8.2

1. Dec 9, 2012
    (This is a post review past the time XBL has expired, so I will leave that out and rate it based on how much you can pick this game up for, I also have not completed the game as the disc will not let me continue the game, (more on that later))

I played a few levels of the N64 game, Conker's Bad Fur Day, I bought the game because I got it for a good price considering how much it went for
    on Ebay (around 60 USD) I picked it for about 50 and it was good, really enjoyable in some areas but I could see some age in it.

Conker: Live & Reloaded still has some of that lingering "age" in it, certain parts of the game may require a quick look at a walkthrough online as it might not be clear what to do at some parts or where to go for certain objectives. The gameplay is pretty good, and the humor is great, The main thing about this at the time of release was the Multiplayer (and by the way, there is no original multiplayer from the n64 game if you were interested) but the singleplayer included a whole new chapter that featured Normandy style battles mixed with sci fi. There are some huge complaints about the controls, let me explain: you use a melee weapon for most of a game, now rather then just pressing a button to swing, you instead need to pull it out and go into a mode where you strafe, let's call it "Strafe Mode", when your in this strafe mode you use the trigger to attack and you attack more frequently then you could in the original game, you also can't turn around, you are locked into a strafing mode. There are also more enemies this time around, so it can work to some extent, but I hear later on you get a gun so it might change, also when I tried offline live and reloaded, you know what button jumps? Clicking the stick... Enough said. But the part I really didn't like, was when you would jump into a deep body of water, the camera just freaks out, it's really terrible trying to move around right in water. The reason why I haven't beaten the game is that when I got past the caveman/bar area, I got to this point where I needed to race these caveman who stole my money, well I get on the board and I could loop around the track forever but the cavemen-racers won't spawn. The graphics in this game are amazing, everything looks beautiful, it's fun to play out the story and see what jokes are coming next tied in with some good platforming. To recap: questionable controls, frustrating level design moments, great humor, hours of campaign, fantastic visuals. Today you can pick up Live for about 35 USD average on EBay. It's worth it but bear in mind that the Xbox 360 has freezing issues with this game (there's a list of problems certain xbox games have when ran on a 360) when I tried this on xbox 360, it froze within the first minute, I just went out and bought an original xbox. Unless your gonna get an xbox to play a bunch of originals along with this game, don't buy an xbox over this game, test to see how often the game might freeze and decide whether you want to put up with it or not.

1. The multiplayer side of Conker: Live & Reloaded has really impressed me. I didn't think that I could have been taken in with this type of third person action, but I'm hooked and addicted, just like I am to the single player.
  2. Rating such a schizophrenic beast is tough. But one thing's for sure: If you're in the mood for a retro-styled, light-hearted platform game, you'll love Conker. Equally, if you're looking for high-adrenaline Xbox Live thrills, it'll be right up your street.
  3. As a complete game package Conker: Live & Reloaded is tremendously good value. Significantly, it also shows a company finally back on form. [Aug 2005, p.93]