7.8

1. AmadonV.
    Jan 11, 2006
    Great Multiplayer game! Playing it with 3 or 4 people ist totally fun. Gameplay is easy hack'n'slah. U'll hack your way through enemy hordes with some very nice combos and special moves. Graphics are the best yet in the Gauntlet Series. Nice Leveldesign and nice character design. No Single-player game though - better stick with other Action-RPGs in that case. Multiplayer rocks!
  2. J.G.
    Jan 3, 2006
    the game is old school hack and slash but lacks customizable charecters, the game is easy and to short.
  3. J.
    Dec 27, 2005
    Good, solid hack-n-slash. Presentation is much improved over Dark Legacy, all the way around from techs to level design. Gameplay is somewhat improved. Though they seemed to have taken out the combo moves, which were really cool (not sure, but we couldn't figure them out if they are there). Player 'cusomization' is not nearly as much as I expected and really end up being Good, solid hack-n-slash. Presentation is much improved over Dark Legacy, all the way around from techs to level design. Gameplay is somewhat improved. Though they seemed to have taken out the combo moves, which were really cool (not sure, but we couldn't figure them out if they are there). Player 'cusomization' is not nearly as much as I expected and really end up being mostly superficial. Major drawback: in under 2 hours, three of us got 75% complete on default difficulty and two of us are casual gamers. Seems terribly short for this type of game. Expand
    Dec 13, 2005
    Solid game with some very entertaining and memorable multiplayer. Delivers well to long-term fans, but can interest action-lovers who want a refreshing change.

1. Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows is decent hack and slash adventure that can keep you occupied for a while, although giving its nature this is only for fans of the hack and slash games, or if you're in need of a good co-op game.
  2. Although it's a good idea to revisit the older Gauntlet franchise, this isn't exactly the way to do it. The plot is inconsequential, the characters are less than one dimensional and the game is radically overbalanced, amongst other issues.
  3. If it weren't for the enjoyment you get from playing with the people you've gathered around you or hopping online to meet up with other Live users, this would be a game that I'd recommend you stay far away from considering its repetitive mindless gameplay and rather lackluster presentation.