James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing Xbox

7.4

1. Cyph
    Feb 28, 2004
    This is a pretty disappointing game, lackluster graphics, and an control scheme that doesnt suit the game. Some bits make you think the game is cool, but they are short lived. It tries to be splinter cell but fails in everyway. End story, is it enjoyable? I have to say no.
  2. EDGARM.
    Jul 29, 2004
    I think this game is pathetic. when i played in co-op i thought it would be great. but i was wrong, it is not the way a bond game should be and the third person view adds to the failure of the game itself.
  3. Dan
    Feb 29, 2004
    I have to admit, I have only played a few levels of this game. However, I think it is another classic example of a game being a victim of it's own hype. To compare this gane to Goldeneye is a little unfair. You have to remember that despite the limitations of the N64, the quality of the gameplay and level design are phenomenal. I would argue that the game is still holding its own I have to admit, I have only played a few levels of this game. However, I think it is another classic example of a game being a victim of it's own hype. To compare this gane to Goldeneye is a little unfair. You have to remember that despite the limitations of the N64, the quality of the gameplay and level design are phenomenal. I would argue that the game is still holding its own today. EA is an enormous company and probably the biggest contender in the gamesmarket. Naturally, their games look the business but if you remove your rose tinted spectacles, you will see the flaws. EA has not learnt from its mistakes and they continue to make them. The problem is, players are so mesmarised by the graphics and visual beauty of the game, that they are very forgiving. I would argue that they should not be. The driving levels I have seen are appalling. The rendering of the vehicles is not up to much. The way that the enemy relentlessly attacks and careers into your vehicle borders on the insane. Furthermore, the helicopter level was shocking. Moving a polished helicopter in a seriously restricted environment soon wears thin. The battle with Jaws on the train was mudane in the extreme. The character performing the same action over and over again was easily dealt with a few blows in the chest whereupon he was sent flying helplessly into an electric charge. Nice effects but that is about all. As I have said, I have not played the entire game but my instinct tells me that this is not one to play again. There is no comparison to, say, Splinter Cell so i think that the high scores awarded by some of the reviewers are grossly unfounded. I think that it is wrong that giants like EA dominate the market. I find it a little sinister to see that every issue of an EA game sports a 9/10 sticker on PS2 (what's going on here?). The game buying public should be more discerning, should they not? There are far superior games in production (Splinter Cell 2, Driver 3, Half-Life 2 to name but a few) and I think we should all be more selective. My advice, and you can take it or leave it, is to leave Everything behind and lose Nothing. You might think this is harsh but think about the money you are spending before throwing it at games giants like EA. Expand
  4. FatC.
    Apr 4, 2004
    This is a shooting game with a useless targeting controller. That's the equivalent of making a driving game that can't drive. Frustrating, especially for a Bond fan. I loved Nightfire and the switch to 3rd person was beautifully done but pointless if you can't aim. Ever see Bond in a Bond flick miss a guy at point blank range?

#16 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2004

1. The seamless action—now presented in third person—is spit-shined and ever shifting.
  2. For the most part, "Nothing" makes performing these Dondian stunts easy, with its intuitive controls, friendly camera, good level design, and clearly defined goals. But the inventory system could use some work. [Mar 2004, p.74]
  3. Particularly thrilling is the motorcycle chase on the narrow freeway, evoking strong visions of what EA could have done had it been blessed with The Matrix license. The cohesion between 007's on-foot missions and driving excursions further adds to the cinematic feel, which is Everything or Nothing's strongest trait.