Metal Slug 3 Xbox

5.1

1. IliyunH.
    May 30, 2004
    Solid Game. Easily the top 5 best action 2D game. Fluid animation, sweet sound FX, and challenging ! I'm one happy gamer.
  2. XERO
    May 27, 2004
    You can't have more fun with your close on....just a blast to play!!!
  3. ChadC.
    May 28, 2004
    If you like the classic side scroller action then this game is for you! Graphics are cool and multiplayer co-op is awesome.
  4. J.M.
    Jun 14, 2005
    Why do such good games go way overlooked? so what if the game is too hard, so what if it's too short (except for mission 5 which is impossibly hard I have to admit), it is still the same great Metal Slug game we all know and love, and that should be enough, and look at it this way, the XBOX can handle this better than PS2 (which sucks, so wait for PS3 which is much better). Top notch Why do such good games go way overlooked? so what if the game is too hard, so what if it's too short (except for mission 5 which is impossibly hard I have to admit), it is still the same great Metal Slug game we all know and love, and that should be enough, and look at it this way, the XBOX can handle this better than PS2 (which sucks, so wait for PS3 which is much better). Top notch game that brings the arcade to you ( I know, that sounds lame and from the years of Atari). Expand
  5. CraKa
    May 24, 2004
    I've only been playing the demo, but its such a blast. Kick back 10 years to 2d shooter glory.
  6. Uter
    Jun 12, 2004
    It's a bit pricey considering it's an old port without many extras. But if you weren't to take that into consideration, really this is a top tier xbox game definately worth owning. It could pass as a contra sequel for those unfamiliar with the series.
  7. Jul 9, 2016
    A solid port of the game for the console. Metal Slug 3 on PS2/XBOX has a few additional mods for the players to enjoy. My only issue with the game, is that you can't use the analog stick to control your character.

#74 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2004

1. Xbox Nation Magazine
    One of the finest, purest, and most hardcore 2D shooter on any system to date. [July 2004, p.88]
    Played as it should be, with minimum lives and maximum difficulty, Metal Slug can provide jaded gamers with a sublime and simple gaming experience. Unapologetically tough, Metal Slug will remind players of a time when all games set this frustrating a challenge.
  3. GMR Magazine
    It's ironic, then, that one of the most striking things you will find on Xbox today is stellar throwback to the halcyon days of 2D gaming. [July 2004, p.87]