Counter-Strike Xbox

7.7

1. TonayB.
    Sep 11, 2006
    I think the PC version is excellent and well deserving of a 10 however the XBox version could have been so much better. XBox is the most powerful console on the market and these graphics just straigt up blow. If you have a PC pick up that version over the XBox however it is still a fun game regardless but deffinatly not up to par with the PC version that came out 4 years before it
  2. Exanimo-NLD-
    Nov 23, 2003
    No splitscreen :( The rest looks good enough to play now and then.
  3. WilleN.
    Nov 25, 2003
    This game is good but you just do the same thing over and over again and again.That is just what makes this game not a good score.
  4. Uter
    Nov 26, 2003
    There's NO 4 Player Split Screen!!! That's so stupid. It's a great game, but is best used as a coaster for your drink if you don't have Xbox Live. As it is, if you have 2 xboxes and 2 tvs, with a lan setup all you can do is player 2 player. It's not worth all that trouble to play just 2 player offline.
  5. Jul 5, 2012
    This game is an obvious port, from an obviously massive game. That being said the port is of the worst version of this game, yes I'm saying that Counter Strike: Condition Zero was and still will always be the worst game in the Counter Strike franchise.

It took what 1.6 had developed so well, and turned it into complete garbage. But were not here to talk about the PC version, but the Xbox version.

The biggest draw to any Counter Strike game was the ability to play online with virtually anyone around the world, which this did nicely in its day, but what about the people who didn't give into the monthly payments? well they suffered the consequence of having to hear the horrid voices of your team mates, and some times lack of accuracy which caused matches to drag on longer than they needed too.

The multiplayer factor of CS, is its selling point almost but with this game you almost feel that you're paying FAR too much for what you get. Cause all you get is a simple FPS with some objectives, something that other games like Unreal Championship had achieved as well on this system, prior to the release of CS.

Now I'm not saying that you should stay away from this game at all costs, cause that is the last thing I want, because what the game lacks in graphics, gameplay, and multiplayer now years after its release, it is still a great game to sit down and play if you don't have a computer in your room or don't have Counter Strike installed on your Steam Account.

So I mean if you find it for a dollar at a pawn shop, or somewhere buy it cause its not denting your wallet I mean look at me I'm a student and I'm doing fine after buying it.

I'd have to give this game a safe 7/10

#11 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2003
#4 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2003

1. Weekly Famitsu
    7 / 7 / 8 / 8 - 30 silver [Vol 798; 2 Apr 2004]
  2. Edge Magazine
    Thankfully, the conversion from keyboard and mouse to pad has been made with rare judgement - movement is smooth and aiming is easy. The classic gameplay has made the transition too, and is as rewarding as ever. [Jan 2004, p.110]
  3. Xbox Nation Magazine
    An official disappointment on Xbox, yet the game's undying popularity defies critical analysis. [Mar 2004, p.78]