NCAA Football 2005 Xbox

7.9

1. SteveM.
    Jul 16, 2004
    Awesome Game! M GO BLUE (for Michigan fans like myself) and i agree that Kentucky is underated. That aside, a great game, definitely worth your time...
  2. JoeS.
    Jul 14, 2004
    This game is just like the 2004 version with a few minor tweaks and a few added concepts. Don't expect a revolutionary new football game. After playing for a few hours with a friend and against the computer, this game is frustrating. It seems much harder to get positive yards rushing and even complete a pass. On Heisman, don't expect to catch too many hail marys. The homefield This game is just like the 2004 version with a few minor tweaks and a few added concepts. Don't expect a revolutionary new football game. After playing for a few hours with a friend and against the computer, this game is frustrating. It seems much harder to get positive yards rushing and even complete a pass. On Heisman, don't expect to catch too many hail marys. The homefield advantage is totally a one-sided advantage. The home team can rattle and screw up the visiting team, but there's no balance to the game. The visiting team has no advantage to counter the "home-field" advantage. Luckily, though, you can turn off "home-field" in the options menu. In summation, I believe this to be a better game than it's predecessors, but doesn't measure up to the hype. Expand
  3. Brent
    Jul 14, 2004
    NCAA is a good game, but by no means perfect. Homefield advantage does get annoying some times, but it is possible to win away. The create-a-sign mode is kind of pointless, you just pick letters or numbers and they appear on a sign, wow! Defensive backs still drop way to many balls, and when there is a fumble both teams seem to have trouble just falling on the ball. It is a good game, but NCAA is a good game, but by no means perfect. Homefield advantage does get annoying some times, but it is possible to win away. The create-a-sign mode is kind of pointless, you just pick letters or numbers and they appear on a sign, wow! Defensive backs still drop way to many balls, and when there is a fumble both teams seem to have trouble just falling on the ball. It is a good game, but will not hold up to ESPN Football or its big brother Madden. Expand
  4. SeanR.
    Jul 14, 2004
    This game once again is great. Without a doubt it's still the best college football game out there. The on-line play is good and hopefully all the bugs will be worked out soon. Other than the on-line not quite being up to snuff this is still a game to get.
  5. ChadS.
    Jul 18, 2004
    I guarantee that if you do a "blind taste test" with 2004 vs. 2005, the 2004 version of EA NCAA college football will win hands down. There are a few improvements in 2005, but overall, game play has suffered. If you own 2004 and love it as much as I do, don't bother with 2005. Otherwise, if you're entertaining purchasing a solid college football game, 2004 can be purchased for I guarantee that if you do a "blind taste test" with 2004 vs. 2005, the 2004 version of EA NCAA college football will win hands down. There are a few improvements in 2005, but overall, game play has suffered. If you own 2004 and love it as much as I do, don't bother with 2005. Otherwise, if you're entertaining purchasing a solid college football game, 2004 can be purchased for significantly less than 2005 and it's simply a much better product, IMHO. I'm sure some moron who obsesses over the proverbial hype of "latest and greatest" will disagree. So listen to their opinion if you don't mind wasting your money. Collapse
  6. TJSeger
    Nov 24, 2004
    This game is freakin' awesome...buy it!
  7. Kyle
    Dec 9, 2004
    My very first impression when i played this game for the very first time was "Blitz 2000 for my n64 had better graphics than this!" and i still feel that way. I should have expected such, the nascar games are the only good games EA sports has ever came out with. ESPN NEEDS to make a college football game! this game is so bad its just a down right joke. I still haven't found a way toMy very first impression when i played this game for the very first time was "Blitz 2000 for my n64 had better graphics than this!" and i still feel that way. I should have expected such, the nascar games are the only good games EA sports has ever came out with. ESPN NEEDS to make a college football game! this game is so bad its just a down right joke. I still haven't found a way to make my QB run for it if I can't find an open WR, he just sort of suffles a bit and then I get sacked...where's the fun in that? the one cool part is making your own college, and making your own players...but its not too cool when the graphics are so pathetic. Don't buy this game, please... instead, harrass the nice folks at ESPN videogames and demand a quality college football game. Expand
  8. Uter
    Jul 24, 2004
    The game is well done, but I can't help and feel like it's been done before. It's not that exciting to see only minor adjustments from the previous year, unless you're a big time fan of the sport.

1. EA has kicked its game into overdrive; in fact, the only major flaw to be found here lies with the retread, obtuse, and strangely homoerotic banter between TV commentators Kirk Herbstreit and Lee Corso. [Aug 2004, p.90]
  2. Definitely a notable improvement over last year's offering and the new Home Field Advantage feature is marvelous, but the recycled visuals and mere handful of other additions may deter those who already own 2004 from purchasing the game.
  3. Contains more content pertinent to the college football fanatic and the end result is near perfection...I foresee NCAA Football 2005 online tournaments being huge, especially when the fall semester rolls around.