8.2

1. ChrisC.
    Jul 28, 2004
    While the gameplay was certainly enjoyable in Live, the bad graphics (ie black jerseys look gray) and inaccurate player ratings (Iverson couldn't make a bucket to save his life in this game) really bogged down the game, and made it, overall, a poor gaming experience. Next year, I?ll be buying ESPN.
  2. TomL.
    Jan 28, 2004
    This is the best bball game goin around man. Forget about inside drive and espn, they are no comparison ya know what im sayin. NBA live rocks mate, the graphics are unbelieveably true to life. I have started a season with the Rockets and am averaging 15 blocks a game with Yao Ming. Made some awesome trades and have already one 2 championships in my first 2 seasons.
  3. Mr.BT
    Nov 25, 2003
    Nice graphics and gameplay. You'd think, in this day and age of computer rendering software, that ONE of these damn companies would be able to make a net swish and have accurate rim physics for dunks and three-pointers. Nope. Until they get those things right, keep renting games like this and ESPN and hope that basketball is taken to the next level like Madden has taken football.
  4. MatthieuR.
    Nov 4, 2003
    Vastly overrated... I've played both ESPN and Live, and while both are a bit disappointing, Live is far more so. The graphics are PS one circa 1999, the control feels like a hockey game (sliding on ice) and the AI is retarded/incredible, with nothing in between. Not a bad game, but no ESPN NBA, either.
  5. JasonB.
    Oct 28, 2003
    Best hoops game I've ever played. Period.
  6. KeithY.
    Oct 22, 2003
    Much different than last year. Slower paced w/better low post action. Sliders allow complete customization for subs, fakeout discipline, game speed, shot accuracy, etc. The announcing is perfect, not annoying or repetitive, suprisingly good timing and wide range of dialog. Some have said there's no med-range jumper, not true - just not wide open jumpers. You can make jumpers 10-15ft Much different than last year. Slower paced w/better low post action. Sliders allow complete customization for subs, fakeout discipline, game speed, shot accuracy, etc. The announcing is perfect, not annoying or repetitive, suprisingly good timing and wide range of dialog. Some have said there's no med-range jumper, not true - just not wide open jumpers. You can make jumpers 10-15ft by elevating over a tight defender, pretty realistic shot percentages. The only lame thing is you have to manually load custom rosters - the CPU should do this at boot up. Come on EA sports, you did this for Madden, why not here? Expand
  7. AnthonyH.
    Oct 17, 2003
    This game is a lot better than last year's but it's extremely hard to get used to if your used to playing 03. This game was everything I expected, and thats the problem. There wasn't anything extraordinarily good about it.
  8. C.Fish
    Oct 14, 2003
    Good game but why in the world is Vince Carter on the cover? Put Dirk on the cover!
  9. JoeS.
    Oct 10, 2003
    The Best Game ever...forget the rest, I played this early, and it's simply incredible. WOW.

#74 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2003

1. Xbox Nation Magazine
    If there's ever been a better basketball videogame than NBA Live 2004, it resides on the Planet Degloop, yet unavailable for human pleasure. [Dec/Jan 2004, p.84]
  2. GMR Magazine
    The real star of NBA Live 2004, however, is the superb visual quality and the newfound ease with which players can call set plays and change defenses. [Dec 2003, p.84]
  3. This is the best version since "Live 2000" (a classic in my opinion) and I'm looking forward to see how the game improves in the future.