Spider-Man: The Movie Xbox

7.5

1. LazyLewis
    Jul 7, 2003
    First of all! Even if this game had come out on the N64 back in the day I would have given it a miss, second of all, if it had not come out at all I wouldn't have given a rats ass, third and last of all, if who ever designed this game will admit it really, really sucks then we can all stop lying to ourselves and let the true lameness of this game shine bright!
    Apr 22, 2002
    I like this game better than the Dreamcast version because the graphics are wonderful. The older spiderman games seemed very cartoony and the controls weren't that good. This one offers very detailed graphics (right down to spidie's costume) and gives you more control and a bigger (not "so" linear) world to run around in. I also think this one has much more replay value than the I like this game better than the Dreamcast version because the graphics are wonderful. The older spiderman games seemed very cartoony and the controls weren't that good. This one offers very detailed graphics (right down to spidie's costume) and gives you more control and a bigger (not "so" linear) world to run around in. I also think this one has much more replay value than the others I have tried. I can see myself replaying a lot of the levels over and over again. (especially the aerial combat levels, very nicely done) The only things that keep this game from a 10 are that there are a few minor clipping issues here and there and that the camera can be a bit weird to get use to. However, after playing a few levels I had no issues with it. (using classic controller settings) Final note on this game, I see it as a keeper, and one that anyone wanting to be spiderman for a little while will enjoy. Expand
  3. WillB.
    Apr 29, 2002
    I have this version and the Gamecube one. XBOX is so much sharper and has 2 more levels! Can I sell my awful gamecube to anyone? Much beter on Xbox.
  4. Uter
    Feb 11, 2004
    The presentation is quite good, but the gameplay mechanics, graphics, and gameplay in general are very mediocre. The camera is frequently working against you too.
  5. AndrewE.
    Jun 19, 2002
    HOW THE %*&# does this game eat so much ass? How could it screw up the easiest premise to make a good game about? Flying around a damn city! Well I know how. BY MAKING THE GAME G$#@#% @#$$#@ING IMPOSSIBLE, AND PUTTING YOU INSIDE BUILDINGS! NOT ON TOP OF THEM!
  6. MadisonS.
    Dec 12, 2003
    The Spider-man game was cool I liked it. I think that it is a great game and that every body should play it.
  7. Feb 20, 2013
    I bought this game when I was very young and still remains one of my favorite games. The graphics, gameplay, story, and the action are wonderful. If you have not played this game before, the game doesn't follow the movie completely. I am okay with Movie License games not following the movie completely, but most find a way to screw up the game. Spider Man the Game is not like that. The gameI bought this game when I was very young and still remains one of my favorite games. The graphics, gameplay, story, and the action are wonderful. If you have not played this game before, the game doesn't follow the movie completely. I am okay with Movie License games not following the movie completely, but most find a way to screw up the game. Spider Man the Game is not like that. The game does take some elements from the movie, however it adds some fun entertaining levels. Some of Spider Man's villains from the comics make an appearance like Shocker, Vulture, Kraven the Hunter, Scorpion, and the main antagonist of the game, Green Goblin. The controls are very easy, the game gives you help on what your suppose to do, and it is just fun to play the game. The game does have many positive sides, the game also has a couple of negatives. The camera at certain points can be very "Wonky", the boss battles can be extremely difficult, and the campaign is really short. Even though there is negatives, Spider Man the game is fun and I encourage you to play the game. Expand

#56 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2002

1. Fun for the short amount of time it lasts.
    I love the fact that every Spider-Man ability I could ever want has been included in this game.
  3. Game Informer
    The action is blistering, yet the camera moves like a slug and requires constant maintenance from the player. Don't let this discourage you, though. [June 2002, p.83]