7.4

1. AlBacore
    Sep 29, 2006
    Unbelievably bad....words can't describe how disappointed I was at this mindless, multiple enemy overkill FPS. The game itself ran fast, but the poor graphics and detail likely helped this along. The level design was sub-par and it felt like the game took place in that "maze" screensaver for PC's. Possibly the worst FPS I have played.

1. If you're a Quake fan or crave a seriouser Serious Sam, this is one trip to hell you'll certainly want to take again and again.
  2. Painkiller: Hell Wars is the very definition of a mindless kill-crazy rampage, and while simple experiences certainly have their place, the time this game spent in development purgatory seems to have made even the high points feel limp.
  3. I like my FPS shooters to deliver a single-player experience too, and Painkiller: Hell Wars flatly fails in that regard. If you're looking for online deathmatch, Painkiller: Hell Wars is a reasonable purchase, but don't expect anything from the single-player experience, particularly, enjoyment.