Sniper Elite III Xbox One

6.6

1. Jul 1, 2014
    Merely a time pass:

When i first got this I was quite excited as being my first into the series, I had quite high expectations and sometimes those expectations were let down drastically. Graphics: Well it doesn't bother me, but being a next generation game, I was hoping for it to be a little more polished. Not saying that it looks bad or anything, but just saying it could look a
    Merely a time pass:

Graphics:
    Well it doesn't bother me, but being a next generation game, I was hoping for it to be a little more polished. Not saying that it looks bad or anything, but just saying it could look a little bit better. The character models looked fairly good, mainly the main protagonist. Although I do wish they put a little more effort into the enemy AI character models.

Gameplay:
    The gameplay is quite good as you sneak around trying to slowly neutralize enemies, and getting that 'oh I'm a total badass vibe'. it does get repetitive sadly, Sure its fun to disable a piece of machinery while it provides a loud noise to mask your sniper shots, and the x-ray kills do get old after you've seen them all.
    The moments where things get heavy is quite hard, the aiming of normal machine guns to pistols is really hard and not even accurate so that really makes things hard when you need to get out of a situation quickly.

Sound:
    This part of the game was done well, from bullet sounds to skulls crushing from the bullet penetrating it, all sounded great, even the voice acting was top notch. Even though the main character sounded like Sam Fisher.

Story:
    To be quite honest I didn't pay that much attention to this, because it is really not that deep or even interesting. If you are looking for a total story driven game, like Infamous or The Last Of Us then skip this, but if you're in the mood for a stealthy sniper game this is it.
    Just enjoy the gameplay and let go of everything else.

Finally I think this game is rent if you can and if you're hard up for something till the major releases its not all that bad, you have a lot of trophies or achievements to collect, collectables, side missions etc. Its a beefy game with lots to do and many ways to do so.
  2. Jul 6, 2014
    Having played the previous Sniper Elite I was looking forward to this one. It did feel an improvement with better environments but I felt the novelty of the kill cam had gone for me. I actually turned it off after about an hour of campaign play so I could enjoy the hilarious rag doll physics in the game. One time I watched for about a minute as one dead soldier spun around an area as ifHaving played the previous Sniper Elite I was looking forward to this one. It did feel an improvement with better environments but I felt the novelty of the kill cam had gone for me. I actually turned it off after about an hour of campaign play so I could enjoy the hilarious rag doll physics in the game. One time I watched for about a minute as one dead soldier spun around an area as if attached to some huge invisible ball after I destroyed the anti-AA gun next to him, or when I picked up a dead Nazi and put his body down in a corner and watched as his body shook violently and moved up the wall for a few seconds dropping to the floor in spasms. Oh and that brings me to the sounds, which in general is good but completely ruined by the voices that have no sense of distance. A nazi can shout at you and it feels like hes standing next to you but in fact hes about 40 feet away. The campaign was quite tedious, nothing really different from the previous games just new graphics, which by battlefield 4 standards is looking a tad dated already. Also on occasions I had to repeat tasks because I hadnt waited for the correct point to shoot the target, but they dont really explain it that well. I played it on above normal and completed it in around 6-7 hours. It really felt like this game shouldve held off for release until Christmas. They couldve ironed out the bugs, which there are plenty, and improved the campaign. Multiplayer is quite good fun, but the awkward close combat fighting makes it frustrating.
    Its a shame , overall i wanted to enjoy it more but it felt like a step backwards to Sniper Elite II, not forwards with so many issues.
  3. Jul 12, 2014
    Its a fun game and despite what some reviewers are saying you should play it if sniping and slow-mo kills are your thing but I would suggest buying it on sale or buying it full price, then trade it in quickly because it doesn't have much replay value even with multiplayer.
  4. Sep 6, 2014
    Overall the game feels very boring, its full of glitches and the missions are such a drag, the graphics are below average and very often textures take along time to load and when they do load they look rubbish which is unacceptable. Twice i have had 2 glitches that have meant i had to restart the whole level, one being where i just kept falling off the side of a cliff, and the next one isOverall the game feels very boring, its full of glitches and the missions are such a drag, the graphics are below average and very often textures take along time to load and when they do load they look rubbish which is unacceptable. Twice i have had 2 glitches that have meant i had to restart the whole level, one being where i just kept falling off the side of a cliff, and the next one is the mission where you have to take out the officers, but everytime the officer arrived he ended up just running off for no reason. 5/10 Expand
  5. Aug 16, 2014
    Sniper Elite 3 is a solid game that is sadly hampered by many bugs and inconsistent A.I. First off the visuals are great in the game and although not mind blowing, there is great lighting effects and no hiccups in frame-rate. The game play is pretty fun and the kill cams are as gruesome as ever and offer some crazy moments. the level design is a lot better then in V2 with bigger, more nonSniper Elite 3 is a solid game that is sadly hampered by many bugs and inconsistent A.I. First off the visuals are great in the game and although not mind blowing, there is great lighting effects and no hiccups in frame-rate. The game play is pretty fun and the kill cams are as gruesome as ever and offer some crazy moments. the level design is a lot better then in V2 with bigger, more non linear map design with many ways of approaching a level, i found that when replaying missions i discovered other ways of infiltrating areas and completing objectives. Now the A.I is inconsistent at best, there are moments when they do things that make sense but then more often then not you can manipulate them because of how silly they can be. The replay-ability is pretty good with the sniper nests, war diaries, and cards to collect it'll make you want to repeat missions to collect everything. unfortunately there is a lot of bugs and glitches that ruin the experience sometimes. Expand
  6. Jul 4, 2014
    First of all I would like to take this opportunity to advise you all that this really isn't a great game. I can only imagine IGN review of 8.2 is purely down to the fact that there really isn't much out there at the moment.

The Campaign is very tedious and boring, you may think that X-ray Kill cam should keep you entertained, but after a while you find yourself skipping the cut scene. Further to this, every mission / level feels the same, for example the environment rarely changes, objectives like destroy artillery etc...

Graphics are good but not mind blowing, story is pointless and again find yourself just skipping as it's almost impossible to have any connection with your character.

Gameplay is probably one of the worst I have seen in a game since surprise surprise Shellshock which again was made by Rebellion, not quite as bad but still very clunky and contains many glitches.

CO-OP! Let me tell you the reason I purchased this game was for this reason only. its rare that you get any co-op games on next gen at the moment....BUT the problem is, this mode is completely broken.

Me and my friend tried connecting several times only to be advised by a message stating connection to the lobby has timed out! This is incredibly annoying but hopefully they can fix this issue.

The game does have some potential, I like the fact Rebellion have listened to the fans and added customisation to your gun etc. but for me it's just not enough and a disappointment.

I want to like this game, as my favourite genre is ACTION / SHOOTER but I am afraid it's just an average game with many problems and cut corners.

I give this game a 5 out of 10

F4MOU5
  7. Jul 12, 2014
    its a good game if you have the patience to crouching around the place for 5 mins killing 2 men. but it does have a lot of action in the opening missions and the mid missions
  8. Mar 21, 2015
    This game is outstanding to play, if you love sniping. Every kill that you get feels satisfying.

PROS
    -Fun gameplay
    -Good controls
    -Plenty to explore

CONS
    -Hard and long levels
    -boring story
  9. Feb 19, 2015
    Sniper elite. I was sceptical coming into this, which is why I waited almost a year to play it. Was not sure that the more open world aspect of the game would work. But it does.
    The story of this game is mediocre at best, it's your typical war game story wise, but in the eyes of a sniper. I feel the maps aren't as good as in Sniper Elite V2. Though that may be because it's less linear and had less time to set up these amazing spots. The sniper nests are nice and they really help to immerse you as a sniper.
    This is a relatively easy game, but only if you play stealthy, if you don't take your time, you will die, a lot.
    The problem for me was the awful checkpoints, at one point I was ready to give up as I was put back by over half an hour due to some absolutely awful checkpoints.
    The X-Ray animations are amazing, they really save this game, it's always satisfying to pull off some amazing shot from long range and have someones testicles pop. But it does get old by the time you finish the game.
  10. May 22, 2016
    I picked this game up about six months or so after it came out. Considering that there isn't many WWII shooter games nowadays, I did appreciate the change of pace from all the futuristic bs that game developers are trying to push. Please note that my review is focusing on the single player aspect of the game only. First the good. The biggest thing that this game has going for it whenI picked this game up about six months or so after it came out. Considering that there isn't many WWII shooter games nowadays, I did appreciate the change of pace from all the futuristic bs that game developers are trying to push. Please note that my review is focusing on the single player aspect of the game only. First the good. The biggest thing that this game has going for it when compared to other shooters is the x-ray kill cam. I had played Sniper Elite V2, so I was already familiar with this aspect. Even so, there was more detail. Another thing I enjoyed was the setting of the game in Africa, as it's an aspect of the war that hasn't been covered in great detail in other games. Finally, the more open-ended mission structure was a nice change from the do this do that linear pattern of V2. Moving on to the cons. The first is that the game is very short. I can't say positively, but I think there's 8-9 missions. Depending how you approach the missions, it can take anywhere from an hour to as many as 3 hours. The price point is the other big issue. When the game was initially released, the MSRP was around $50. I would recommend anyone buying this game try to get it for $15-$20. In all this game was an improvement over V2, but I would like to see more content in future titles. Expand
  11. Jul 6, 2014

1. Oct 21, 2014
    Sniper Elite 3 is an average game. The sneaking around, hiding, scouting and tactical aspects are very enjoyable. But it gets repetitive pretty fast, especially when the actual gameplay and the enemies don't really change.
  2. X-ONE Magazine UK
    Aug 18, 2014
    If you live for the glory of the kill, Sniper Elite III is the game for you, just don't expect it to be routinely enjoyable. It can get a bit heavy. [Issue#114, p.72]
  3. Aug 15, 2014
    Sniper Elite III continues to evolve the series and it’s evident that Rebellion have attempted to open up the franchise, offering more freedom. Unfortunately this comes at the cost of a pure sniping experience – something most will be looking for, given the title.