7.6

Apr 5, 2005
    Very good game!
  3. GooreW.
    Apr 5, 2005
    It is not horror anymore but a great atmospheric shooting game !
  4. JeffA.
    Jul 9, 2005
    Cold Fear is an excellent horror game. The atmosphere is amazing. You feel like you are on an abandoned Russian vessel infected with creatures. I have never witnessed a video game use the environment as well as Cold Fear does. The camera angles are designed that way on purpose. Do you really think that running around a dark, abandoned, rolling vessel getting slammed at sea is easy? Cold Fear is an excellent horror game. The atmosphere is amazing. You feel like you are on an abandoned Russian vessel infected with creatures. I have never witnessed a video game use the environment as well as Cold Fear does. The camera angles are designed that way on purpose. Do you really think that running around a dark, abandoned, rolling vessel getting slammed at sea is easy? Besides the camera angles are not as bad as people are saying they are. The game is very playable and a lot of fun. Expand
  5. KingXerxes
    Sep 20, 2007
    Absolutely great start to this game! - in a big storm at sea rockin' the tanker, the waves, the sea-spray, beautifully done, really excellent. The optional over-the shoulder view is so close to being FPS that there's no real difference. I'm impressed.
  6. MARIOQ.
    Mar 18, 2005
    The controls take a little time to adjust if you're used to using both thumbsticks and the combat keeps you on your toes making sure you have enough ammo and are aiming just right... it's difficult, but nonetheless a fun challenge, good graphics and interaction not a favorite but definatly worth playing through in your spare time.
  7. Nov 16, 2013
    i remember seeing these classics in my game books back in 2001 and 2 around there. my dad showed me this in game informer. He used to play it, and one day i said ima play this. and since that day, cold fear will never be forgotton by me. i still play it til this day almost 10 years since release.

1. In the same league as the disposable horror flicks that fill video shelves and late-night cable. It's not particularly frightening, but good atmosphere and short-lived twitch satisfaction is enough to sustain interest for a while.
  2. It's good quality and fans of the genre will definitely gain some enjoyment. While not quite as classic or exciting as Resident Evil, it measures up well and is worth a look for horror nuts.
  3. Taken in isolation, there's no denying Cold Fear's panache - RenderWare has rarely been used to such strong visual effect - and there is a fair helping of survival horror entertainment to be had here, it's just that you have to dig through several layers of frustration to get at it. [Apr 2005, p.96]