Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO Xbox

• Release Date: Feb 11, 2003
8.7

1. Uter
    Dec 25, 2003
    It's a decent fighting game, but has been recycled for over a decade now with minimal improvement. Really.. how much better is this game than the original Street Fighter 2? the answer is that it isn't.
  2. KyoK.
    Jul 30, 2003
    I've always liked fighting games but this game kicks ass! Because its a crossover game and besides I'm in it! HA HA HA!
  3. JamesC.
    Mar 15, 2003
    It's a fabulous game! I'm very happy to have bought it. However, the bosses (S.Akuma & U.Rugal) were simply too simple. I was disappointed. I mean, the semi~boss gave me more trouble than them. Oh well. It's definitely going to be a game that I keep dusted off. It's awesome because I can relive my SNES days which I thought were long forgotten. Thanks, Capcom.
  4. JohnP.
    Mar 9, 2003
    My not be up there technically, but the online play makes up for it.
  5. AceM.
    Mar 1, 2003
    I like this game a lot. The online play is wonderful i havent experienced very much lag from the time i bought the game. And if you complain about the characters... i think it looks nice to have them look the same as they always have it really gives you the arcade feel my only complaint would be morrigan, her outline is bolder than every other character in the game.
  6. MarioM.
    Feb 23, 2003
    The game is great people say the controllers are bad but, that is what controller figuration is 4. The graphics are great and the game will last a long time with over 44 characters to choose from.
  7. RyanK
    Feb 21, 2003
    I love this game..But i cant stand how bad the characters look. They could have at least done a better jobs with the outlines around them...damn.
  8. Macc
    Feb 13, 2003
    Great game, with a lot of characters, and excellent graphics to match. This game plays well online, with very slight lag, but what game don't you get lag on? Online is very fun, I have won all my games so far, is their anyone out there who can beat me?
  9. JamesV.
    Feb 12, 2003
    Sigh, wish I could tell you it was great. A few major issues here. First, the xbox dpad is rather imprecise for this game. Second, it took between a minute and 3 minutes before even finding another player on quick match, and considerably longer on filtered. Finally lag is an issue, not enought to ruin the game, but enough to throw your timing off every now and then. Pretty sad that Sigh, wish I could tell you it was great. A few major issues here. First, the xbox dpad is rather imprecise for this game. Second, it took between a minute and 3 minutes before even finding another player on quick match, and considerably longer on filtered. Finally lag is an issue, not enought to ruin the game, but enough to throw your timing off every now and then. Pretty sad that I'll be going back to my dreamcast version instead. Expand
  10. PhilF.
    Feb 12, 2003
    Really good game. Top notch gameplay and relativly good balance. Easy online operation and very rare lag, although the lag doesn't give any player an advantage the game just goes slow motion for a bit. Only two problems is that you can't map the L and R buttons to anything but HP and HK and if you press the button fully and then release it partially and press it fully again, as Really good game. Top notch gameplay and relativly good balance. Easy online operation and very rare lag, although the lag doesn't give any player an advantage the game just goes slow motion for a bit. Only two problems is that you can't map the L and R buttons to anything but HP and HK and if you press the button fully and then release it partially and press it fully again, as is common with fast combos, it doesn't register the second hit, although everything works great with my X-Arcade stick. Also, the graphics, while some are the sharpest out there, they really stand out against the fantastic backgrounds. Other than the button mapping problems, this game would have gotten a 10/10. Expand
  11. RobP.
    Feb 12, 2003
    Loads of fun, tons of characters, and online play make this game fun that never ends. Slight network lag gets old but is easy to look past while pulling off 20 hit combos.

#64 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2003

1. Xbox Nation Magazine
    Sadly, performance was spotty thanks to ever-depressing and intermittent network lag. [Feb/Mar 2003, p.83]
  2. The only thing that raises CVS2 up and above the likes of "Dead or Alive 3" or even "Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance" is its online element, and I'll only really recommend it until a beat 'em up developed within the last three years makes its mark on Xbox Live.
  3. There’s such a mind-boggling amount of options to choose from, that your head won’t stop spinning – 44 fighters (including 2 unlockables), 6 groove styles – with the option of making your own – and an incredibly ridiculous amount of moves to remember.