soundwaveDec 1, 2005What is this? This game suffers from a huge amount of gameplay issues. The levels are extreamly poorly designed, they deploy every annoying aspect you could think of including the 'defeat x number of guys but you are now stuck in an area where you cant reach that amount' and 'OH MY GOD! Pits all over the freaking place!' mechanics. This makes the levels painful to play. The camera is probably the worse I have seen in a game in a long time. It never allows you to see enough of the enviroment to know whats going on and it tends to always behind something. The 'center camera' button does nothing but make it jerk around for a second or two. The guns are just weak. You cant aim your self, the game just seems to randomly pick targets for you to fire at. This is a great pain since the game attempts to play a good and evil idea. So you end up shooting everything in a sight ratjer then just the good or bad guys. This game was just a pain to play. It actually felt like I was being punished for playing it. Its a fustrating, slow, story disaster, poorly thought out, unfinished, pile of game poo. Stay away from this... far away.… Expand
Aug 30, 2013sega put a poll on their website to ask their fans what characters deserve their own game and shadow won by a landslide. like with all the creepy sexual fanarts, it's no surprise. but sega gave the shadow fans a big middle fingers up their asses by programming this awful game. i got stuck A LOT in this game wonder what the hell i was suppose to do.
Jun 20, 2013Shadow the Hedgehog is a mess of a game, and I'm surprised why it hasn't gotten a reputation that '06 has.
- Slippery controls that are extremely hard to get used to
- A story that has multiple confusing paths that are completely forgotten in the end for the Last Story, making a selling point of the game completely negated
- Completely forgettable music, and that's sad for a Sonic game
- Okay graphics, with mostly dark colors
- Gun gameplay that doesn't really add anything
- Freezing issues when playing on a 360 (it freezes a LOT)
- Multiple annoying missions (unless you're going neutral)
- Replay value that's annoying and pointless to do (I'm looking at you, Cutscene Library!)
If the things I've said don't make a difference, play the game for yourself and see how bad it really is.… Expand
From its stripping down of the series' most successful gameplay elements to its obviously desperate addition of weapons and 'street' cool this is still a product of a development studio with a good imagination. But also, it seems, a lazy one only too happy to jump on the same GTA bandwagon that's currently carrying way too many developers.