4.7

1. WilliamP.
    Dec 2, 2005
    I was up playing this game untill i could not play any more, and then playd some more. The A.I is a major improvement from all the other Call Of Duty's. Great game, worth every penny.
  2. NateC.
    Feb 25, 2006
    I am a huge World War II guy. I study everything from the weapons to the battles. When I first popped this game in I was blown away. The intensity of the combat was well done. The sound was great from the music to the planes getting shot down. The characters were the greatest part overall along with the historical accuracy. The graphics are superb especially the gun models. And last but I am a huge World War II guy. I study everything from the weapons to the battles. When I first popped this game in I was blown away. The intensity of the combat was well done. The sound was great from the music to the planes getting shot down. The characters were the greatest part overall along with the historical accuracy. The graphics are superb especially the gun models. And last but not least, you can turn of the crosshair and thats just cool. Expand
  3. Rick
    Mar 2, 2006
    Ho hum! How terrible is the A.I - on a number of occassions the enemy was right infront of me. I was facing the wrong direction, they had the jump on me and they started shooting at my team instead. It does improve as the levels progress but not by much. They are lemmings. Such a shame it didnt have the same A.I. which I enjoyed in the first Call of Duty which at least had some challenge Ho hum! How terrible is the A.I - on a number of occassions the enemy was right infront of me. I was facing the wrong direction, they had the jump on me and they started shooting at my team instead. It does improve as the levels progress but not by much. They are lemmings. Such a shame it didnt have the same A.I. which I enjoyed in the first Call of Duty which at least had some challenge in its gameplay. Infact the first one poops all over this. The cinematic environment is nice but the game is too easy to be considered worthy of anything above a 6. Expand
  4. JimM.
    Nov 7, 2005
    I haven't started to play the single player missions yet, but the multiplayer is an improvement over Call of Duty 1. Lots of great weapons, most maps are good, gameplay is more exciting. Controls are a little "sloppy" compared the the first COD, but hang in there and you'll get used to them. All the weapons have a lot more recoil which makes full auto fire much harder to control.
  5. Pete
    Apr 21, 2006
    Probably the least enjoyable WW2 FPS i have played on the XBOX. Not a patch on the first one I'm afraid. Why did Activision switch there programmers?!? Jerky controls and poor graphics reminiscent of early PS2 games. There's a complete lack of emotion and not once did I find myself drawn into the story. Playable, but by no means loveable.
  6. Rem
    Jul 11, 2013
    Call of Duty 2: BRO is more of the same, but that's easy to forgive when there is so much to enjoy. The characters are interesting, and while it is not as epic in scale compared to Call of Duty 2, it manages to feel fresh despite of it. The guns in here are standard WW2 affair mixed in with vehicle sections, but it feels powerful and it truly makes you feel as if progress is being made.Call of Duty 2: BRO is more of the same, but that's easy to forgive when there is so much to enjoy. The characters are interesting, and while it is not as epic in scale compared to Call of Duty 2, it manages to feel fresh despite of it. The guns in here are standard WW2 affair mixed in with vehicle sections, but it feels powerful and it truly makes you feel as if progress is being made. The witty banter between your squadmates are entertaining and they bond well through the 6-hour campaign. Once that's over, there is the multiplayer which we have seen from Call of Duty 2 before. I enjoyed it for the most part. In the end, this game sets out to be nothing more than another appetizer for the expanding WW2 library. It manages to be one of the better ones though and that's an admirable achievement. Expand

1. It's a fine, fine shooter, capturing a micro scale in a macro story, with a remarkable capacity for maintaining alert attention.
  2. The lack of freedom, the highly structured levels, the checkpoint to checkpoint style of play and the inability to manipulate teammates or the world around you makes you feel that you are playing in a garden wholly owned by someone else; and no, you're not allowed to walk on the grass! Just as a roller coaster does, this game offers.
  3. With the FPS genre and WWII setting being done to death on the Xbox, Activision's new shooter offers some variety in the gameplay, but falls short due to its sloppy shooting mechanics.