8.3

1. Dec 9, 2012
    (This is a post review past the time XBL has expired, so I will leave that out and rate it based on how much you can pick this game up for, I also have not completed the game as the disc will not let me continue the game, (more on that later))

I played a few levels of the N64 game, Conker's Bad Fur Day, I bought the game because I got it for a good price considering how much it went for on Ebay (around 60 USD) I picked it for about 50 and it was good, really enjoyable in some areas but I could see some age in it.

Conker: Live & Reloaded still has some of that lingering "age" in it, certain parts of the game may require a quick look at a walkthrough online as it might not be clear what to do at some parts or where to go for certain objectives. The gameplay is pretty good, and the humor is great, The main thing about this at the time of release was the Multiplayer (and by the way, there is no original multiplayer from the n64 game if you were interested) but the singleplayer included a whole new chapter that featured Normandy style battles mixed with sci fi. There are some huge complaints about the controls, let me explain: you use a melee weapon for most of a game, now rather then just pressing a button to swing, you instead need to pull it out and go into a mode where you strafe, let's call it "Strafe Mode", when your in this strafe mode you use the trigger to attack and you attack more frequently then you could in the original game, you also can't turn around, you are locked into a strafing mode. There are also more enemies this time around, so it can work to some extent, but I hear later on you get a gun so it might change, also when I tried offline live and reloaded, you know what button jumps? Clicking the stick... Enough said. But the part I really didn't like, was when you would jump into a deep body of water, the camera just freaks out, it's really terrible trying to move around right in water. The reason why I haven't beaten the game is that when I got past the caveman/bar area, I got to this point where I needed to race these caveman who stole my money, well I get on the board and I could loop around the track forever but the cavemen-racers won't spawn. The graphics in this game are amazing, everything looks beautiful, it's fun to play out the story and see what jokes are coming next tied in with some good platforming. To recap: questionable controls, frustrating level design moments, great humor, hours of campaign, fantastic visuals. Today you can pick up Live for about 35 USD average on EBay. It's worth it but bear in mind that the Xbox 360 has freezing issues with this game (there's a list of problems certain xbox games have when ran on a 360) when I tried this on xbox 360, it froze within the first minute, I just went out and bought an original xbox. Unless your gonna get an xbox to play a bunch of originals along with this game, don't buy an xbox over this game, test to see how often the game might freeze and decide whether you want to put up with it or not.
  2. FPSMaster
    Jun 18, 2005
    Ok IGN. So Conker's SP is a 9.0 while it's MP is a 7.0, so it gets an 8.1? Well, how about explaining to me how Halo 2 got a 9.6 when it's SP is a 7.0 at best and the MP is maybe a 9.5 at best? It's the same thing, jus with the scores inverted yet you give the overrated game a higher score than the better game. Unreliable, uncredible and unrealistic is IGN. Why Ok IGN. So Conker's SP is a 9.0 while it's MP is a 7.0, so it gets an 8.1? Well, how about explaining to me how Halo 2 got a 9.6 when it's SP is a 7.0 at best and the MP is maybe a 9.5 at best? It's the same thing, jus with the scores inverted yet you give the overrated game a higher score than the better game. Unreliable, uncredible and unrealistic is IGN. Why don't you just come out and say you don't like Xbox games? But, at the same time, you give overrated games like GTASA on PS2 a 9.9, but when the better version comes to Xbox, it get's a 9.6. How about GT4 getting the same score as Forza when Forza is easily the better all-around choice. Or, DMC3 and God of War using Ninja Gaiden as a stool and them getting better reviews, when they still don't touch Ninja Gaiden. IGN's PS2 and Sony fanboyism has finally been revealed to the world with the Conker review, and I hope they become as hated as Gamespot for their Sony fanboyism. Collapse
  3. JohnM.
    Dec 26, 2007
    Easily the highlight of the xboxs life, admittidly the xbox live is a little frustrating at this time (the community that still plays it, are amazingly good) and the singleplayer brilliant platforming action, amazing british humour that some yanks may not understand over all, at the price you can find it at today, its not without its flaws and it has a reasonable lenght (about 10 hours on Easily the highlight of the xboxs life, admittidly the xbox live is a little frustrating at this time (the community that still plays it, are amazingly good) and the singleplayer brilliant platforming action, amazing british humour that some yanks may not understand over all, at the price you can find it at today, its not without its flaws and it has a reasonable lenght (about 10 hours on the first playthrough if you dont cheat and 6 when you know it all off by heart) easily replayable, ignore the lower end reviews, theyre just not used to britcom and good platforming games, they dont know what theyre talking about, i player maerio 64 me ;) just buy good ol' conker in a bargain bin, he's well worth the price. Expand
  4. TylerT.
    Jun 28, 2005
    An awesome game, it improves over Conker's Bad Fur Day in every way.
  5. Waldo
    Jun 15, 2005
    Great storyline in singleplayer and the addition of a real mutiplayer-mode for l!ve rocks this game and makes it worth the price of admission. Buy it.
  6. JuanPabloPerezT.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Fantastic game. The magic of RARE productions finally in the Xbox console.
  7. TrentM.
    Jul 5, 2005
    Best online game to date, loads of excitement, good to know theres some different out there then Halo.
  8. MatU.
    Aug 15, 2005
    James P. you named all the best parts of the game and said they sucked and for up 2 ten this scale should soar way over 100 because it improved Bad Fur Day in every place it needed improving upon and then some. This is one game I will nevr sell or trade and everyone else should have the same oppinion. tediz rule.
  9. MichaelK.
    Oct 2, 2006
    See if your like me... and you weren't old enuff to ever experience BFD on the N64 then u will absolutly love this game. Heck even played the original the multiplayer is fantastic. Over all a fantastic game.
  10. Luis.
    Jun 17, 2005
    Very good
  11. KyleM.
    Jun 19, 2005
    I got an early copy from my friend who works at Gamestop, this game is tight, bloody, hilarous, and naughty, both online and off.
  12. AdamR.
    Jun 21, 2005
    This is one of the best games i have ever played for xbox.
  13. WillS.
    Jun 23, 2005
    Underrated, a very fresh game to those who havnt experienced furday. this game lives up to the hype.
  14. Rick
    Mar 2, 2006
    I must say Eurogamer and GamesTm reviewers have their head up their ***! If you've played this game then you'd understand the reference. I say that as ive seen a number of their posts and they trash everything as if they are some sort of elitist.It doesnt make me think woaah they are a tough crew, rather a tossing crew. Now to the game. The humour is outstanding, the story I must say Eurogamer and GamesTm reviewers have their head up their ***! If you've played this game then you'd understand the reference. I say that as ive seen a number of their posts and they trash everything as if they are some sort of elitist.It doesnt make me think woaah they are a tough crew, rather a tossing crew. Now to the game. The humour is outstanding, the story engrossing, the puzzle elements nicely done and the best thing is the game shifts into another gear halfway through with the aquisition of guns!! Poor little Conker didnt ask for all this he was just having a bad day. Don't miss this game, don't baulk at the challenges. If ya get stuck search online for a walkthru or use ya noggin. One heck of an adventure which is surely lacking on the Xbox. I will play this again in a couple of years so the old memory doesnt hamper what is a refreshing, funny, interesting, and extremely well thought out game. A must own game. Expand
  15. PigS.
    Nov 7, 2007
    Really a awsome game. I LOVE the detail and work that went into the characters and story. when i finished i felt like i had really been through some real stuff. At the end i felt very sad. its amazing that a game as silly like that can get so serious so quick. When conker was sad at the end cause he was king and giving that speach i thought of all the crap i had been through and reallized Really a awsome game. I LOVE the detail and work that went into the characters and story. when i finished i felt like i had really been through some real stuff. At the end i felt very sad. its amazing that a game as silly like that can get so serious so quick. When conker was sad at the end cause he was king and giving that speach i thought of all the crap i had been through and reallized that its a really powerful game. Kills everything but hl2 and fable. Expand
  16. BlueFalcon
    Jun 22, 2005
    This is the 1st good Rare game of this console generation. It's about freaking time. My only real complaints are with the multiplayer and loading. They really should have included 4 player split screen like the original had. And there's a lot of watching of load screens (fortunately they're usually short). Overall it's a great game.

1. The multiplayer side of Conker: Live & Reloaded has really impressed me. I didn't think that I could have been taken in with this type of third person action, but I'm hooked and addicted, just like I am to the single player.
  2. Rating such a schizophrenic beast is tough. But one thing's for sure: If you're in the mood for a retro-styled, light-hearted platform game, you'll love Conker. Equally, if you're looking for high-adrenaline Xbox Live thrills, it'll be right up your street.
  3. As a complete game package Conker: Live & Reloaded is tremendously good value. Significantly, it also shows a company finally back on form. [Aug 2005, p.93]