9.0

1. BlazeS.
    Mar 20, 2006
    its the best game in the hole wide world and it better then the rubbis ps2 the xbox better.
  2. ScottP.
    Mar 2, 2006
    So I've had this for a little over a week now and I must say that it is pretty solid. I passed on the last couple Fight Night games because I was busy with other stuff. I heard good things about number 2, so decided to pick this one up. So far, so good. The controls are nice and tight and the total punch control setup works well given enough time to get accustomed to it. Graphics So I've had this for a little over a week now and I must say that it is pretty solid. I passed on the last couple Fight Night games because I was busy with other stuff. I heard good things about number 2, so decided to pick this one up. So far, so good. The controls are nice and tight and the total punch control setup works well given enough time to get accustomed to it. Graphics look good with a few minor problems here and there (like fists going through heads on replays). I knocked this down a couple points because the career mode and computer AI seem to be lacking something. The computer fighters are not very smart and you'll find yourself cruising right along without much competition. Multiplayer is a blast though. This alone gives it tons of replayability. I don't know if it is different enough from Round 2 to make it worthwhile, but for anyone who has skipped a couple years worth of boxing games, I would say pick it up. Fun game. Collapse

1. This complexity demands your total concentration, resulting in an all-consuming gaming experience. You're gonna lose hours to this game.
  2. Plagued by imbalance, the Round 3 career can serve up over 50 bouts before one goes the distance. The new stun punch – a thunderclap of a haymaker – helps to ensure first to third round knockouts for the vast majority of fights. [Apr 2006, p.82]
  3. It may well be beautiful to look at, but the fighting engine, although improved, is so similar to that of Fight Night Round 2 that series veterans may feel somewhat aggrieved when faced with essentially the same videogame. [Apr 2006, p.112]