Halo: Combat Evolved Xbox

8.6

1. OrlandoE.
    Aug 7, 2002
    I actually rate this game 20 because it's a perfect game and its complicated but you can give a mean ass whooping to the covenant and floods.
  2. RyanM.
    Sep 2, 2002
    This is one of the greatest games ever made, I thank the lord everyday that I'm alive to play it.
  3. DanD.
    Sep 27, 2002
    I sacrificed family, social life, and even religion, but it doesn't matter because I am alive to play Halo!
  4. JamesL.
    Apr 29, 2003
    Still the best on the xbox platform.
  5. RyanC.
    Jun 17, 2003
    Halo is the best multiplayer fps in the world 16 ppl in one game is just insane but just more the fun when halo 2 comes out my team and my self will be ranked number one in the world on x-box live.
  6. MatthewS.
    Jun 3, 2003
    Halo is by far the best first person shooter of all time. The game was planned for the pc but it turned out to be the single best launch game and still the best game to date for the Xbox. You play as Master Chief who is the last remaining Spartan II super soldier. All the other Spartans were wiped out in an attack on a Covenant cruiser and a desperate attempt to keep planet Reach from Halo is by far the best first person shooter of all time. The game was planned for the pc but it turned out to be the single best launch game and still the best game to date for the Xbox. You play as Master Chief who is the last remaining Spartan II super soldier. All the other Spartans were wiped out in an attack on a Covenant cruiser and a desperate attempt to keep planet Reach from falling into Covenant hands. Now in the year 2552 Master Chief John, Spartan 117 is the last Spartan and the last hope for mankind. The game's campaign mode takes you through 10 fast paced levels of non stop action. As the game starts you are onboard the Pillar Of Autumn and are just coming out of cryo sleep. The ships captain is obviously in a hurry because he doesnt even take the time to issue you a weapon when you come out of cryo sleep. You soon find out the ship is under attack by the Covenant. The captain gives you a pistol when you get to the bridge and the action begins. And if you think the Covenant are a tough enemy wait till you see what is locked away beneath the surface of the ring world Halo. The campaign also features two player co-op mode and there is a vs mode for as many as 16 players over system link. This game is flawless and will remain the best Xbox game until Halo 2 comes out early next year. Expand
  7. LoganG.
    Jun 6, 2003
    I love this game!
  8. S.Lielde
    Aug 13, 2003
    This game is one of the reason I got a X-Box... I would love to see Peter Jackson make a movie out of this.
  9. Justin
    Aug 16, 2003
    The only game I've played that could come to Halo's level is Frequency for PS2. The things I like about this game are the music, the graphics, and the storyline. I wish I could give it a 20.
  10. TylerR.
    Aug 29, 2003
    The Best Game Ever Made The Graphis are amazzzzzing!!!!!! cant wait till halo.
  11. JEFFA.
    Sep 11, 2003
    Best game ever!
  12. INeedACoke
    Nov 10, 2004
    First off any one who says this game is the best game ever is an idiot. But also the same with the people who say it is the worst game ever. This game is above average. It has its great moments,but it has its moments where i got very bored also. Lets go with the good things. Fast gameplay, decent graphics, and you know the rest. People have been ranting on about for a while now... Now the First off any one who says this game is the best game ever is an idiot. But also the same with the people who say it is the worst game ever. This game is above average. It has its great moments,but it has its moments where i got very bored also. Lets go with the good things. Fast gameplay, decent graphics, and you know the rest. People have been ranting on about for a while now... Now the bad things. This game is repetitive. Most of the levels have the same layout and i got pissed when i fought the same enemies over...and over...and over...and over. There are miniscule amounts of enemies in this game and it gets very annoying. Not to mention the sound was kind of bad... This game is great. Not perfect. No game is perfect. This game is great even though it does have its downfalls. Expand
  13. Wohaaricky
    Nov 3, 2004
    If you give it lower then a 10 you're horrible at the game. If you say the levels are repetitive you're a moron, think about it, when you go into a building every time you enter a new room does it look any different then the last one? its called a structure, the rooms are supposed to look the same you idiots. The multiplayer is fantastic the controls are awesome and AI and If you give it lower then a 10 you're horrible at the game. If you say the levels are repetitive you're a moron, think about it, when you go into a building every time you enter a new room does it look any different then the last one? its called a structure, the rooms are supposed to look the same you idiots. The multiplayer is fantastic the controls are awesome and AI and graphics have been masterfully done. There is no better game out for any console in the market. Expand
  14. AnthonyC.
    Mar 30, 2004
    This game is like heaven with a shotgun it is one of the only launch games that is good and it is just the best game period.
  15. JMan
    May 19, 2004
    Best game so far this generation.
  16. BrandonJ.
    May 5, 2004
    This is the best game since mario.
  17. KenE.
    May 6, 2004
    GoldenEye for the N64 set the standard for a console FPS and it is finally dethroned after all these years by the mighty Halo. I have played and beaten Halo on every difficulty setting and with all four game saves of each difficulty on my hard drive unlocks a really really cool options menu to include an even harder difficulty "Valiant." I'll just say that the A.I. is insanely GoldenEye for the N64 set the standard for a console FPS and it is finally dethroned after all these years by the mighty Halo. I have played and beaten Halo on every difficulty setting and with all four game saves of each difficulty on my hard drive unlocks a really really cool options menu to include an even harder difficulty "Valiant." I'll just say that the A.I. is insanely difficult and I'm not sure if it's even worth playing through, but I'm going to try just to see if anything else is hidden in this game. LISTEN UP HALO PLAYERS YOU'VE GOT TO BEAT THE GAME ON ALL DIFFICULTY LEVELS AND KEEP'EM SAVED. THE NEW OPTIONS GIVEN TO YOU MAKES IT WORTHWHILE TRUST ME ESPECIALLY FOR MULTIPLAYER!! Expand
  18. CarloL.
    May 6, 2004
    If you rate this game lower than a 10, then you suck balls!
  19. MasterChiefRocks
    Jul 22, 2004
    Add about 30000 zeros to that ten and you will learn what i gave this game. this is da f^&*ing reason to own da big bad box. not kotor, not riddick, not fable, not doom 3, this is the reason to own an Xbox.
  20. GameWiz
    Jul 25, 2004
    Get this game and all your dreams about great games will come true.
  21. HarrisonB.
    Aug 8, 2004
    The best shooter ever! Halo is one of the best games ever created! Great graphics. The ultimate game for Xbox. Unbelievably fun for anyone 12 and higher(I'm twelve). Good assembly of weapons. This game kicks any other shooter game's ass. I can't wait to get Halo 2. My favorite game for Xbox. The best.
  22. JimT.
    Feb 4, 2005
    One of the most well designed game ever. Beat the game on Normal through Legendary difficulty. Extremely well balanced. The weapon system is the most well designed, balanced and realistic ever. Pistol rules =]
  23. JOkuV.
    Nov 7, 2006
    This is the best console fps ever, and rivals easily most pc fps's. Better than HL2.
  24. EricL.
    May 12, 2006
    Incredible action, diverse environments and an engaging story make this a must have game. In particular, the first encounter with the Flood is creepy and tense, a complete, and welcome, surprise in the middle of the game. The only downside is the repetition of some of the action, though this is a very slight annoyance and in no way detracts from the overall achievement of Bungie.
  25. HebieJeebie
    Jul 15, 2006
    It's fun, for sure, but not THAT fun. The outdoor levels totally rule but the indoor levels are extremely repetitive -- repetitive enough to warrant knocking a couple points of its score. Don't get me wrong -- I'm not a hater -- just being fair and honest. It seriously seems like the developers just wussed out on the indoor environments.
  26. Paul
    Jul 21, 2006
    Just an awesome game all round. Best part is how well the co-operative mode plays.
  27. DannyS.
    Jul 31, 2006
    Awesome game at it's time. Just redefined the meaning of FPS.
  28. MZ
    Aug 17, 2006
    The combat system is amazing. Eventually, just the need to survive the waves of enemies is almost overwhelming. Satisfying from begining to end.
  29. lawl
    Aug 28, 2006
    It's a great game, i remember it was one of the first xbox games i played when i first got it, the other was KOTOR 1, though i was still a kid back then, and i was afwaid of the fwood. only one problem was that it had no XBOX LIVE! The online PC version had horrible network and didnt work to well as well, but Halo 2 did great with XBL.
  30. DeanK.
    Sep 20, 2006
    This game is a very great game, the vehicles, campaign, mode and my favorite, multiplayer kicks .ss.
  31. KipHT
    Mar 6, 2007
    Halo is a classic. It is hands down the best game I have ever played. Even when you finish it in one final leap it keeps drawing you back. Oh, and the musical score... I could go on all day. Love the game.
  32. MikeT.
    Mar 9, 2007
    Only Ps2 and PC fanboys give this game under 7. This game revolutionized the way shooters work on consoles. The feel is just right for aiming, the ability to throw grenades at any time is ingenius, and the recharging health system is seen in more and more shooters all the time. Halo FIXED the console FPS genre. It has its faults, but its faults are outweighed by everything good it has Only Ps2 and PC fanboys give this game under 7. This game revolutionized the way shooters work on consoles. The feel is just right for aiming, the ability to throw grenades at any time is ingenius, and the recharging health system is seen in more and more shooters all the time. Halo FIXED the console FPS genre. It has its faults, but its faults are outweighed by everything good it has done. I do enjoy Half Life 2 more than Halo. But I cannot deny that Halo has had a huge impact on shooters, and will continue to have an impact for years to come. Expand
  33. gbarules2999Thompson
    Aug 8, 2007
    Halo. Wow. Add the following ingredients: A thrilling multiplayer match, a more linear but still free map design, well developed AI, excellent action and great controls, a brilliant story, some of the best music in a game ever, and still serviceable graphics. What do you get? A modern classic.
  34. JoeM.
    Sep 25, 2007
    A legendary game. People say that the hype for the game outwieghed the content, this happened in my experience with such games as San Andreas and Gears of War. But I never hyped for Halo because I never had an xbox, but then my mate slapped me across the face and I came to my senses. When I got it I was completely stunned, never had I played a game like it.
  35. BrentV.
    May 30, 2008
    This game is what To Kill a Mockingbird or Gone With the Wind are in the reading world! The story could've been a little better, but was still really engaging with the flood plot twist and all. One of the great things about this game is how the pistol was actually fun to use! I know it's 2008 and we have advanced A.I. but back then, this was what they called advanced and great This game is what To Kill a Mockingbird or Gone With the Wind are in the reading world! The story could've been a little better, but was still really engaging with the flood plot twist and all. One of the great things about this game is how the pistol was actually fun to use! I know it's 2008 and we have advanced A.I. but back then, this was what they called advanced and great graphics. If they'd made Crysis back then, it wouldn't be half the game it is now. Overall, a great multiplayer and single-player experience rocks this game off the charts! Expand
  36. MartinS
    Oct 6, 2009
    This is the best FPS of all time! I should know since I've played COD, GOW, Counter-Strike, you name it, I've played it. All of those games put together will still be a piece of crap compared to Halo 1. If you hate this amazing game, you have either never played it or have terrible taste in games.
  37. JohnP
    Feb 21, 2009
    This game is an all-out blast. The storyline is incredibly unique and action packed, not leaving you without wide-eyes for the entire game. Multiplayer is a bit on the lax side, but is still fun none-the-less.
  38. JamesH
    Apr 3, 2009
    I've played a lot of PC FPS games (mainly single player) since the original Wolfenstein, Doom, Quake, Unreal, Half Life... I loved Half Life and the sequel because they really moved the whole genre on a notch and did things that you never thought a game of that type could do. Halo is like that and pushes the bar even further with an amazingly detailed vision of future warfare. I I've played a lot of PC FPS games (mainly single player) since the original Wolfenstein, Doom, Quake, Unreal, Half Life... I loved Half Life and the sequel because they really moved the whole genre on a notch and did things that you never thought a game of that type could do. Halo is like that and pushes the bar even further with an amazingly detailed vision of future warfare. I would say that the graphics are INCREDIBLE given the year and the power available in an old Xbox - wait until you get onto Halo itself and you look out from a clifftop over a sea that slowly curves up into space. Stunning, even 7 years later. AI is terriffc, with genuinely tricky enemies throughout. Sounds are superb also. The story, cut scenes and so on will be very much appreciated by lovers of proper science fiction like Larry Niven's Ringworld. If you've never played this game, it is seriously worth going out and buying an old 2nd hand Xbox! Expand
  39. JohnM
    Jul 6, 2009
    This isn't just a first-person shooter. It is a new bar for shooters. Not raising the bar. It made its own. I honestly believe that this may be the best first-person shooter of all time, and it is certainly my new favorite.
  40. JonP.
    Nov 30, 2001
    A great reason to buy an Xbox.
  41. Mr.AnArcHy
    Dec 31, 2001
    Love it! Love it! Love it! Love it! Love it! Love it! Love it! Love it! Love it! Love it! It could more levels (10 is a little stingy) and though there arnt many rewards for beating the game, I find myself playin it over and over. its the only game I have for the Xbox, and I'm not complaining
  42. LanceM.
    Dec 3, 2001
    Halo multiplayer rocks!!!! The single player is pretty engrossing too, with the most wiley enemies I've ever seen. If you own an Xbox, you must own Halo.
  43. seanj
    Jan 4, 2010
    its now 2010. over the past 8 years numerous amazing titles have come out, and if it werent for this title chance is none of them would have the way they did. also, being so old this game is still better than most new games. i'll never forget playing through the levels on legendary with my freinds. simply... well a "legendary" title.
  44. JustinK.
    Nov 12, 2002
    A classic... Halo should be a mandatory purchase when you first get your Xbox.
  45. SaitouH.
    Nov 16, 2002
    Very good graphics. It is a very good game designed for xbox :)
  46. Thelastchance
    Nov 27, 2002
    This is one of the best games i have ever played. But perfect dark has more things like guns. Halo is better than perfect dark, actually much better. But when the creators of perfect dark, metriod and timeslpitters 2 worked together with the creators of halo, that would be the best shooter ever. MAYBE
  47. MatthieuR.
    Oct 15, 2002
    Brilliant. This game has it all: great story, graphics, sound. It has a fantastic mood, and will scare the crap out of you (The Flood anyone?). The only downside is the control. Don't get me wrong, the control is good for a console, but this game begs for a mouse and keyboard.
  48. CJT.
    Jan 21, 2002
    Awesome Game. 16 player is sweet.
  49. RyanE.
    Jan 25, 2002
    This is by far one of the best games I've ever played. Very few games even come close. The graphics are excellent, the AI is outstanding, and the gameplay is simply unsurpassed. If this is an example of how X Box games are going to be like, I feel sorry for Nintendo and Sony.
  50. DeaneS.
    Jan 3, 2002
    I didn't like video games untill I played Halo. WOW!
  51. RickyP.
    Jan 6, 2002
    This is one of the most futuristic games I have played in my life. The cut scenes rock!
  52. AndyF.
    Feb 21, 2002
    Awesome story, best game.
  53. IanC.
    Mar 10, 2002
    It was very fun, but i think it needs more levals and more guns. I have beaten the game. And it was really fun. When they make Halo 2, if they do, i think they should let you chose witch guy you would want to be like a hunter or another alien or you could be a human or the cyborg and they would all have differ missions.
  54. AlanH.
    Mar 12, 2002
    The best game I have ever played (with the exception of CivIII) on a console. I don't give it a 10 because of slow down problems in a couple of places that hindered me esp. in the last stage. Where is the Sequel? Please let there be a sequel, please.
  55. EeroS.
    May 28, 2002
    It's Halo, you know the rest..
  56. BenWest
    May 9, 2002
    If there was an eleven it would have it, in about 5 mins I was hooked, it took me 5 hours to get off it! 1 thing, on level 5 (assault on the control room) I am stuck on a room, with no way out! but i tink it is the best game ever i love it yeah ... whatever...
  57. LeeL.
    Jul 10, 2002
    I think that Halo is the best game ever. It is so awesome because you get to drive in vehicles you get a bunch of weapons and its just really fun to play and its got awesome graphics. Theres also different difficulties from easy to legendary. This game is so awesome. :-D
  58. ShrayK.
    Aug 1, 2002
    Well this game is one thing. The best thing there is. At my birthday all we did was play it. nobody got tired of it. it has stunning graphics, great plot & nothing but pure fun.
  59. CrucioR.
    Sep 14, 2002
    This game is the best game ever created.
  60. HuughB.
    Oct 14, 2003
    I think that Halo is the best game ever generated by microsoft or anyone. If that damn "Rate this game" thing went above 10 out of 10 I rate it to it's max. Who's to say if a better game will come out in the next 10 years. The only game that would come close is Halo 2 and that doesn't realease until march so Halo can stand it's resolute. Every aspect of the game was I think that Halo is the best game ever generated by microsoft or anyone. If that damn "Rate this game" thing went above 10 out of 10 I rate it to it's max. Who's to say if a better game will come out in the next 10 years. The only game that would come close is Halo 2 and that doesn't realease until march so Halo can stand it's resolute. Every aspect of the game was flawless. A better game to be realeased by be made by martians with highly advanced technology Expand
  61. JacobK.
    Oct 14, 2003
    It's a real shame this"Rate this game"doesn't go above 10 because it deserves better than perfect. Those who vote lower have obviously not played Halo before. A perfect example of Microsoft's fine work. Their perfect project deserves higher than 10. Every aspect is flawless-perfect. I don't see a glitch in the game. The covenant are a great design and adding the hungry It's a real shame this"Rate this game"doesn't go above 10 because it deserves better than perfect. Those who vote lower have obviously not played Halo before. A perfect example of Microsoft's fine work. Their perfect project deserves higher than 10. Every aspect is flawless-perfect. I don't see a glitch in the game. The covenant are a great design and adding the hungry flood makes a classic even greater. If it weren't for this rating system I rate it 204958 out of 10. Halo will remain number one until Aliens with improved technology come to earth or when Halo 2 gets released in March. I stay with greatest game for many years to come. Perfect Design. I'm impressed Expand
  62. DanielL.
    Oct 15, 2003
    This game was a fantastic design from microsoft. Everything about it was futuristic and I found it was brilliant set it in 2552, 32 years after an advanced race called the covenant starting to annihilate making due to religious reasons. The generated program Cortana was great too. One thing was missing though. Music in Multiplayer, but apart from that the game was stunning. A bizarre This game was a fantastic design from microsoft. Everything about it was futuristic and I found it was brilliant set it in 2552, 32 years after an advanced race called the covenant starting to annihilate making due to religious reasons. The generated program Cortana was great too. One thing was missing though. Music in Multiplayer, but apart from that the game was stunning. A bizarre twist when Captain Jacob Keyes become a Flood. The Flood were a great and ugly design too. Every level was unique in it's own way and I thought the monitor 343 Guilty Spark played a good part in Halo. Co-operative multiplayer was good too. Being able to respawn was a good addition to the game. Can't wait til Halo2. Apparently the Covenant make it to earth and the Urban War will be great. A bit short though. I thought a couple more levels would have completed it. And I also think they released it 3 months too early. A strong 10 for Halo, if not, more. Expand
  63. Xeno117
    Dec 18, 2003
    Best game ever. I have HIGH belief in Halo2 to be the best game til' Halo3, and so on and so forth.
  64. JordanB.
    Oct 23, 2003
    Best. FPS. Ever. The only thing that can top this is Halo 2.
  65. ArttuJ.
    Oct 23, 2003
    There is just one word that tells what kind of game Halo is: "Halo". Halo is the best game ever seen on Xbox.
  66. TatB.
    Oct 29, 2003
    This is the best game of all! Beats any FPS game ever made.
  67. LacheleR.
    Jan 6, 2003
    It was great.
  68. RobA.
    Feb 16, 2003
    An excellent game, however, the makers should have extended it. I ended beating it in only five days. But besides that, it's the best game I've played...so far.
  69. LiamA.
    Feb 9, 2003
    This game is the best shooter to date but still doesn't compare with perfect dark. The multiplayer was the biggest dissapointment.
  70. JustinR.
    Feb 9, 2003
    I rented this game once and thats all I had to. The next day I bought it.
  71. JordanC.
    Mar 15, 2003
    Best FPS on any console.
  72. KevinM.
    Apr 23, 2003
    This game is soo awesome the game is so good you should just buy xbox just for the game and multiplayer is even better just wait until Halo 2 come out!!
  73. MasterChief
    Apr 4, 2003
    Who ever gives this game a bad rating is still living with there parents and does'nt know any thing you should never be allowed to talk again.
  74. HaloMC
    Apr 4, 2003
    Rick and John H suck. Just cause their lives suck they hate every thing else. Halo is simply the best game to exist. And yes i do have a life besides video games unlike these two.
  75. Halogod
    Apr 7, 2003
    This is the best game ever i will kill any of u in this game xbox is #1.
  76. JosephC.
    May 16, 2003
    AUSUM! the banshes are the best.
  77. AndrewA.
    Jul 18, 2003
    Awesome! I mean really what can beat this game! I bought this game a long time ago 2years and i am still playing it. Better than any game on sell. Cant wait for halo 2. Buy it!!!!!!
  78. EricS.
    Jul 6, 2003
    Get this game it will be the best game you will ever play. Until Halo 2 comes out.......
  79. JohnS.
    Aug 11, 2003
    The best game ever.
  80. JamieS.
    Aug 14, 2003
    This game really is the best youll ever play. (Until Halo 2)
  81. DanielC.
    Aug 15, 2003
    This is the best game ever created. I dont own this game but ive played it. I want it so bad!!! Halo is da best and anyone who thinks otherwise is a moron!!!!!!!!!
  82. JoeB.
    Sep 28, 2003
    I played this game for the first time last week and got hooked. I play in literally every spare second i have and cannot put the controller down. A must have great game.
  83. DavidM.
    Sep 30, 2003
    There is no point in time where I will ever cease to throw a Halo party at my house, I own more than one copy myself, just to make SURE nobody is left out at a halo party, anyone who says this game sucks just because the idea has been done before of a first person shooter, holy crap games have been out for how long? how the heck do you expect ANY game to be "new" by those standards. and There is no point in time where I will ever cease to throw a Halo party at my house, I own more than one copy myself, just to make SURE nobody is left out at a halo party, anyone who says this game sucks just because the idea has been done before of a first person shooter, holy crap games have been out for how long? how the heck do you expect ANY game to be "new" by those standards. and people who say it sucks because it has marines just like in halflife, and creatures just like in halflife, OMG THEIR PEOPLE WITH GUNS, IN EVERY GAME WITH GUNS THEIR EITHER GOING TO BE MARINES NAVY OR ARMY ETC, WHAT DO YOU EXPECT THEM TO CALL THEM, GIRL SCOUTS? this game is by far the greatest in gameplay, depth, story, and is extreamly innovative, and is by far the most anticipated game ever as of the announcment of halo 2, hands down, master chief, is the stud of the universe, if the answer to your question of the most gorgeous things in the world is not, gods love, than its halo. Expand
  84. GHolmberg
    Sep 30, 2003
    Michael K E.A.D This is the best game EVER!!!!
  85. TimN.
    Nov 23, 2004
    This game is tight. what would many kids do with out this game? i know i would be crazy.
  86. Mr.Chicken
    Oct 9, 2004
    I've owned Halo for 2 years now and I still play it and love every moment of it. My all-time favorite game.
  87. JayZ.
    Feb 7, 2004
    What a great game. only complaints are that the levels look too familiar and there are no bots to play multiplayer with.
  88. Bob.B.
    Feb 9, 2004
    Best game ever. Too many haters!
  89. CameronS.
    Mar 1, 2004
    Just the best game ever!
  90. AndresM.
    Mar 13, 2004
    Just awesome!!!
  91. AlanA.
    Mar 28, 2004
    Great Game. Just saw E3 gameplay trailer for Halo2 (Bungie.net) and its going to be better. I can see someone giving this game a 7 or 8 if there blind, or deaf, or not into first person shooter. Anyone else played it on easy and never got past lvl 3. Kill Every Cove' B**tard!
  92. MikeR.
    Mar 4, 2004
    Awesome game!!! worth getting xbox system for halo. cant wait till Halo 2!!
  93. JohnC.
    Mar 5, 2004
    I rated this 10 because Halo is seriously the best game ever designed, there are enjoying levels outstanding guns and a multiplayer game which you and a friend can be together. Cant wait till Halo 2 comes out.
  94. KeithF.
    Apr 23, 2004
    I have a tip. When you are on the library after 343 guilty spark, if you see the sentinals looking at the dead flood, shoot and it will look at you. Quickly jump on it and it will lift you up high in the air and give you a ride!! Dont do this when they go down to the bottom of the elevator though!!
  95. CraigW.
    Apr 29, 2004
    The best game in the history of the world. Can't wait for Halo 2 to come out.........yea bill gates ur the man....this game is absolutely flawless.... the graphics are amazing, the gameplay is amazing and the total 2-player mode is amazing... a very fun game.
  96. BloodAngel
    Jun 15, 2004
    Hey Fink, first off any FPS has those problems. I can think of several games like Unreal where you just hog the power ups and stay in an area where you can kill the most amount of people. That is the point of multiplayer. Fink, I could kill you in two hits with a plasma pistol. If you grand a shotgun expect to kill someone in one hit...if you get close enough. Plus if you get in close Hey Fink, first off any FPS has those problems. I can think of several games like Unreal where you just hog the power ups and stay in an area where you can kill the most amount of people. That is the point of multiplayer. Fink, I could kill you in two hits with a plasma pistol. If you grand a shotgun expect to kill someone in one hit...if you get close enough. Plus if you get in close enough doesn't it make sense that you could shoot them and hit them with that shoty? If you get in a tank, you will run over people/kill the pretty easy. It's a fucking tank. I can gauge gernades perfectly and kill you with it. You just don't have skills, thats why you bitch! Instead of ripping on the game, pick on the people like me who spend too much time with the game. I mean the Founder guy is right. I can't think of another game save for the old GoldenEye 64, and GTA 3 where you can get tanks, but you can't cantrol them as finely as Halo. In fact I cannot think of any game with more of a selection of vehicles for multiplayer games.... Everything about this game seems acurate to me. Yes, some of the levels where long, yeah there where a lot of enemies! To Hate Founder.Try playing on Legendary. The Founder spoke brashly. I've seen it in a lot of Halo Fanatic's. Halo does involve tactic on this level: you have to think where you'll shoot, and how you'll get from point a to b, with out being torn apart by the three Jackels, and two Elites to the left, and the Hunter to the right. True you don't have team tactics, but the whole plot of the game is the fact that you are the Master Chief, a one cyborg army by himself... I guess I love this game. I have had every system since Atari. I cannot think of a more enjoyable FPS save Golden Eye and Perfect Dark, which will always be in my heart. If you folks want a reliable and accurate FPS then Halo is your game. If you are looking for realistic movement (most FPS move past human speeds), realistic carrying (youcan carry only two weapons at a time in Holo, which is more realistic since you couldn't carry 9 guns one oneself like other FPS), bad ass vehicles, cool enemies, then Halo is for you... Expand
  97. HaloFan
    Jun 28, 2004
    Possably my all favorite game game.... EVER!
  98. MarcoC.
    Jun 30, 2004
    Just buy it. You most likely will not regret buying it. I gave it a 9 only because Halo 2 is going to be 10 times better (Xbox Live Baby!)
  99. TimL.
    Jun 8, 2004
    Awesome, cant wait till halo 2.
  100. MichaelB.
    Jul 1, 2004
    Frink, you will pie. Best single player FPS I've ever played, and best multiplayer on any console game, FPS or not.

#1 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2001
#1 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2001

1. Xbox Nation Magazine
    Halo is quite simply the closest thing we have ever experienced to a living, breathing alternate universe. [Jan 2002, p.72]
  2. GMR Magazine
    The definitive reason to own an Xbox. [Feb 2003, p.95]
    When you finally set down the controller the first time, and eventually hunger or exhaustion do force all of us to take a break, Halo has pulled you completely into its world and started one of the best sci-fi gaming adventures of all time.