Red Dead Revolver Xbox

8.5

1. Mar 28, 2013
    Rescued from cancellation by Rockstar Games Red Dead Revolvers strained development is all too obvious in the games lack of polish, both in terms of visuals and gameplay. Despite this there are enough interesting ideas in this third-person shooter to ensure it never becomes a chore to play and, if nothing else, it provided the template for the fantastic follow up Red Dead Redemption.
  2. Uter
    May 25, 2004
    This is a classic example of huge potential, but disappointing execution. The gameplay is too disjointed, and a little sloppy. The highlites include an awesome soundtrack, a perfect beginning story (The Outlaw Josey Wales), and a nice western theme everywhere. It's really a shame that more effort wasn't put into the gameplay. I'm going to be looking out for a sequel which This is a classic example of huge potential, but disappointing execution. The gameplay is too disjointed, and a little sloppy. The highlites include an awesome soundtrack, a perfect beginning story (The Outlaw Josey Wales), and a nice western theme everywhere. It's really a shame that more effort wasn't put into the gameplay. I'm going to be looking out for a sequel which will hopefully fix the probs. Collapse
  3. MichaelC.
    Jun 9, 2004
    Everyone is saying that this game didn't live up to their expectations...hmmm....maybe I was the only person who had really low expectations for this one. I really can't see making an awesome "wild west" game, and until someone proves me wrong, here I am. What can be said about RDR? How about this: the graphics are a joke, the story doesn't even approach uniqueness, and the Everyone is saying that this game didn't live up to their expectations...hmmm....maybe I was the only person who had really low expectations for this one. I really can't see making an awesome "wild west" game, and until someone proves me wrong, here I am. What can be said about RDR? How about this: the graphics are a joke, the story doesn't even approach uniqueness, and the (crappy) soundtrack gets old quick. The gameplay, you ask? Well, its not that bad, albeit repetitive. The levels they throw in for unique gameplay include a barfight (awful level), plenty of 'duels' (I still haven't figured those out yet), and levels where you can play as alternate characters, which aren't so bad. In summation, you really gotta be aching for a new 3rd person shooter to buy this one. Expand

#21 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2004
#15 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2004

1. Edge Magazine
    Gameplay purists may scowl, but Read Dead Revolver is a triumph for beautifully observed atmospherics, characterisation and slapstick set-pieces you cannot fail to enjoy. [June 2004, p.100]
  2. The lack of any real reason to play the game again once the final credits have rolled also manages to hamper the score. Red Dead Revolver is truly stellar fun whilst it lasts.
  3. AceGamez
    It's a very exciting and fun single player experience and great in multiplayer if you've got some buddies willing to play. If only they'd put it on Live…