settled in first and Rise of the Tomb raider was essentially another excuse to get playing once again.

The first thing i will start with in this review is praising the voice acting, which was a major complaint i had with the first game, with Lara sounding more or less like a broken record, with the assortment of screams followed by the yelling of the word Sam. essentially outdoing Frodo Baggins with Samwise Gamgee in the LOTR trilogy. It was honestly nice to hear some decent voice acting for a change, which had helped in my opinion drive the story along, by delivering dialogue that didn't make you want to reach for the skip button

Gameplay has since also improved, which i am pleased to say unlike the definitive edition of the original game hasn't crashed once, which comes as a massive relief when your actually able to complete an intense action sequence without having to reset your console half-way through due to the game seizing. Aside from that combat and climbing seemed much more refined as i find myself falling to my death less frequently and my bullets landing exactly where i want them to (once I've lowered the sensitivity)

Story is by all means interesting but is otherwise undermined by predictability, as i ended up calling most of the games major plot twists early on in the game, leaving me rolling my eyes when it came to fruition. As most of these related back to the antagonistic organisation introduced in the game known as trinity i found myself not at all intimidated by their presence within the game as i struggled to find whether they were a poorly organised secret society or the byproduct of sloppy writing.

But otherwise Rise of Tomb Raider is a fun campaign based experience that has a lot of content and worth to ease your bordom
  51. Nov 13, 2015
    Sublime, it's such a pretty game running through the snow with it twinkling back at you and man volumetric lighting and fog, is just so pretty, animations and physix are on form too, deformable snow, improved shooting, and way better story i don't really want to go into the specifics of the story because saying anything about it could ruin it just trust me the story is better, and fellowSublime, it's such a pretty game running through the snow with it twinkling back at you and man volumetric lighting and fog, is just so pretty, animations and physix are on form too, deformable snow, improved shooting, and way better story i don't really want to go into the specifics of the story because saying anything about it could ruin it just trust me the story is better, and fellow cast are farm more interesting and belivable

it's not without its slight blips, and confirmed from the digital foundry videos regarding some of the tech issues but the achievement of the game far out weigh the small miss steps and tech blips, if you enjoyed the first tomb raider you'll love this one, its more of the same good points less of the bad points on a more focused and refined direction
  52. Dec 5, 2015
    The new adventure of Lara is an amazing beauty, graphically speaking the game is wonderful, from the forest to the snowy peaks, exploring unknown and danger-filled tombs. With a good storyline and exhilarating gameplay, Rise of Tomb Raider shown very dynamic, however, is still rather not large enough to show their true potential, maybe the next game can raise your level and bring theThe new adventure of Lara is an amazing beauty, graphically speaking the game is wonderful, from the forest to the snowy peaks, exploring unknown and danger-filled tombs. With a good storyline and exhilarating gameplay, Rise of Tomb Raider shown very dynamic, however, is still rather not large enough to show their true potential, maybe the next game can raise your level and bring the franchise back heights and to restore one of the best of its genre. Expand
  53. Dec 12, 2015
    The best Tomb Raider and best current gen game so far. Anyway It is not perfect, graphics not always top notch, I would like more horror moments with some kind of creatures. Also I mind that many outfits looks bad and boring. The rest of game is awesome.
  54. Dec 2, 2015
    One of the best action adventures games of all time. Even better of the first one at all sections. Fantastic graphics, art design, places, gameplay. A must buy
  55. Dec 2, 2015
    Rise of the Tomb Raider is an amazing game of microsoft. This game has a compelling story, but simple. The gameplay is better than the last, the puzzles are much better. The graphics and the soundtrack are wonderful. Overall, Rise of the Tomb Raider is the best exclusive game of xbox this year, and one of the best games of the year as well, the only problem is the weak story. 9/10
  56. Dec 2, 2015
    Great graphics! All games on these next gen consoles should look to this game as a litmus for graphics. Game is just beautiful. Controls easy enough to manage without developing Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. I played the last on on the Xbox One and decided that this series is for me. This one is just as great with a few more tools in her belt to help traverse the world. I have a fewGreat graphics! All games on these next gen consoles should look to this game as a litmus for graphics. Game is just beautiful. Controls easy enough to manage without developing Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. I played the last on on the Xbox One and decided that this series is for me. This one is just as great with a few more tools in her belt to help traverse the world. I have a few complaints that prevent me from giving this game a 10/10. 1. LOAD times!!- why on these new gen consoles do we still have ridiculous load times? When "Fast" traveling from campsite to campsite, it takes forever. What is going on here? 2. If you build your achievements list to explore every tomb, mission, challenge on one play through, why have these tasks unavailable to you until far further into the game? Example, Laura will need a re-breather (oxygen apparatus) in order to access certain Crypts/Tombs fairly early in the game, however; the re-breather is not unlocked/provided to you until about 55% through the story. Couple this with the ridiculous load times once you unlock the rebreather and then have to "fast" travel back to the level to use it and it becomes quite frustrating. Don't let those two complaints deter you from playing the game. I absolutely love it, but it's not Perfect, therefore cannot give it a 10/10 Expand
  57. Dec 21, 2015
    Rise of The Tomb Raider no solo podría ser fácil el mejor juego de Xbox actualmente, si no que podría entrar en esa discusión por el mejor del año.

Como fan del primer juego, es agradable ver como se tomo al primer juego y se le mejoro en todo aspecto, el poder de la One hace que los escenarios sean espectaculares, una historia lo suficiente para enganchar de principio a fin, y la Lara Croft mas espectacular de toda la saga hacen de este juego un obligatorio para cualquier jugador, y como poseedor de One, es una lastima que los que tienen PS4 no puedan disfrutar (aún) de esta maravilla.

La justa combinación y balanceo entre acción, aventura y hechos sobrenaturales.

Más y mejor.

Si el primer juego acertó en algo, fue en lograr tener un juego de acción sin dejar a un lado el espíritu de sus predecesores con las tumbas, en este juego regresan, más y mejores.

El nuevo sistema de crafteo le da una variedad fresca, teniendo que buscar determinados animales para poder fabricar objetos. Los diferentes atuendos de Lara no solo son para hacer lucir mejor a una ya bella Lara, si no que tienen determinadas bonificaciones.

La historia es lo suficientemente buena para mantenerte al filo por querer saber que pasara a continuación, y con un villano que cumple desde principio a fin, la variedad de objetos y coleccionables añaden mucha rejugabilidad por zonas que ya se visitaron, si bien los combates no son tan épicos, cumplen con hacerte sentir esa adrenalina que un juego de este tipo debería brindar, la durabilidad es maravillosa, pasaran bastantes horas para que lo termines y si eres como yo que les gusta terminar un juego al 100%, bueno, serán varias semanas coleccionando todo.

Este juego ya no cuenta con su incomprendido pero buen multijugador que tenia su antecesor, en cambio, se enfocaron en la campaña y un sistema de "Microtransacciones" que no es obligatorio y que no arruina la experiencia del juego... ejem, Halo 5...
    podremos repetir misiones y comprar con puntos del juego o dinero real tarjetas para hacer mas difícil estas misiones o hacerlas mas divertidas con diferentes bonificaciones. Si bien no es la gran modalidad, brinda unas buenas horas de juego.

Rise of The Tomb Raider es una compra obligatoria para cualquier poseedor de One, y la envidia (sana) de los que no tienen one, y podrán disfrutarlo a fines de 2016.

No hay que cometer el error de compararlo con otras sagas, comparémoslo y juzguémoslo con si mismo y con lo que pudo/podía/puede ofrecer, y, siendo así, supero a su predecesor, siendo el mejor juego de la saga.

Este juego se merece un 10 de 10, siendo lo mejor de One este año.

Y por dios, es inevitable enamorarse de Lara.
  58. Dec 1, 2015
    A well done sequel that is more fully developed than its predecessor. It's defiantly loads better than Sonic Adventure, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic Boom, and Sonic Unleashed.
  59. Dec 10, 2015
    Rise Of The Tomb Raider Review

Pros: . Amazing Visuals (the developers are aware of this!) . Impelling and fantastic storyline . Plenty of gameplay content to fulfill your gaming needs Cons: . Restriction of exploration . QTE’S . Lara’s Hair To put it simply; Rise Of The Tomb Raider is a must have christmas game for any gamer looking for a story driven adventure into the
    Rise Of The Tomb Raider Review

Pros:
    . Amazing Visuals (the developers are aware of this!)
    . Impelling and fantastic storyline
    . Plenty of gameplay content to fulfill your gaming needs

Cons:
    . Restriction of exploration
    . QTE’S
    . Lara’s Hair

To put it simply; Rise Of The Tomb Raider is a must have christmas game for any gamer looking for a story driven adventure into the world of Lara Croft; or even a game for those who just want to shoot em up, because there is plenty of that. If you have played the 2013 Tomb Raider Enhanced Edition then this game won’t disappoint, offering the same experience in gameplay but with a fresh palette of visuals and interesting characters.

Xbox One being the only platform to offer Rise Of The Tomb Raider right now holds up fantastically in visuals, especially when it is regarded as the lesser of the three platforms; PC, Playstation and Xbox. In short; Rise Of The Tomb Raider is the best looking console game I have ever played and I often found myself feeling inclined to take screenshots for all my friends to see, and I have never felt the need to do that in any game. Every spare moment which I had in the game was consumed by short pauses to embrace my surroundings in the crisp snow littered with Lara’s footprints, the incredibly detailed costumes offered in a wide variety and the simply stunning landscape wherever you were in the game. However, Lara’s hair seems to have it’s own personal wind machine and shines like it’s covered in a thick layer of oil. I even found myself distracted during important cutscenes laughing at the grease ball that is Lara’s hair. Overall, if you’re looking for a visually stunning game then look no further than Rise of The Tomb Raider.

Just like it’s predecessor Rise Of The Tomb Raider allows you to explore a vast open world sprawling with plenty of enemies to kill, but be careful as these enemies are very smart. This game is not completely open world as each area is it’s own divided section filled with things to do. Though certain areas are gate locked by ability which highly frustrated me in my playthrough when i found the urge to complete a tomb, but was not allowed access because I had not unlocked a certain piece of equipment. A common plague amongst open worlds is plenty of things to do, but with no incentive to do them. Make no mistakes every collectible or tomb provides huge advantage to the playthrough.

Unlike it’s previous the game is not linear as such, but is a restricted open world cut off into sections you may or may not be able to enter based on your progress.
    Lara seemed to develope an annoying habit of ensuring her bobble was always in, triggering an animation that would play for what seemed every two minutes. Very distracting.

This time around there are certainly more tombs to explore, which in itself offers a whole new book of gameplay. I found myself challenged enough to pace back and forth between each puzzle to find where I had gone wrong and why the damned door won’t open! The puzzles are difficult but not to the point of frustration and you will find yourself whipping out that phone to google the solution ( we have all done it). However, once you do complete the puzzle; Tomb rewards are worth it for both the physical reward but also the mental reward of completing a tomb.

Three Skills are on offer for Lara’s “customisation”. Hunting, brawling and survivor. Each comes with it’s own perk tree and branching skills of 3 levels. Level 1 being a basic skill and level 3 being advanced. Each contributes differently, with survivor making crafting easier and brawling making combat a much more brutal experience, with two arrows rather than one. I found myself not caring for the skills as I progressed through the game as each skill never offered anything to the game too drastically for me to notice. I ended up just find a skill I thought looked cool and went with it, no care into if it was the best option. The skills just feel a bit lackluster for me.

The process of resource gathering becomes tedious and a chore during the game, pressing the same button to skin a rabbit or gather a branch. I found it a huge distraction to hunt for resources during stunning moments, and it completely broke me from my immersion into the game.

Rise Of The Tomb Raider tells it story through amazing character development and attention to detail. The Villain in this particular game is close felt and allows you to feel hatred alongside Lara, making you want to push through and achieve Lara’s aims. But it’s the way Lara grabs her gun during cutscenes or the way passion flares off characters eye’s that tell the true story. If a game has ever wanted to tell a story within every action, then this games does exactly that. The ending feels satisfactory and perhaps missing something, but the build up is phenomenal and has laid some great foundations for future titles.
  60. Dec 12, 2015
    Great game, this game have a great graphics, good history, easy and intuitive game play, Im very happy plating this awesome adventure game, the best in xbox one.
  61. Nov 12, 2015
  62. Nov 14, 2015
    Rise of the Tomb Raider the new release of Crystal Dynamics is simply epic, a sign of a great game for Christmas, with the return of the number adventurous one of the videojueguil industry, this is a set of 10 improved in all aspects is superrecomendado just bestial and, if this is the game of the year.
  63. Nov 17, 2015
    The Dislikes are PS fanboys mad that Rise is not on PS4.

Ignore the BS, if you have an xbox one and are looking for a great action adventure game.

Well Look no further than Rise of the Tomb Raider.
  64. Nov 17, 2015
    Solid entry from SE that ups the original reboot. Outstanding graphics/visuals with an extremely stable frame rate. Superb story telling and challenging game play. Would not be surprised if this got a nomination for game of the year....not saying it will win, but could be a contender.

My only gripe playing the game was the constant dialogue of Lara talking to herself. But if I were in the dire situations she experiences, I suspect I would be talking to myself as well.

Great: Story telling, graphics, robust areas to explore.
    Good: Game play
    Bad: Lara's voice can get annoying.
  65. Nov 12, 2015
    Lara está de volta e a aventura não para. Já cheguei a 20% do game e muitas reviravolta já aconteceu. Já ouvi comentários sobre a história, que é fraca e tal... mais uma coisa é certa, você vai começar a jogar e não vai querer parar, estranho né. Tirando isto, o game traz algumas inovações, que não vou contar aqui, jogue e vá descobrindo aos poucos, o game vai se tornar mais interessante.Lara está de volta e a aventura não para. Já cheguei a 20% do game e muitas reviravolta já aconteceu. Já ouvi comentários sobre a história, que é fraca e tal... mais uma coisa é certa, você vai começar a jogar e não vai querer parar, estranho né. Tirando isto, o game traz algumas inovações, que não vou contar aqui, jogue e vá descobrindo aos poucos, o game vai se tornar mais interessante. Tomb Raider tem os seus tropeços, mais nada que tire este 10, estou falando das microtransações. Paga-se caro num jogo e pelo visto não é o bastante. Mais como não é nada obrigatório, vida que segue.
    Bom pessoal é isso, vou continuar o jogatina , Lara está me esperando ! kkkkk Abraço.
  66. Nov 10, 2015
    Rise of the Tomb Raider adds to an already excellent series of Tomb Raider games. It takes some of the best aspects that gamers really enjoyed about the previous games. I was actually very surprised by the graphics as a whole. I have had absolutely no problems with the gameplay and absolutely no large glitches. The story is easy to follow without being too simple. I really was surprised byRise of the Tomb Raider adds to an already excellent series of Tomb Raider games. It takes some of the best aspects that gamers really enjoyed about the previous games. I was actually very surprised by the graphics as a whole. I have had absolutely no problems with the gameplay and absolutely no large glitches. The story is easy to follow without being too simple. I really was surprised by the quality of the game as a whole. The only real negative thing I can say about it is that it was a bit to easy to figure out some of the parts that were supposed to be puzzles. Expand
  67. Nov 11, 2015
    Really good, although they need to port it on PC/PS4, it was a bad decision to make it a timed Xbox exclusive. People all over could enjoy it, but money over customers. So yeah the game is nice, action packed and you want to finish it from start to the finish. Would I recommend it over Fallout 4? Maybe, it's good but it has it's flaws (Just like Fallout).
  68. Nov 15, 2015
    Can a game be too beautiful? Too visually breathtaking? Rise of the Tomb Raider brought up this question to myself multiple times - it is unquestionably the most visually impressive game I've seen thus far. This goes for the technical side of the game (with its crisp picture and fantastic volumetric lighting effects to the absolutely perfect character model of Lara Croft) but even more forCan a game be too beautiful? Too visually breathtaking? Rise of the Tomb Raider brought up this question to myself multiple times - it is unquestionably the most visually impressive game I've seen thus far. This goes for the technical side of the game (with its crisp picture and fantastic volumetric lighting effects to the absolutely perfect character model of Lara Croft) but even more for the game world Crystal Dynamics has created: it's gorgeous, filled with amazing detail and the vast areas absolutely beg to be explored for the next eye-opening vista. And here we come back to my initial question: I really dig amazing graphics in games and love to enjoy them by just looking at the game world. In Rise of the Tomb Raider, though, I get so permanently distracted from the gameplay it's almost ridiculous. Even in tense escape sequences, I tend to stop to enjoy a beautiful vista, gaze at the game's fascinating lighting or run around to see the traces Lara left in the deep Siberian snow. It sure would made for some surreal moments if you watched me playing in these moments - Lara just standing there, looking at this strangely beautiful burning trees in the dark Siberian Wilderness, while all hell breaks loose around her and the music reaching new dramatic heights. Now, in some games, this could be a good excuse for lacking gameplay or a sub-par storyline - luckily, non of this appies to Raise of the Tomb Raider. As in 2013's reboot, the gameplay is an excellent blend of stealth, puzzle solving, exploring, platforming and exciting cover-based 3rd-person-shooting (that still has one of the most unobtrusive and fluid cover mechanics in any game). The story is very well told, no matter if it's the main story or one of the stories told by documents you can collect. The amazing world makes searching for the documents fun, and finding them is actually very rewarding, as the story they tell is actually meaningful and exciting - even a little bit educational, if you take the time to look up some of the involved cultures. Of course, large parts of the story are pure fiction, but it's always based on at least a bit of real historic events or cultures. I also like the inclusion of non-enemy inhabitants in the game world as well, which makes exploring even more fascinating. Speaking of which, the new areas are huge and full of things to do - collecting, exploring, hunting and now even side-missions. Of course there is also no lack of (now more challenging) tombs. The beauty about it is that all of it feels right and not so much just about stretching game time. It's things I want to do, things I have lots of fun with. And where I can spend more time looking at such a beautiful game world - because, a game really never can be too beautiful. Expand
  69. Nov 11, 2015
    To be completely honest with you, this game is amazing. Great graphics Lara is hot, and the gameplay is as fun as ever. Disregard the hate, it his one of the best games of the year in my opinion.
  70. Nov 17, 2015
    hichaman- did you even play the game? i feel like you are trolling. The game never crashed on me once and ran smooth as butter 95% of the time. I ran into two at max three character to wall interaction glitches and that was it. I thought the ending left a little bit more to be desired but the meat and potatoes of the games extra content and story driven quests were amazing. I would not sayhichaman- did you even play the game? i feel like you are trolling. The game never crashed on me once and ran smooth as butter 95% of the time. I ran into two at max three character to wall interaction glitches and that was it. I thought the ending left a little bit more to be desired but the meat and potatoes of the games extra content and story driven quests were amazing. I would not say the game is any better than the first game mechanically (which was great) but the game expands its boundaries into a more open world creating a more colorful experience with loads more missions and tombs to be explored. Expand
  71. Dec 3, 2015
    Amazing, some of the best graphics in a game. Anyone giving this game a 0 should be ashamed of themselves and need to get out more. It improves on everything over the original. They have thrown down the gauntlet to UC4
  72. Nov 11, 2015
    From the moment I began playing this game the first thought that came into my head was, "Now this is truly Next Gen!" As mentioned by other reviewers, Rise of the Tomb Raider is probably one of the best looking video games I have ever played! And not only are the graphics incredible, but the game play and the story suck you in and keep you hooked! I truly enjoyed the first titleFrom the moment I began playing this game the first thought that came into my head was, "Now this is truly Next Gen!" As mentioned by other reviewers, Rise of the Tomb Raider is probably one of the best looking video games I have ever played! And not only are the graphics incredible, but the game play and the story suck you in and keep you hooked! I truly enjoyed the first title rebooting this series and this game improves upon that on so many different levels. If you love video games I highly recommend picking up this rare gem. It is a feast for the eyes and a joy for the heart, head, mind, and soul. Great story, adrenaline pumping action, spectacular graphics, and a heroine that you can't help but root for make this title my choice of game of the year!! Expand
  73. Nov 14, 2015
    Probably the best tomb raider in the history. Fabulous graphic, music and gameplay. This is my second favorite game in the world (first is witcher 3 ;)
  74. Nov 18, 2015
    Plays and looks like a next gen Tomb Raider. Lara is back and more bad ass! This sequel essentially tops the previous title with better machines, visuals and environments. We are also given a much stronger cast that really grow as the game plays out. Rise of the tomb raider is just the beginning of something much more special.
  75. Nov 21, 2015
    There was very little room for improvement, but Rise actually pulls it off. Aside from being one of the most beautiful looking games ever, it's a masterpiece of balance and pacing. Superb camerawork also adds to the drama considerably. The gameplay owes much to the Uncharted series as everyone knows...but I think it manages to set a new bar.

2 fairly minor issues: The late addition of

2 fairly minor issues: The late addition of the truly absurd "climbing arrows"...and Lara's dull, humorless(borderline grating)do-gooder personality. I was kinda hoping she'd start evolving a bit into the cocky heroine from the original games. Nope...same mopey tormented soul we found in the last release.
  76. Nov 16, 2015
    Rise of the Tomb Raider in my eyes definitely earns a spot in the running for GOTY. Probably the best looking game for the Xbox One to date. Aside from the normal praise from beautiful graphics, little touches like Lara fixing her hair after swimming or seeing her shiver in the colder areas and her jaw noticeably shivering even at the base camps makes the game all the more immersive andRise of the Tomb Raider in my eyes definitely earns a spot in the running for GOTY. Probably the best looking game for the Xbox One to date. Aside from the normal praise from beautiful graphics, little touches like Lara fixing her hair after swimming or seeing her shiver in the colder areas and her jaw noticeably shivering even at the base camps makes the game all the more immersive and impressive to look at.
    Gameplay feels even better than Tomb Raider 2013. Lara feels very responsive and the combat feels nice and smooth. The crafting mechanics are nice to have and you will probably need it to make mostly to make arrows but it's not complicated and if you pick up everything you see you should always have enough. materials. I also like the ability to heal yourself during combat with using herbs. Even though there is health regen, you don't have to hide in a corner and wait when your badly hit if you got the herbs and cloth which makes it quick and easy to heal and stay in the fight.
    For me the story is great it really felt like an Indiana Jones style adventure that quickly evolves into something greater. Lara is extremely likable and considerably more badass from the last game but she isn't flawless. She has a bad habit of telling everyone to stay behind while she handles it and no one ever listens to her (you can probably make a drinking game out of it). We also get more backstory into Lara's past and her relationship with her father and how it all connects to the game which is cool. The villain is pretty standard but sh!t gets real after a twist in the early hours that really pulled me in. Even the historical background of what Lara's after is interesting and I searched every corner I could to find the document collectibles to learn more.
    You can say it becomes even more comparable to the Uncharted series than the last game but that shouldn't be taken as a negative. It has all the best parts of Uncharted and elevates it to a level even better.It goes deeper than just killing dudes and climbing rocks. The exploration, upgrading, collecting and everything else makes for one of the best games out for the Xbox One. This game is absolutely worth full value and for those waiting on the PC or PS4 version, you may want to consider getting one of the bundles this holiday, especially those who have been waiting to upgrade. Otherwise, you're in for a hell of a time when it does release.
  77. Nov 16, 2015
    This game is such an an achievement for the tomb raider franchise and the xbox one console, graphically pushing the limits of the system. This game is truly showing the xbox one at it's best. The story is well written and comes across in a way that makes you want to stay until the end. This game is well thought out and well made. Quite honestly, this is one of the best games I have everThis game is such an an achievement for the tomb raider franchise and the xbox one console, graphically pushing the limits of the system. This game is truly showing the xbox one at it's best. The story is well written and comes across in a way that makes you want to stay until the end. This game is well thought out and well made. Quite honestly, this is one of the best games I have ever played, and I can't say that about most games anymore. Simply amazing. Expand
  78. Nov 15, 2015
    Absolutely fantastic game, improves on the last tomb raider in almost every way. I'm 80% to completion and I can't seem to put it down! It's a shame there isn't more tombs, there's only 8 or so in the game.

No issues with the game, it's everything I expected and a whole lot more. Visually stunning!
  79. Nov 10, 2015
    성공한 후속작의 좋은예,하지만 그래도 전작의 느낌이 너무 강하게 남아있는건 아쉽다,
    전작에 긍정적인 부분들은 이어가고 부족했던 부분을 적절하게 보완한 느낌
    일자진행이던 전작에 다양한 루트를 추가하고 적당한 분량의 사이드 퀘스트,그리고 다회차 요소까지 아쉬웠던 부분들을 대부분 개선!
  80. Nov 16, 2015
    Crystal Dynamics delivers again. Much like the first TR, it is a game that balances cinematic action, exploration, combat (or stealth), platforming, collecting and puzzles. Constantly shifting pace so the experience is fresh start to finish, regardless if you rush through the story or try to complete everything.

Lara as a character shines, though the secondary cast is more

Lara as a character shines, though the secondary cast is more forgettable.

Combat, despite being very easy and not having the control of a twitch shooter, it is always entertaining and very satisfying. Be it through the use of craftables, stealth shanking, or pulling off headshots.

The only downside is the collectibles seem to have gotten slightly out of control this time around. You may find yourself constantly backtracking, often back to the same areas multiple times. While collectible hunting can be fun, it borders on become a chore.

Regardless, its one of the best games of the year and highly recommended for just about any gamer.
  81. Nov 15, 2015
    O jogo é espetacular! Sem dúvida um dos melhores jogos do ano. Sabe aquela impressão de que o segundo jogo da heroína poderia não ficar tão bom quanto o esperado? Esse jogo faz você engolir de vez essa sensação. Perfeito!
  82. Nov 16, 2015
    it´s the best game of this part of years. The graphics, the sound, the history, the dialog it´s awesome. The best tomb raider from the rebot. It´s better than fallout 4.
  83. Nov 16, 2015
    10/10 Лучшая игра этого года, очень понравилась, геймплэй и картинка супер, всем любителям качественных игр рекомендую, это настолько же хорошо, насколько и анчартед 3 и не сомневаюсь, что не хуже чем будущий анчартед 4, по больше бы таких качественных игр.10/10 Лучшая игра этого года, очень понравилась, геймплэй и картинка супер, всем любителям качественных игр рекомендую, это настолько же хорошо, насколько и анчартед 3 и не сомневаюсь, что не хуже чем будущий анчартед 4, по больше бы таких качественных игр.
  84. Nov 22, 2015
    Tomb Raider 2013 brought Lara Croft back with a bang. Rise of the Tomb Raider proves it wasn't a fluke, the first lady of adventuring is well and truly back.

Everything good about the 2013 game is back with it's combination of action, climbing and Metroid-esqe exploration with new equipment opening new areas in places you've already explored. While not the most original plot in the world, the story's delivered better then in the 2013 game with plenty of additional logs to flesh things out, though some scream story twists well ahead of them being revealed.

The game also looks and runs brilliantly on the Xbox One. We hear so many stories of games being released buggy and unfinished but Rise of the Tomb Raider is solid from the get go (bar the occasional second or two pause that made me think the game had crashed which I had about 3 times during my first play through, though at least not in major moments). The game looks beautiful as well with plenty of nice little touches such as trails left in the snow and Lara's habit of wringing her hair out when she climbs out of water.

Simply put, get the game now.
  85. Nov 30, 2015
    This game has to be one of the most brilliant adventure survival games of 2015. The graphics, the storyline, and the freemode is all excellent. "10/10 IGN" :p
  86. Dec 2, 2015
    A very solid 3rd person action adventure game, they could have just called this Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade re-imagined. The story is so similar to that movie it's hard to imagine them using anything else as a base for the story. That is not a bad thing but it got to a point later on in the game where it just became rediculous how similar they were. As for the game itself, theA very solid 3rd person action adventure game, they could have just called this Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade re-imagined. The story is so similar to that movie it's hard to imagine them using anything else as a base for the story. That is not a bad thing but it got to a point later on in the game where it just became rediculous how similar they were. As for the game itself, the gameplay is solid but the framerate and some game crippling bugs showed up quite a bit more than I was expecting with this game. I had multiple freezes and crashes throughout my playthrough and that's not something I can recommend to anyone right now. But honestly the worst thing this game did was releasing on the same day that Fallout 4 did. That alone will cost them sales and that was definitely a dumb move for a company that's trying to get on the same level as Bethesda. Still I liked this game. It's nothing I'll remember for years to come but, like the first Tomb Raider game that Crystal Dynamics did, it's very solid and definitely well worth your time. Expand
  87. Dec 15, 2015
    I rarely play console games, but gave this one a try with a friend.

It's great. If you like anything like tomb raider, give this game a chance. Likable characters, beautiful environments, immersive story, easy to pick up controls. I feel this game is very polished and deserves the praise compared to most games this year that were pushed out quickly with unstable release versions that
    I rarely play console games, but gave this one a try with a friend.

It's great. If you like anything like tomb raider, give this game a chance.

Likable characters, beautiful environments, immersive story, easy to pick up controls. I feel this game is very polished and deserves the praise compared to most games this year that were pushed out quickly with unstable release versions that had to be seriously patched up later.
  88. Nov 23, 2015
    Can you say 'dark horse game of the year contender'?

Can you say 'dark horse game of the year contender'?

Captures the essence of adventure better than any other game to have come out this year, which is a big ask when you're standing toe-to-toe with open world heavy-hitters TW3, MGSV and FO4. There's a true sense of stranded desperation for the first few hours, followed by a distressed urgency that follows through right up to a satisfying - if slightly predictable - conclusion while a few well-executed twists and turns along the way prevent the story from feeling tired.

Most of the less involved mechanics from TR2013 have been updated, leaving crafting in a much more robust state and environment traversal considerably more varied (especially in the late game). Optional tombs make a return in much the same fashion as before but are joined this time by crypts, which are essentially smaller equivalents. Exploring is more rewarding this time around as there are more immediate rewards for doing it, from weapon parts to skills to rare coins that can be exchanged for early or otherwise unobtainable equipment unlocks.

It handles reasonably well; Lara will occasionally turn the wrong way or drop off a ledge instead of turning on the spot, but it's not too obtrusive and most of the time everything flows nicely. Control mapping has a single flaw in that you'll often accidentally pick up a tin can or glass bottle instead of looting a corpse, which can be a little frustrating especially if you're trying to scavenge ammo mid-fight. Quicktime events are a thing that exists but they're unintrusive and don't break the pace of the game too badly.

Visually it's entirely beautiful - well above and beyond what you'd expect from an Xbox One game. It falls down a little on 'generic NPC' models, but all of the named characters are modelled and animated wonderfully and the environments are stunning without fail. There seems to be some TressFX-style hair animation at work; how they got that working on a console I've no idea. Framerate is stable at 30, which isn't perfect but at least it's consistent - noticeable drops are very, very rare.

It's very nearly technically perfect, but here's a list of little niggles that resulted in a 9 instead of a 10:
    >(X) button will occasionally pick up environment trash instead of looting a corpse or containers
    >QTE counterattack that triggers after dodging in melee combat isn't very well telegraphed; you'll occasionally press something before the animation starts and it'll result in you 'failing' the QTE
    >very occasional sound stuttering (three brief instances in 20 hours)
    >one instance of hang time (game froze and appeared to crash for 8-10 seconds before resuming)

9/10, if it were a true exclusive and not timed it'd be the XBONE's first real system seller. I fully intend to play through it again when it releases on PC next year.

Also it's better than Fallout 4.
  89. Dec 3, 2015
    A wonderful scenario and graphics, a thrilling history with very nice villains and an epic finale. The world is huge and with lots of well developed side missions. Plus, the combat could have some improvement, but it's good and challenging.
    This entry to the franchise keeps the "novelty" sense of the reboot, but also has much more of the old "Tomb Raider" felling, with a strong main character addressing several tombs and looking for old-time relics by compulsion and stubbornness. Even so, we get to see a new depth to Lara's character.
    There's also a "challenge" mode that gives a lot of replay value and will make you keep playing the game forever, much better than the multiplayer attempt of the previous entry.
  90. Dec 29, 2015
    I'm glad i finally got around to playing this game! Far better than the first, which was very good itself. Is it Naughty Dog/Uncharted level? Not yet, but I'm real excited to see what they do with the next entry in the series now. Played it on Survival difficulty, wasn't really that hard, but the game was long enough to feel like I didnt waste my money.
  91. Jan 17, 2016
    First game where getting XB1 make sense. Until now XB1 exclusives was really bad. OK, Tomb raider coming soon to other platforms, so not really exclusive but this one was really fun to play. If you liked last instance, this one is twice better. Better gameplay, better puzzles, not too easy, not too hard! A MUST PLAY GAME!!!
  92. Dec 24, 2015
    By far my favorite Tomb Raider game. I feel that the changes in this game are all for the better. My favorite part of this game is the character development and level designs. I hope the developers will make more games like this.
  93. Jan 9, 2016
    After beating Rise of the Tomb Raider I gave it some time before I wrote up its review, to try and think of negative things about the game. There was a overwhelming amount of positive and was questioning if this game deserved one of my rare 10/10 reviews.
    It does deserve it. Story was branched off the first game and played into everything you experience, from Lara's video recordings or her still mentally afflicted by what happened. The whole quest of Rise of the Tomb Raider was a pleasant adventure.
    Graphics were stunning, movie quality from the cinematic to the actually gameplay. Mechanics and controls worked well, only a few times did something go wrong but it was mostly my fault. Overall this game was a perfect Tomb Raider game and cant wait for the next one to come out.
    Only negative thing I can think of; You didn't have dual pistols like Lara used at the end of the first game.
  94. Apr 19, 2016
    I.C.R.E.D.I.B.L.E Game.

Extensive maps, tons of customizing, skills, weapons, clothing, music, secrets...the best reboot ever for a great franchise. The gameplay has very responsive controls for Lara, but the enemy A.I. lacks a bit. The cinematics and dubbing are great, spanish fro Latinamerica was outstanding. Every gamer should play this game, either on PC or wait forever for
    I.C.R.E.D.I.B.L.E Game.

The cinematics and dubbing are great, spanish fro Latinamerica was outstanding.

Every gamer should play this game, either on PC or wait forever for the PS4 version.
  95. Jul 5, 2016
    Wow...this was actually very good. It started out rather slow and tedious, but picked up after the first three hours. The graphics are some of the best I've seen this generation, and the game play is refined with new mechanics. The game's maps are even bigger than before. Unfortunately, it's a 2 steps forward and 2 steps back kind of situation with this game as the story and setting areWow...this was actually very good. It started out rather slow and tedious, but picked up after the first three hours. The graphics are some of the best I've seen this generation, and the game play is refined with new mechanics. The game's maps are even bigger than before. Unfortunately, it's a 2 steps forward and 2 steps back kind of situation with this game as the story and setting are less interesting than the last game, but the gameplay and exploration is much improved. Hopefully, next time they will get everything right. Expand
  96. Jan 1, 2016
    I was very surprised by how awesome the 2013 Tomb Raider reboot was, so I was very excited to get my hands on this new game and I must say that I was not disappointed. What Crystal Dynamics did with Rise of the Tomb Raider was create a large, beautiful world with great gameplay and extremely fun exploration. There's also a very rich story if you take the time to read/listen to all theI was very surprised by how awesome the 2013 Tomb Raider reboot was, so I was very excited to get my hands on this new game and I must say that I was not disappointed. What Crystal Dynamics did with Rise of the Tomb Raider was create a large, beautiful world with great gameplay and extremely fun exploration. There's also a very rich story if you take the time to read/listen to all the historical documents and artifacts you find. If you want a cinematic game with great gameplay and intriguing puzzles then there's no reason why you shouldn't pick up this game. Expand
  97. Dec 1, 2015
    This review is Poligh language! [PL]
    Gra jest naprawdę świetna!
    Wygląda bardzo dobrze, działa płynnie - chociaż czasami potrafi się zakrztusić, kiedy na ekranie dzieje się za dużo
    Jeśli chodzi o rozgrywkę, to jest ona dobra. Nic dodać nic ująć.
    Jak dla mnie najlepszy Tomb Raider.
  98. Dec 28, 2015
    as this is my first review ever on this site and my first review of an xbox one game i got to say i am hitting the ground running with Rise of the Tomb Raider it is a visual master dynasty, the graphics and sound system work so beautifully to sell the beautiful environments to you, the art department definitely poured the heart and soul into this game and it shows. the game play is a lotas this is my first review ever on this site and my first review of an xbox one game i got to say i am hitting the ground running with Rise of the Tomb Raider it is a visual master dynasty, the graphics and sound system work so beautifully to sell the beautiful environments to you, the art department definitely poured the heart and soul into this game and it shows. the game play is a lot like the first tomb raider retaining many of its covering mechanics and other features, what this game also does right is it gives you incentive to play through the game and keep Lara alive as you grow attached to the characters through very dynamic and integrated cut scenes with both new and old characters, long story short if you enjoyed the first Tomb Raider then you will love this one. i recommend it to everyone you cannot go wrong here and that is why i give this game a 10/10 Expand
  99. Nov 16, 2015
    This is how there must be a sequel. There's plenty to discover in the game. Even though all the work as well as the 2013 section. No longer hated by many QTE .
  100. Nov 20, 2015
    TL:DR: Worth playing once, and that's about it.

First of all, let me say - I loved TR(2013). It was a great origin story, with an exciting mystery to uncover, good action and variety of environments. It was truly amazing to see Lara go from a naive girl to hardened adventurer. ROTR has none of those things. Sure, the graphics have improved, and the open areas are bigger. But the
    TL:DR: Worth playing once, and that's about it.

ROTR has none of those things. Sure, the graphics have improved, and the open areas are bigger. But the environments in the game are really boring, the story is lackluster, and the tomb challenges are incredibly simple. There's no 'rise' of anything in this game - it's the same Lara we saw at the end of TR, and now that she doesn't have to fight for survival (she's armed to the teeth and the enemies are actually scared of her), she's kind of... dull. She has none of Nathan Drake charisma, even Jolie's portrayal of Lara Croft was more engaging. She's not a 'powerful' woman, not a 'survivor', she's just some 20-30s woman who's really good at jumping and massacring tons of soldiers.

Still, the mechanics which made TR(2013) a success are there - the platforming is fun, combat is good and stealth is fun. However, having finished the game there's 0 reason to go back unless you are a completionist. I'm gonna trade it in tomorrow and preorder Uncharted 4.

1. CD-Action
    Jan 12, 2016
    It’s basically the same great game we’ve played before but prettier and even more enjoyable. Actually the Tomb Raider series never offered so much fun. [13/2015, p.32]
  2. Jan 9, 2016
    It is an enjoyable game, but if only Crystal Dynamics could have resolved its conflicts by focusing its attention on what Tomb Raider does best and cutting out anything that got in the way of that, it could have been something far more special.
  3. Jan 8, 2016
    A great experience that is let down by its voice acting and certain key junctures in the story when the developers just tell us so much that we can guess what's going to happen next. The good news is that these are few and far between and the spectacular final missions make up for everything.