4.7

1. RalphR.
    Jun 25, 2004
    The game is an O.K game i mean there r some bugs and the controls r kinda rigid but over all that its a good game. nice story to it.
  2. Godless
    Jun 25, 2004
    I've not played this game all the way through so rating it is a little bit cheaty. Graffix are Okay (good for a console but I'm a PC man so spoiled to some extent). I can't say I've spotted many bugs in the final game, though the version sent to shops and magazines for early review was buggy and also incomplete. This makes me wonder if the people moaning have been I've not played this game all the way through so rating it is a little bit cheaty. Graffix are Okay (good for a console but I'm a PC man so spoiled to some extent). I can't say I've spotted many bugs in the final game, though the version sent to shops and magazines for early review was buggy and also incomplete. This makes me wonder if the people moaning have been useing this earlier version which was commonly bootlegged (and I also played in part). As a game it has its moments. The acting is good and story okay but this is not Vice City. The game is too linear and if you follow it through you miss most of the environment (so why bother making such vast arenas was the question I asked) To get around this I found myself shooting pedestrians, stealing their cars and generally smashing things up. If you time it right hit and running is also fun, with bodies bouncing of your bonnet and smashing the windscreen. The damage meeted out to vehicles is pretty cool and possibly the best feature of the game. Whilst doing this does allow you to extend the life of the game it does not progress the story and you will invariably die so I recommend going psycho just after a save point. All in all a passable entertainment though as with most games it is overpriced for what is on offer Expand
  3. Mar 9, 2013
    DRIV3R certainly divided opinion upon its release but, while it certainly has its flaws, the thrill of chasing around a packed city remained entertaining throughout. Add in a detailed 'director mode' that allowed for players to make there own mini-movies and you had a reasonable title.
  4. S.Nguyen
    Jun 24, 2004
    I only played this game for 30 seconds at ebx games. i left, because the game was terribly ugly. i sometimes wonder if they used the PS1 version (if there exists one), but the case displayed on the console said it was a ps2 version. the animation was sluggish, look exactly like the other driver series. i was not going to buy this game anyway, but i did regret even trying this game forI only played this game for 30 seconds at ebx games. i left, because the game was terribly ugly. i sometimes wonder if they used the PS1 version (if there exists one), but the case displayed on the console said it was a ps2 version. the animation was sluggish, look exactly like the other driver series. i was not going to buy this game anyway, but i did regret even trying this game for free. I still get nightmares. Expand
  5. Daz
    Jun 26, 2004
    Could be SO MUCH BETTER. Even dvriver 2 on the opld ps1 had a two player game. Do we get this on the xbox? NO! what the hell is going on???? Ican't remember seeing as much 'pop up' on any game in the last 2 years - it's so much like driver 2 on the ps1 but with slightly better graphics and no multiplayer. Not recommended
  6. Gamegriller
    Jul 12, 2004
    Another one that is a let down. Let me help bring the reader avg. score down to where it belongs. Numerous bugs, sloppy controls, bad AI. To all you people giving it a better score, I ask, where is the fun?

#8 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2004
#17 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2004

1. AceGamez
    Although the gameplay loses out with its linearity and the walking episodes are weak, it makes up for it with awesome driving sections, a great story, fantastic graphics and the wonderful casting of A-list Hollywood actors.
  2. An above average game. Most people will love the intense action and gunplay that features so prominently, whilst putting up with the control issues, occasional camera problems and sometimes downright annoying fact at you can complete a mission and feel very proud of yourself, before being told that you failed and that you have to do it all again.
  3. Here was a game with real potential to be what everybody had basically hoped for: "Grand Theft Auto" with really good graphics. Instead, what's here needs an air bag.