Major League Baseball 2K6 Xbox

5.5

1. BlueFalcon
    Apr 26, 2006
    Unfortunately 2k5 seems like a better game than 2k6. Maybe this is what happens with license exclusivity. Since there's no competition, there's no need for them to put much effort into the game.
  2. MattB.
    Apr 10, 2006
    I did not enjoy playing this game. I am so thankful I rented this game before purchasing. Baserunning and fielding flaws are a pain to play through.
  3. Dan
    May 15, 2006
    The pitching i feel are much better than MLB: the show. But the problems exist in the fielding and the baserunning problems, when they round first when the ball is on the way in. That is extremely frustrating when you beat the throw to first but round it and get tagged when you walk back. Also the sensitivity in regards to the wall is extremely annoying, fortunately that hasn;t happened The pitching i feel are much better than MLB: the show. But the problems exist in the fielding and the baserunning problems, when they round first when the ball is on the way in. That is extremely frustrating when you beat the throw to first but round it and get tagged when you walk back. Also the sensitivity in regards to the wall is extremely annoying, fortunately that hasn;t happened to me all that often but i watched it happen to my friends. Expand
  4. CK
    Apr 11, 2006
    Don't listen to anyone who hasn't played this game for two weeks. It has faults, but the pitching is phenomenal and the swing stick is great. Fielding, while it could be improved, is not as bad as many are saying - it's more realistic and takes some getting used to.
  5. Mike
    Apr 14, 2006
    Saying the fielding and baserunning controls are clumsy is a huge understatement, but the 'inside edge' is something true baseball stat-heads like me have wanted in a baseball game for years. Its hit or miss for most people though. If you like the smooth, fluid, pick-up-and-play style of the MVP series then 2K6 will frustrate you to all end.
  6. Troy
    Apr 27, 2006
    Negatives: -Horrific fielding mechanic - its so bad that you are actually prompted when to dive/jump for a ball - players literally get knocked out if they touch the wall and it usually results in the park HR - the is no balance b/t pitcher and hitter. The game heavily favors the pitcher. It is very difficult to protect the plate. - online where lag can be an issue absolutely cripples the Negatives: -Horrific fielding mechanic - its so bad that you are actually prompted when to dive/jump for a ball - players literally get knocked out if they touch the wall and it usually results in the park HR - the is no balance b/t pitcher and hitter. The game heavily favors the pitcher. It is very difficult to protect the plate. - online where lag can be an issue absolutely cripples the gameplay altogher. - very redundant commentary - weak player models - button mapping is absolutley ridiculous so much crammed into the game that alot of basic controls aren't intuitive at all. - things like catcher cam and base burner mode feel very tacked on as well. Baserunning is also infuriating. Positives: - has MLB license - some nice small details in the game - inside edge - hitting and pitching interface is solid - franchise is solid - for the most part offline is enjoyable b/c you can use the sliders to compensate for the games many flaws. - nice stadiums. Expand
  7. MarkB.
    Jul 11, 2006
    Man, I am so darn disapointed. I REALLY wanted to play a good game, I Was so excited to mess with the swing stick and pitching interface. After 2 months, IT IS A MESS, this game caused some serious anger issues with me, lol. I cant seem to not have a in the parker 1 every 3 games, doubles that should be outs, fielding that is a joke. Times when Turbo Slows my players down, oh and dont Man, I am so darn disapointed. I REALLY wanted to play a good game, I Was so excited to mess with the swing stick and pitching interface. After 2 months, IT IS A MESS, this game caused some serious anger issues with me, lol. I cant seem to not have a in the parker 1 every 3 games, doubles that should be outs, fielding that is a joke. Times when Turbo Slows my players down, oh and dont ever use Eric Gagne against hte computer, they cant NOT get a hit. Its very wierd stuff... Not a good game, not a good attempt, not a good company. Never again will 2k6 earn my business. Collapse

1. As a game, MLB 2K6 feels more than competent, but it fails to excel. Much like last year's Cubs, it has its shining moments, but in the end you're left with the distinct feeling that it could have been so much more.
  2. Outside of this, through its array of innovations, Major League Baseball 2K6 blows the doors off of what you could expect from a baseball game. [Apr 2006, p.116]
  3. But the thing that makes this game just pretty good and not fantastic is the faulty fielding. It's not a deal breaker, but it is noticeable and at times frustrating.