NBA Live 2004 Xbox

1. MatthieuR.
    Nov 4, 2003
    Vastly overrated... I've played both ESPN and Live, and while both are a bit disappointing, Live is far more so. The graphics are PS one circa 1999, the control feels like a hockey game (sliding on ice) and the AI is retarded/incredible, with nothing in between. Not a bad game, but no ESPN NBA, either.
  2. ChrisC.
    Jul 28, 2004
    While the gameplay was certainly enjoyable in Live, the bad graphics (ie black jerseys look gray) and inaccurate player ratings (Iverson couldn't make a bucket to save his life in this game) really bogged down the game, and made it, overall, a poor gaming experience. Next year, I?ll be buying ESPN.
  3. Mr.BT
    Nov 25, 2003
    Nice graphics and gameplay. You'd think, in this day and age of computer rendering software, that ONE of these damn companies would be able to make a net swish and have accurate rim physics for dunks and three-pointers. Nope. Until they get those things right, keep renting games like this and ESPN and hope that basketball is taken to the next level like Madden has taken football.
  4. AnthonyH.
    Oct 17, 2003
    This game is a lot better than last year's but it's extremely hard to get used to if your used to playing 03. This game was everything I expected, and thats the problem. There wasn't anything extraordinarily good about it.

#71 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2003

1. Xbox Nation Magazine
    If there's ever been a better basketball videogame than NBA Live 2004, it resides on the Planet Degloop, yet unavailable for human pleasure. [Dec/Jan 2004, p.84]
  2. GMR Magazine
    The real star of NBA Live 2004, however, is the superb visual quality and the newfound ease with which players can call set plays and change defenses. [Dec 2003, p.84]
  3. This is the best version since "Live 2000" (a classic in my opinion) and I'm looking forward to see how the game improves in the future.