Silent Hill 4: The Room Xbox

8.3

1. AdamN
    Jan 30, 2007
    Its got ok graphics, and it can be a challenge but it is not scary...at all! To sum it up BOOO, are you scared, because if you are that is how scary the game is!
  2. Rick
    Mar 3, 2006
    I urge all of you to read this post. Don't buy this game, dont even rent it. One of the worst, most boring, clunky, ugly control scheme, slow paced, been done before games I have ever played. On par with the terrible Star Trek Shattered Union as one of the worst games Ive played on the box. Gave it a couple of (yaaaaawwwn) hours before giving it back to my mate in disgust. Hahaha I urge all of you to read this post. Don't buy this game, dont even rent it. One of the worst, most boring, clunky, ugly control scheme, slow paced, been done before games I have ever played. On par with the terrible Star Trek Shattered Union as one of the worst games Ive played on the box. Gave it a couple of (yaaaaawwwn) hours before giving it back to my mate in disgust. Hahaha sucker he should read reviews first. Expand
  3. DanwiseG.
    Nov 23, 2004
    I have never really thought the silent hill series was scary. This game is no exception. The sound can go from creepy sound effects to why is this music in this game and does this music actually go with the scene? The graphics are bland for xbox standards. Every level is a dark, fuzzy, hazy, mess. If this game had been released 2 years ago it might look good but at times it looks like the I have never really thought the silent hill series was scary. This game is no exception. The sound can go from creepy sound effects to why is this music in this game and does this music actually go with the scene? The graphics are bland for xbox standards. Every level is a dark, fuzzy, hazy, mess. If this game had been released 2 years ago it might look good but at times it looks like the first resident evil for the playstation. The cut scenes are good but are destoryed by the cheesy music and the strange story. The gameplay is terriable. You are running around with whatever weapon you're using and it just feels like the resident evil frachise but even more flustrating. Also the stupid store your item in a box thing has reappeared and you will often be making trips back to your apartment for items you need not to mention the lack of health healing items on EASY. The worst part of this game is babysitting your neighbor for half of the game as she and her stupid AI runs into your weapon or right into the enemies. The combat is weak and you never feel really at danger, the enemies are stupid at best, the resurecting ghosts are annoying; about the only redeeming quality of this game is the first person perspective in your apartment where you actually sometimes feel like you are in a world that's alive if not for the repeating scenes you see out your windows or in your neighbor's apartment. The story is strange and doesn't seem to be really at all interesting. Thankfully this version of silent hill has a story that makes a little sense but still leaves your head scratching. The multiple endings is a good idea but I didn't see any ending that was really that interesting. Why would you want to replay a game that's very little fun to play in the first place? This game is a rental unless you can make it through the bad gameplay elements, it might be a good game to buy. But be warned you might not want to replay this horror flick. For it's crappy gameplay, story, music, and graphics I give this one a 4 out of 10 Expand

#41 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2004
#5 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2004

1. While not all of the additional elements worked well, such as the awkward inventory limit, fans of the series and newcomers alike will still find much to appreciate and cower in terror about in the game.
  2. While there were definitely some changes to the game that I didn't care much for, such as the lack of radio/flashlight combo, perhaps the alterations were a good thing for the series overall.
  3. Dedicated followers of the Silent Hill mythology will find plenty to sink their teeth into with a solid eight-hour adventure and multiple endings, and the new "Room" mechanics and intriguing plot might even snare a few newcomers.