6.3

1. JimmyP.
    Oct 2, 2005
    This is a solid if not spectacular game. It has basically the same style as last year except the graphics have gotten exceptionally better. But I can't give this game a higher rating simply because it has no owner's mode, nba live needs to get with the program because mvp has owners mode, and of course madden does too. Still a great game, i don't know if it's better This is a solid if not spectacular game. It has basically the same style as last year except the graphics have gotten exceptionally better. But I can't give this game a higher rating simply because it has no owner's mode, nba live needs to get with the program because mvp has owners mode, and of course madden does too. Still a great game, i don't know if it's better than 2k though, the only thing that seperates them is the better features. All in all, it's worth your 50 bucks Collapse
  2. RyanH.
    Dec 1, 2005
    I am a huge sports fan and the little things in a game make all the difference to me. NBA Live 06 is a very frustrating game.When I bought it I though it would be a fun realistic game you know close the NBA with a few flaws. The biggest flaw this year is the defense where is it? This game is a good arcade style game for casual fans,but not even close to realistic game play. EA better get I am a huge sports fan and the little things in a game make all the difference to me. NBA Live 06 is a very frustrating game.When I bought it I though it would be a fun realistic game you know close the NBA with a few flaws. The biggest flaw this year is the defense where is it? This game is a good arcade style game for casual fans,but not even close to realistic game play. EA better get it together or 2K is going to dominate sales to the all the NBA fans who love playing video games. Expand
  3. RichardS.
    Oct 25, 2005
    The truth is the basketball game this year is nba2k6 while live 95 on the sega genisis will always be the michael jordan of basketball games i can honestly say 2k6 is the young Lebron of the new generation.
  4. RawleM.Junior
    Oct 4, 2005
    How is this video game basketball? The superstar mode makes the game incredibly easy if you have someone like Wade, James, Kobe, T Mac, etc. Defense is nearly non existant, the gameplay is choppy, players "skate" around rather than run. It's trying to be an arcade/sim, but is terrible at both. The whole all-star weekend is poorly implimented as well, as it takes forever to load for How is this video game basketball? The superstar mode makes the game incredibly easy if you have someone like Wade, James, Kobe, T Mac, etc. Defense is nearly non existant, the gameplay is choppy, players "skate" around rather than run. It's trying to be an arcade/sim, but is terrible at both. The whole all-star weekend is poorly implimented as well, as it takes forever to load for just doing one dunk, especially on Live. There is no reason anyone should ever buy this game (or even accept it as a gift). Player ratings are terrible and inaccurate, and all these "new features" like dunked on scenarios and stuff are just marketing ploys. The "dunked on" scenarios mean that I can take Tim Duncan run in from the arc and dunk on anyone (ben wallace, ratliff, whoever) like I'm Jordan or Amare Stoudemire. And trust me, I've played basketball in the NCAA tournament, and this is not basketball. It's a poo poo video game platter. Expand
  5. WadeD.
    Jun 6, 2006
    I like this game. I can't wait til NBA Live 07 comes out.
  6. AlvinR.
    Oct 14, 2005
    NBA Live 06 is awesome! NBA Live is awesome every single year, and it gets better every year too!
  7. JohnnyBDrivencarPalace
    Oct 4, 2005
    A terrible excuse for a game. Decent presentation, but that's about it. C'mon EA, you have so many resources, use them!
  8. ColbyC.
    Oct 11, 2005
    Horrible game. Strange player ratings (as a Pistons fan and Tayshaun Prince fan specifically) I can honestly say that he should NOT be rated 8 points above Rip Hamilton... Other than that, there is a horrible frame rate problem, WAY too many bugs, and the superstar mode is just annoying. Give the ball to Ben Wallace, and do a "superstar" dunk....2 points everytime. BORING.
  9. KyleM.
    Oct 19, 2005
    I don't think I've ever been this disappointed in a game. Despite its problems, I loved last year's game. Field goal percentages were pretty accurate and you could play defense. It was a true basketball sim. But not this year, as it's nearly impossible to stop a superstar. I'm shooting like 80 percent every game...and so is my opponent! I have never witnessed such I don't think I've ever been this disappointed in a game. Despite its problems, I loved last year's game. Field goal percentages were pretty accurate and you could play defense. It was a true basketball sim. But not this year, as it's nearly impossible to stop a superstar. I'm shooting like 80 percent every game...and so is my opponent! I have never witnessed such a dramatic step backwards in a sports sim. EA should be ashamed. Expand
  10. KarS.
    Dec 25, 2005
    Nba live 06 is a great game and it gets better by the years. its not supposed to be impossible for people to score. its a little over exaggerated, but not by a lot. either way, its tons of fun, and its worth every penny you pay for it.
  11. TomH.
    Nov 12, 2005
    Man, come on people. Did most of you "reviewers" even play the game once? Me and my friends haven't had this much fun in ages, and this is definitely a step up over Live 05.

1. It's a decent attempt, but it lacks what it used to have, and if you own the 2004 or 2005 version then just stick with them and trade the appropriate players to the correct teams.
  2. Live 06 delivers with its incredible new gameplay feature, Freestyle Superstars. The game focuses on showing a difference between player types aside from merely what position they play.
    This is my favorite two-player sports game of the year so far. The Superstar moves really change the way you play the game, and for the better, as for the first time in years you can really tell the difference between players like Shaq and Eric Dampier.