7.5

1. Jan 24, 2011
    Potential. That's definently the best word to describe this game. Unfortunately it doesn't reach it's fullest. The story is definently awesome, and might just be enough to hold you over for dealing with the games annoying flaws. The framerate gets to be seriously annoying at some points in the game, and the action could of been handled better, mostly the targeting system. It was a good tryPotential. That's definently the best word to describe this game. Unfortunately it doesn't reach it's fullest. The story is definently awesome, and might just be enough to hold you over for dealing with the games annoying flaws. The framerate gets to be seriously annoying at some points in the game, and the action could of been handled better, mostly the targeting system. It was a good try at something new, but ultimately didn't have enough polish. It feels as though the developers were super rushed or something and put out an unfinished game. Alot of the mechanics are just too buggy. I think if they had given the game another six months or so for fine tuning, it could of been in the top 20 games of all time for sure. As I said, the story and what grahics you are allowed to perceive without framerate issues are the best things about the game. If you're a sci-fi junkie like myself, you might be able to muddle through the game just to enjoy the story. The game definently sets it up like this is going to be the first chapter in a trilogy, or maybe a big series of games. I know I would of been chomping at the bit for them to come out with a sequel with more spit and polish. Who knows, maybe they wil some day. As it stands, all I'll say is the one word I stared my review with. Potential. Expand

1. Glyphyx bit off a little more than it could chew, as the bugs and hiccups show. Still, the developer dishes out a thrilling tale with varied gameplay that will keep you immersed through the end.
  2. If technical difficulties like a choppy framerate and a maddening enemy targeting system didn't get in the way, this would be one of the year's best games. As it stands, however, it's a darn good one.
  3. An impressive title and the involving storyline means that before too long you're playing it well into the night and forgetting to eat, work, or even make it to the bathroom.