• Publisher: Tecmo
  • Release Date: Nov 14, 2001
8.8

1. JoM.
    Apr 5, 2003
    Very solid game, there is no fighting game yet better than DOA3. I love DOA3!!!
  2. TenshiK.
    Mar 17, 2002
    This a great game, much than any other 2 on 2 game I played.
  3. EllenN.
    Mar 6, 2002
    Great graphics, it's at the top of my list. The moves slide together perfect. Good chararacters too. GO AYANE.
  4. BobB.
    Sep 19, 2003
    Absolutely...the best fighting game!!!
  5. Mike
    May 28, 2004
    Graphics that make other games feel shame.
  6. MikeG.
    Nov 29, 2001
    Absolutely beautiful. Plays like a dream. I need to save some more screenshots....
  7. ElliottW.
    Jan 8, 2002
    It's awesome, plain and simple. It is the best 3D fighting game I've ever played! the graphics are unbelievable, and the other two aren't bad either! The characters are very detailed, as well as the environments. Everything about this game is perfect, except for how short the storylines are. That's the only downside.
  8. GameBreaker
    Jul 25, 2004
    This game is still the best fighter on any system and it is 2 1/2 years old. Tekken and Soul Caliber come close but the lack of realistic backgrounds and first generation PS2 graphics are not acceptable. This game is a lot easier to play with the original controller than the S-controller because of the different d-pad designs. Wish I could find the booster disc from 2 years ago though for This game is still the best fighter on any system and it is 2 1/2 years old. Tekken and Soul Caliber come close but the lack of realistic backgrounds and first generation PS2 graphics are not acceptable. This game is a lot easier to play with the original controller than the S-controller because of the different d-pad designs. Wish I could find the booster disc from 2 years ago though for more costumes and movies. Oh well, Tecmo said Ulimate will come with DOA 1 with it's original engine, DOA 2 with the updated DOA 3 engine and the booster disc extras from 2 years ago. Finally, all DOA's on one system and DOA 4 next year, probably on XBOX 2. Officially can't wait! Expand
  9. RobertR.
    Jan 31, 2002
    Best fighting game on any of the consoles.
  10. JarrodR.
    Dec 26, 2001
    Think this is one of the most kick ass games I have ever played...The girls are f.....g hot too.
  11. EstefanoH.
    Nov 13, 2002
    This game is perfect for play with varius friends.... It is better than virtual fighter 4 :)
  12. Wiseman
    Aug 12, 2002
    The most beautiful version of the best fighting game franchise. The fighting system is much more dynamic than the dial-a-combo fighters out there. The best multiplayer game since Street Fighter 2. Only the short singleplayer experience saves this one from 10.
  13. StephenS.
    Dec 30, 2001
    The gameplay, graphics, and sound are aallwesome, but it does have one major flaw. The storyline isn't very deep. It'd be nice if you could learn a bit more about the characters.
  14. StealthK.
    Aug 16, 2002
    This game is a lot of fun. A perfect game for Xbox. Fun gameplay good graphics and the girls...yeah.
  15. DavidM.
    Sep 14, 2003
    This is a fine fighting game, and a great way to spend a beery evening with friends. Lush visuals and more options than anyone could handle give it longevity and a fantastic gaming experience.
    Dec 31, 2001
    Breathtaking graphics! However, the interactive fighting environments create occasional visual glitches. One major shortcoming: lacks sufficient secrets to reward extended gameplay! On the whole, a worthwhile investment.
  17. GaborA.
    Nov 12, 2003
    The most recent game to blister my fingers from so much and so involved gaming since Killer Instinct for the SNES.
  18. PatrickH.
    Oct 5, 2003
    Very good game!!!
  19. RudyT.
    May 9, 2005
    This is a true masterpiece in the fighting genre. The graphics are incredible, the environments are detailed. It rocks! The gameplay at heart is responsive and works to the player's advantage. The selection of characters is varied and all of them are detailed. I would reccomend buying the Platinum Hit for $20. With environments you can interact with, it's a great purchase.
  20. FabrizioI.
    Jul 25, 2002
    A pretty tech demo. while the game shows us what xbox can do , the is almost identical to DOA2. Also DOA3 is a short game, the extras are limite the tag option is quiet fun but only if you have three friends to play it. Do your self a favor don't buy this game unless you haven't played a DOA game before. If you really want an awsome fighting game buy VIRTUA FIGHTER 4 for the A pretty tech demo. while the game shows us what xbox can do , the is almost identical to DOA2. Also DOA3 is a short game, the extras are limite the tag option is quiet fun but only if you have three friends to play it. Do your self a favor don't buy this game unless you haven't played a DOA game before. If you really want an awsome fighting game buy VIRTUA FIGHTER 4 for the PSX2 or if you can, grab a copy of SOUL CALIBUR for the DC. Expand
  21. TerryC.
    Jun 16, 2003
    Gameplay and graphics are incredible. The end "boss" is absolutely ridiculous and a total hoax. It totally ruins the game for me. Also, not enough to unlock. I have high hopes for the series, though.
  22. ZackP.
    Feb 14, 2003
    It's too easy. Omega is too easy. The girls are hot but the only good thing about the game is the multiplayer!
  23. ZackW.
    Jan 19, 2002
    Dead or alive 3 is a great game. But not as good a said to be. Nothings really changed about it. Graphics are good. But some of the new character designs make them look ugly.This game is pretty good. But I prefer doa2 hardcore for tons of costumes and more.

1. A perfect game for "guy's night" at home.
  2. There is very little here that we would describe as new, original, or subtle. [Jan 2002, p.76]
  3. Glorious looking, fast moving fighter with all the right moves. [Dec 2001]