8.8

1. ArmandoD.
    Sep 5, 2005
    Now it's 10/2006... and still the best fighting game! I've had this game since it was released... and i am still playing it and it's great fun (specially with friend /s).
  2. WillB.
    Aug 25, 2003
    Snore, same old button mashing engine from way back AND ported to all systems to boot! Non-w00t!
  3. VanityV.
    Mar 17, 2004
    This game is so fantastic.Its so unique and very exiting.if i can rate it up to 20 i will.Hope this will be the game of the year.I like the character Talim beacause shes so cute like me(joke)and very energetic.I like the weapons there.
  4. AnthonyC.
    Nov 4, 2003
    Although it does seem like a remake it has kick @$$ combos and alright graphics the playability is asome and so is Link. So what if it has remake qualities and it's a little easier than I hoped for it still has playing time after you beat it.
  5. DavidG.
    Oct 4, 2003
    El mejor juego de lucha que existe actualmente. Simplemente GENIAL!!
  6. McBraddMcBreartor
    Oct 6, 2003
    Initially I thought, oh great, another button masher, but after playing for a few days I realized how deep this game is. It will take weeks to master EACH charactor. This is a must have for fighting enthusiasts, and a good rental for everyone else. My only gripes are the lack of blood (they're tearing eachother apart with swords for goodness sake!) and the game isn't a big step Initially I thought, oh great, another button masher, but after playing for a few days I realized how deep this game is. It will take weeks to master EACH charactor. This is a must have for fighting enthusiasts, and a good rental for everyone else. My only gripes are the lack of blood (they're tearing eachother apart with swords for goodness sake!) and the game isn't a big step forward for either graphics or sound. It's somewhat a remake of the previous iteration in the series. Even the charactor movements seem recycled. That aside, the game is very addictive and has great replay value in its RPG style single player mode. Expand
  7. PatrickB.
    Apr 21, 2003
    Gamestyle are idiots. It's SOUL CALIBER, and it's better than the Dreamcast version, with more characters, more unlockables, more, more, more. The grahics are sharper (how much of an improvement could you honestly expect to see?), and there are many more modes to play. People need to stop nitpicking and enjoy the game. IT'S EXCELLENT. THANKS NAMCO.
  8. KyoK.
    Jul 30, 2003
    I can't wait for this game to come out it has awsome graphics and great gameplay!
  9. Z.V.
    Aug 4, 2003
    This game is the S*** B****
  10. ANDREWA.
    Sep 23, 2003
    This game is awesome. Namco did a good job on all the characters, leves, graphics, and every thing else except for xbox live( i think they dont have it but if they do then sry) and the controls. Contorls are a little shakey but there are still better than game cubs and ps2s. So dont get me worng soul Calibur 2 is an awesome game!
  11. First
    Sep 8, 2003
    Still an amazing game. It may still have button-mashing insanity but you still can use many combos. The graphics are still amzing and the combos more graphic. It also features 10 game play features with the new Weapon Master mode where you travel around and get 200 well thought up weapons. always worth buying.
  12. DarrylN.
    Oct 29, 2004
    Great game especially VS a friend.
  13. Snackboy
    Feb 6, 2004
    To say the SCII is a rehash of the DC SCI does this game a serious injustice. Gameplay has been balanced. No character is better than any other character. The control has a better feel. The graphics are improved in scale and detail. Sound is awesome. New characters, and new versions of the characters' weapons. What more can you want? Oh, walls; new arenas; more vocals; more music. As To say the SCII is a rehash of the DC SCI does this game a serious injustice. Gameplay has been balanced. No character is better than any other character. The control has a better feel. The graphics are improved in scale and detail. Sound is awesome. New characters, and new versions of the characters' weapons. What more can you want? Oh, walls; new arenas; more vocals; more music. As far as you button mashers, sure you can pull off some interesting stuff by button mashing - but try to do it again. Button mashing fools get lucky sometimes, but they can never beat an experienced player. Anyone who likes fighting games - this is a must have. Anyone who does not like fighting games, at least owe this one a rental - on any console. Expand
  14. CameronS.
    Mar 1, 2004
    Best fighting game ever!!!! Shows that even though its not a patch for to the xbox one, the Gaycube can actually have a good game! Amazing graphics, just as good as Halo's. Could have had better arenas though and a tag team mode. Thats for Soul Caliber 3 then.Asta la vista Tekken!
  15. JPStuewe
    Apr 8, 2004
    Hi friends, SC2 would get a 10 from me, and as long as you're only playing against a friend it would even deserve a 20! But I am an average solo player and I feel deeply frustrated by this game, because the AI is simply too powerfull and unfair. I played Ivy about 1200 times. I learned her moves and finished the second run through weapon master mode completely. But despite of this Hi friends, SC2 would get a 10 from me, and as long as you're only playing against a friend it would even deserve a 20! But I am an average solo player and I feel deeply frustrated by this game, because the AI is simply too powerfull and unfair. I played Ivy about 1200 times. I learned her moves and finished the second run through weapon master mode completely. But despite of this training and my gathered experience, I couldn't beat more than 6 opponents in extra single survival with her up to now. On the other hand, I played Nightmare and Talim only once and could defeat 12 enemys with both. Don't know how I did it with Nightmare, but with Talim I used simple button mashing and in both cases I had no idea how they are really controlled. Learning Ivy's moves proved to be completely useless for me in the long run, because the computer controlled opponents don't give you any time to execute a complex combo. You have to rely on simple commands and sheer luck. What's even worse: The computer can predict your next move! I found this out with a simple experiment: Stand while blocking in front of an opponent, and try to get out of the block and do something else. As soon as you give up your cover, the enemy will strike and he'll almost always hit you, before you have a chance to do anything at all. There's almost no escape and no chance for you. No room for tactics, clever combos and real gameplay. If you could set the difficulty for every single player mode, the game would be fun for every type of player, experienced or not. But the difficulty can only be adjusted in some modes, so the game is only worth buying for hardcore fighting gamers and for those who are lucky enough to have friends with whom they can enjoy the two player modes. For these kind of players it's highly recommended, it's indeed a true must-have. But for everyone else who only plays against the computer, the game is an endless source of frustration, because you see a game that could really be great, if you only had a chance against the enemys who rip you to shreds with lightning speed. What a disappointment. I've never seen a game like this: Pure eyecandy, fantastic design, great features, motivating, all in all a hit with tremendious potential, but nearly unplayable in most modes, because of an AI that's truly inhuman. With kind and sad greetings from Germany - Your JP Expand
  16. ZakW.
    Nov 15, 2003
    One of the best fighters ever, hands down. Spawn also looks, sounds, and plays great. Can't find anything wrong with this game.
  17. MrGladiator
    Nov 26, 2003
    What a great game not goin to tell u how many hours i spent on this first off i was pleasantly surprised when i started weapons master i unlocked yoshimutsi sorry if its spelled it wrong anyway i give this game 9 out of ten for outstounding graphics and fight systemn i was hooked from the min i played it the only reason i havnt given it 10 out of 10 is the simple reson is i was pissed offWhat a great game not goin to tell u how many hours i spent on this first off i was pleasantly surprised when i started weapons master i unlocked yoshimutsi sorry if its spelled it wrong anyway i give this game 9 out of ten for outstounding graphics and fight systemn i was hooked from the min i played it the only reason i havnt given it 10 out of 10 is the simple reson is i was pissed off because i thought i completed weapons master then i had to complete it all over agin this game is excellent and has a very long life span just like halo it will make history in the gaming universe. Expand
  18. JustinD.
    Dec 5, 2003
    Best fighting game out there.
  19. SoulCalibur
    Oct 4, 2003
    Soul Calibur owns all games... Spawn would own Link any day of the week, week of month, month of year, year of generation, generation of millenium, against Eon. LINK SUCKS!!!!!!
  20. Andrewa.
    Aug 19, 2003
    Wow graphics awsome the acition is great and the contorls are far the best this beats all the rest of the systmes not by much but some.
  21. ChristopherG.
    Sep 11, 2003
    I am tired of my xbox games looking like shoddy ps2 games. I mean take one look at doa online. Now I will not argue that plability of SC is better, that I agree. But I will not reward any developer for being lazy, and won't reward this one for skimping on my system regardless of how good the game is.
  22. AndrewB.
    Sep 4, 2003
    This Game kicks mega ASS i mean SPAWN LINK and HEIHACHI what could be better but to the point the game is F**kin Awsome.
  23. CameronJ.
    Sep 4, 2003
    It's awesome.
  24. IdekO.
    Sep 6, 2003
    ...The weapon quest mode is the source of most of the games depth. I just wish The game gave you good reason to use all of the weapons you find. Each character has about ten but you'll only use 2 or 3. Everything else works well (the graphics, sound gameplay) though the xbox controller isn't ideal for fighting games. Best fighting I've played.
  25. Spawnppfft
    Jan 27, 2004
    This game is good, but compared to the gamecube version its crap simply because spawn looks gay while link is so much better!! Soul Calibur (the critic) you are wrong!!
  26. AB
    Oct 29, 2004
    This is an amazing fighting game, but the GameCube version is better (because you can play as Link).
  27. JohnA.
    Jan 9, 2004
    if you have an xbox this game's graphics are just as good as halo's and ivy, nightmare, and spawn are the best.
  28. JoeQ.
    May 13, 2004
    This is by far the best game of the week i rented it like 4 times and i beat it and then bought it to play it some more its the best.
  29. FredB.
    Oct 18, 2006
    The combos arn't right, they just don't work. I think this game is really over rated but, maybe I'm missing something.
  30. VictorN.
    Feb 19, 2008
    And.....guess what.....now it's 02/2008 and this game continue surprising me. Awesome game.

#6 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2003

For the vast majority of the gaming world, this is quite easily the best 3D beat 'em up ever made.
  2. Xbox Nation Magazine
    Unlike most 3D fighters, Calibur II's melee system isn't so mcuh an elaborate re-creation of the canned rock-paper-scissors style gameplay as it is a vast metaphysical playground giving players unprecedented freedom to create their own deadly techniques. [Oct/Nov 2003, p.88]
  3. Edge Magazine
    No other beat 'em up developer is quite as willing to experiment with the form in a bid to stave off the moribundity that's gradually subsuming the genre. [Import - June 2003, p.88]