Counter-Strike Xbox

7.6

1. DavidB.
    Jan 7, 2004
    This is the first "military" game that I didn't enjoy. With all the other options out there - I wouldn't bother with this one at all. The graphics were just not up to par and the whole game play suffered. I admit though that I did not try online which everyone is raving about... but with Ghost Recon - who cares? ;-)
  2. J.Stone
    Nov 26, 2003
    This game is sub-par for Xbox. I find no evidance of any graphical updates. This game plays like a multi player Doom. Yes, it feels that out dated. If it was selling for 29.99 (like the stand alone PC version is) I'd say buy it for quick Live play (because there is no single player game per-say) But being this game is $50... use that money to buy the best... Rainbow Six 3
  3. RichN.
    Dec 1, 2003
    Actually, I think "Michael C." was generous with the 3/10 rating. This version offers nothing that wasn't done in the PC version, which was overrated and bland to begin with. It doesn't have a solid single-player game, and the graphics are incredibly dated. LAN junkies and online gamers will enjoy it to an extent, but those looking for something truly incredible will go buy Actually, I think "Michael C." was generous with the 3/10 rating. This version offers nothing that wasn't done in the PC version, which was overrated and bland to begin with. It doesn't have a solid single-player game, and the graphics are incredibly dated. LAN junkies and online gamers will enjoy it to an extent, but those looking for something truly incredible will go buy Rainbow Six 3. Expand
  4. MichaelR.
    Sep 5, 2004
    Jesus, this game is horrible. I've never played the PC version, but if it is anything like this then Valve must have sold their souls to the devil for it to become as popular as it did. It's ugly, it's boring, and a total waste of money. I'm not a big fan of RS3 either due to some questionable hit detection, but even so, it was a helluva lot more enjoyable than this.
  5. MichaelC.
    Nov 23, 2003
    So, I know I'm in the minority here, but I really hated this game. Simply put, everything this game does, Rainbow Six 3 does WAY BETTER. And the graphics are way below average. Seriously, save yourself the 50 bucks.
  6. TomB.
    Oct 11, 2007
    This Game stinks really bad, bad graphics and the gameplay is boring.

#11 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2003
#3 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2003

1. Weekly Famitsu
    7 / 7 / 8 / 8 - 30 silver [Vol 798; 2 Apr 2004]
  2. Edge Magazine
    Thankfully, the conversion from keyboard and mouse to pad has been made with rare judgement - movement is smooth and aiming is easy. The classic gameplay has made the transition too, and is as rewarding as ever. [Jan 2004, p.110]
  3. Xbox Nation Magazine
    An official disappointment on Xbox, yet the game's undying popularity defies critical analysis. [Mar 2004, p.78]