NBA Street Vol. 2 Xbox

8.8

1. SteveC.
    May 12, 2003
    The best thing about a game like Street should be that you have a chance to hoop it up with real NBA players and legends. I'm all for fast paced action and crazy dunks and all. I loved NBA Jam when it first came out and saw Street as a great opportunity to improve on the genre. But the problem with Street 2 is fatal. The fact is that the graphics make it impossible to distinguish The best thing about a game like Street should be that you have a chance to hoop it up with real NBA players and legends. I'm all for fast paced action and crazy dunks and all. I loved NBA Jam when it first came out and saw Street as a great opportunity to improve on the genre. But the problem with Street 2 is fatal. The fact is that the graphics make it impossible to distinguish certain players. I am an avid watcher of NBA basketball and could easily tell players apart, but yesterday when I was playing the Golden State Warriors v the Knicks, I couldn't tell Richardson from Jamison or Arenas, nor could I tell McDyess from Houston. The game doesn't help you since the annoying play by play fails to mention players names and there isn't an option to display players names at the screen's header. Sure, there are some players that will always be recognizable, like Yao or Shaq. But without something to convey the personality of the NBA's personality, this is no more than a souped up version of Street Hoops. If I'm overlooking something, please let me know. I would love for this game to be more fun. Expand

1. Deliriously frenetic and expertly calibrated. [June-July, 2003, p.82]
  2. Better than the original in every way, yet remains a perfect starting point for those new to the series - it's friendly, well presented and offers great value for both single player and multiplayer.
    An irresistible force that offers plenty of innovative in-game moves and controls, a comprehensive single player campaign and a multiplayer mode that'll turn even the best of friends into vicious enemies temporarily.