Colin McRae Rally 04 Xbox

8.1

1. Dec 3, 2014
    This is one of my favorite racing games, and no doubt one of the best games i played when i was younger.
    I hope there will come a game like this or a racing game that is innovative like this one does.
    Makes me want to play this again on the Original Xbox.
  2. JaceN.
    Dec 7, 2005
    Near impossible thanks to everything in sight being locked until youve progressed through the game. How am I supossed to beat the worlds best rally drivers...first time...on tracks they know like the backs of their hands...while I cant practice any? Add to that...cheats you have to PAY FOR...and a unique code system where your purchased cheats wont work for anyone ese...or theirs for Near impossible thanks to everything in sight being locked until youve progressed through the game. How am I supossed to beat the worlds best rally drivers...first time...on tracks they know like the backs of their hands...while I cant practice any? Add to that...cheats you have to PAY FOR...and a unique code system where your purchased cheats wont work for anyone ese...or theirs for you...and youve got one big, hard slap in the face. Collapse
  3. Uter
    Jun 18, 2004
    This would be an awesome game if Rallisport Challenge didn't exist. But with such stiff competition, it doesn't hold up all that well. Still, it's a great deal for 30$ cdn.
  4. JugsterJam
    Mar 22, 2004
    Stunning Graphics give Rally sport run for its Money.
  5. Wes
    Mar 5, 2004
    Certainly worth $20 ... but not much more.
  6. DanielL.
    Feb 15, 2004
    This game is excellent and makes the world of rally driving look like the place to be. codemasters have done a great job on the series.
  7. DanW.
    Jan 2, 2004
    Seems like every new CMR game is even less realistic than the last. Get this one only if you don't mind rally cars handling almost like the ones in Need For Speed. Still, a fun arcade racer with pretty graphics. If you played the last version, you might want to wait til the price drops, though as there's not much new stuff here.
  8. Richard
    Dec 16, 2003
    Much better that the third version, I found that the third version had a pole stuck through the bonnet, this version is full of stuff and since I didn't bother with 3, this has definitely made my day.
  9. VictorH.
    Dec 11, 2003
    Se sale.
  10. SteveE.
    Nov 28, 2003
    More of the same from the codemasters crew!
  11. Winniedapooh
    Oct 19, 2003
    Not bad except that all realism has gone out the window. the original mcrae was and still is the best, second to none.
  12. PaulT.
    Oct 9, 2003
    I honestly believe that the critics here have not looked at this game properly. This is the best rally game you can get - simple. I love Rallisport but if you want realism and just as much fun get this. This is an awesome game and a must for any racing simulator fan.
  13. SimRacingLover
    Sep 29, 2003
    Just an aclaration. This is not a SIMULATION. It just an arcade game.
    Sep 26, 2003
    Cool game going back to Colin McRae style which was the best easy to learn to be up there with the best enjoy.

#34 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2004

1. Car handling and physics are spot-on, and real-time damage has been enhanced to the point where you wince every time you hit a rock or other obstacle, as the dents and dings rack up.
  2. Edge Magazine
    Another excellent outing for Codemasters' rally team, but one that has possibly taken the series to its structural - and commercial - limits. [Nov 2003, p.104]
  3. Possibly the wisest tweak is the balancing of the gameplay, which with a bit of practice ought to see players able to compete with Colin and co. within the matter of an hour or so. Previously the barriers to entry seemed to be set inexplicably high.