8.2

1. JonathanG.
    Jun 7, 2006
    This one of those rare games where it is really fun to just drive around and not do the missions.
  2. MarkH.
    Mar 7, 2004
    I'm sorry, but this is easily the most overrated game of all time. Everyone seems afraid to give it a score under 90. Sure the setting is cool, the map is big and its open ended, but doesn't anyone notice that it looks like a PS1 game, its difficult to control, and essentially a repetitive errand simulator?
  3. RavenX301
    Oct 30, 2003
    Ahhhh, sorry...that STILL sounds more like a port then a NEW release. Sorry, but GTA games are for mindless fun for about 5 minutes till you discover all you can do is drive around and shoot people and steal there cars. The game's levels are to messed up anyway, so whats the point? The streets are filled with people that do everything you do, it's more like a every man for Ahhhh, sorry...that STILL sounds more like a port then a NEW release. Sorry, but GTA games are for mindless fun for about 5 minutes till you discover all you can do is drive around and shoot people and steal there cars. The game's levels are to messed up anyway, so whats the point? The streets are filled with people that do everything you do, it's more like a every man for himself, then a real crime game (EVERY ONE IS DOING CRIMES) it makes the person feel so unimportant to the city. Thats why True Crime well blow this game out of the water. Expand
  4. BenJ.
    Jan 15, 2004
    Agreed: it looks great, the game area is brilliantly designed and driving around is huge fun - but the second you choose a mission where you have to step out of the car you're blighted by a dreadful, akward control system and lousy enemy AI.
  5. BrendanC.
    Apr 12, 2005
    I hate it. It's SO overrated. All u do is run around and kill people. The developers just packed a lot of violence in this krap and shipped it out.
  6. BradE.
    Jan 12, 2004
    Jason K and Brad D are both morons. Plus this game is great, go buy it.
  7. KyleT.
    Aug 4, 2005
    It's just really gd.
  8. OmarL.
    Aug 14, 2004
    The best game ever!!!!
  9. NickieG.
    Aug 9, 2007
    I think that this game is really good because there is so much to do even when your not doing missions. However, I believe there are a few glitchs in the game they could improve upon.
  10. BradD.
    Dec 20, 2003
    First off, yes this game is a port you idiots. Second, if you think this is improved from the POS (oops, i mean PS2) version you havent seen the PC version. I have the PS2 and PC and ive seen the xbox one and the PC kicks all those stupid console asses! Both games are two of the best games ever made but the PC just improves on them with things like a mouse, as many mp3s as you want, First off, yes this game is a port you idiots. Second, if you think this is improved from the POS (oops, i mean PS2) version you havent seen the PC version. I have the PS2 and PC and ive seen the xbox one and the PC kicks all those stupid console asses! Both games are two of the best games ever made but the PC just improves on them with things like a mouse, as many mp3s as you want, custom cars, custom maps, multiplay mods, and best of all better graphics! Expand
  11. Hotmorphes
    Oct 25, 2003
    It is great that you 2 give a score to a game that is not even released! Don't look at mine score, does not include mine opinion of the game. Just replying to those 2 guys. Btw... the XBOX wil have enhanced graphics (more polygons, sharper textures, better lighting, reflection effects), shorter loading times, custom soundtrack and 5.1 dolby digital support. Just 2 ps2 fanboys that It is great that you 2 give a score to a game that is not even released! Don't look at mine score, does not include mine opinion of the game. Just replying to those 2 guys. Btw... the XBOX wil have enhanced graphics (more polygons, sharper textures, better lighting, reflection effects), shorter loading times, custom soundtrack and 5.1 dolby digital support. Just 2 ps2 fanboys that can't handle the fact that GTA is coming to XBOX. Anyway GTA games suck! I rather wait for True Crime. Collapse
  12. MichaelC.
    Jan 13, 2004
    What can I say about GTA that hasn't already been said? Both games have improved graphics over the already-gorgeous PS2 originals. My one beef with these games is the wretched weapon targeting system. Minus that one flaw, both games are simply awesome.
  13. SteveE.
    Jan 6, 2004
    No upgraded versions for us xbox owners but still 2 classic games for the price of 1.
  14. Buried-In-The-box
    Aug 30, 2004
    These games, along with GTA SA are easily the most overrated games ever. If it weren't for the PS1 graphics, I could enjoy them more. The PS2 obviously is too under powered for games this big. Too bad they weren't made on Xbox first so at least the graphics could have been next-gen, along with the gameplay. I'll wait for Fable so I can do what I want in a beautiful world These games, along with GTA SA are easily the most overrated games ever. If it weren't for the PS1 graphics, I could enjoy them more. The PS2 obviously is too under powered for games this big. Too bad they weren't made on Xbox first so at least the graphics could have been next-gen, along with the gameplay. I'll wait for Fable so I can do what I want in a beautiful world where architects don't build buildings that pop-up out of the ground. Expand
  15. RobW.
    Sep 26, 2004
    RavenX- Your lack of intelligence is clearly shown by your pathetic use of grammar... anyway, you must be crazy to think that True Crime will blow GTA out of the water. True crime is an average clone with horrible fighting mechanics and a storyline giving you a lot of psuedo-freedom. You're just like the idiots that thought that the Getaway would kick GTA's arse.
  16. DiabolikLord
    Nov 12, 2003
    Man... this game OWNS i played the ps2 version at my friends house and when i found out that the game was out i went out and bought it... but i never thought graphics would been ta smoother ... man i love it... only thing i dont like the the white button for the views. when i just goin on killing sprees and putting cheats on( armor guns and stuff) i always gotta reset the view but its all good.
  17. BrianK.
    Nov 13, 2003
    Great game but still not as good as True Crime Streets of L.A!!!!!
  18. A.B.
    Nov 16, 2003
    The PC version of the game gets 10/10 for me, but the xbox version isn't quite up to scratch. The driving part is as good (if not better) than the PC, but the problem I had with the game was the aiming system. I like a good FPS (or TPS) game, but I find that they don't work too well on the console. Maybe that's just me though, but for this 9/10.
  19. AndrewA.
    Nov 1, 2003
    Oka i know that it will be better than ps2's so this isnt my vote yet; still that port guy is somthing else. Come on the next best thing to happen to xbox was Halo, then tom clancys, then GTAIII and 4 my vote will be on the next review!
  20. GuyF.
    Nov 3, 2003
    Tommy V. Is gonna give you a face full of fist. Or a basebal Bat, or a chainsaw, or a shotgun. OR A MuthaFu**in CAR Beeyatch.
  21. BillP.
    Nov 6, 2003
    Bought it. Love it. This is the way it was supposed to be! SUPER SHORT load times, way way fast loads! GREEEAAAAAT graphics! Weather effects way better, cars look way better, draw-in distance way way father out, frame-rate much much improved! The only reason it doesn't get a 10 is because of the still present camera problems while in a gun fight on foot.
  22. FernandoA.
    Nov 6, 2003
    Awesome.
  23. TripleB.
    Dec 17, 2003
    This game is the most addictive most kick@$$ game ever.
  24. AdamJ.
    Oct 22, 2003
    Its GTA3 and GTA:VC for xBox, exact ports of the 2 games!
  25. JUstinF.
    Oct 27, 2003
    It isnt even a port you fool . it has greatly enhanced graphics . the ability to play cystom soundtracks etc. get your info straight =P
  26. Oliver
    Dec 8, 2003
    Great.
  27. ChrisJ.
    Jan 12, 2004
    This game RULES!!!! any1 who says otherwise is a freeak!! get the game dammit!!
  28. DanH.
    Mar 16, 2004
    Sorry mark H, but I'm afraid that title belongs to Halo. Also: you are an idiot. You've obviously never played either of these games before.
  29. RobH.
    Apr 29, 2004
    gta 3 is brilliant and vice city is the best game ever made it never gets boring, its perfect in everyway apart from the cartoony graphics halo should not get 97 out of 100, id say about 92 or 93, its very good but overated.
    May 13, 2004
    This is one great game. When I first popped this into my Xbox, I knew that this was one of the best games ever. It was so much better than the PS2 versions. The graphics and loading times were better, and you can use custom soundtracks. I definitely recommend this over the PS2 versions.

1. Both games' inherent brilliance remains intact. As playgrounds, they're marvelous. As experiences they're undeniably powerful. [Mar 2004, p.77]
  2. GTA's go-anywhere, do-anything gameplay design is something that truly shouldn't be missed by any gamer. The GTA Double Pack is a must-have for any console gamer.
    It's everything a videogame should be; innovative, compelling, challenging, long-lasting. And spiked with controversy and a wonderful wit, it's also something that so few videogames can ever be - cool.