Star Wars Republic Commando Xbox

8.9

1. PCC.
    Mar 22, 2005
    I think this game was overrated. The team command was totally unnessisary and felt forced. Why do I have to wait for an icon to appear behind a bolder to have my guy snipe there? Why can't I tell him to snipe anywhere? On one level one of my teammates kept getting stuck on a rock. I had to restart the level. If you want to command a squad, play brother in arms.
  2. Jun 13, 2011
    I found this game almost impossible to play especially when you have to hold your squads hand every second giving you virtually no time to fight or defend yourself especially against impossible enemies.

The game is also to linear and the instructions aren't very good and there is no on screen help to get you going in the beginning like most games. I would only recommend this for

I would only recommend this for Hardcore gamers who have to play every FPS out there.
  3. Oct 27, 2012
    For big Star Wans only. Quite a boring and frustrating game really. I like games where you are not a lone warrior but the squad mechanics are not very good. Game-play can also be repetitive and boring.
  4. Obi-wanKenobi
    Mar 15, 2005
    great game but way too short! I wouldn't be suprised if LucasArts put another ridiculously short deadline on getting this game out and the developers didn't have time to add anymore levels, just like they rushed out KOTOR II. Or maybe they are just setting up for Republic Commando 2?
  5. LucasB.
    Mar 2, 2005
    Although the game has its moments, I have to say that I am a bit disappointed by Star Wars: Republic Commando
  6. James
    Mar 3, 2005
    Cool story line for star wars fans, but way too short of a game... I got through it in about 8-10 hours.
  7. RyanS.
    Apr 5, 2005
    Typical Star Wars elements are to be found here: sound, music, characters (no Jedi???), gameplay and blasters. A good game that lacks one major element: level design with "Depth".
  8. Nov 19, 2010
    A Star Wars game that doesn't involve massive amounts of jedi interference? Count me in. Set during the clone wars this game takes you through the eyes of a secret breed of clone trooper, known as the commandos. You'll travel from planet to planet, or area to area(of which planets have several) complete objectives and progress. Each commando has a different set personality which makesA Star Wars game that doesn't involve massive amounts of jedi interference? Count me in. Set during the clone wars this game takes you through the eyes of a secret breed of clone trooper, known as the commandos. You'll travel from planet to planet, or area to area(of which planets have several) complete objectives and progress. Each commando has a different set personality which makes interaction between them quite enjoyable and humorous. The gameplay is straightforward; shoot and give orders. You'll occasionally be separated from your squad and forced to go solo. This is in part where some things go wrong. Compared to being squaded, the environmental hazards all of a sudden become life threatening when interacted with, causing many unnecessary deaths. The graphics are well done, however it's the soundtrack that plays a crucial role in defining atmosphere around graphics. Most of the soundtrack is just re-hashed, episode one tracks. Large Difficulty spikes near the end also leave players feeling a bit cheated, as well as a cliff hanger ending, just leaves one unsatisfied. However if you like SW and FPS's I would give this game a shot. Expand

#7 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2005

1. Weekly Famitsu
    8 / 8 / 7 / 8 - 31 silver [Vol 845]
  2. Republic Commando should really be viewed as an incredibly solid, compelling, stylish title that has the ability of being able to be played over Xbox Live should you fancy it.
  3. What's most disappointing about the whole thing, though, isn't so much the lack of me-too deathmatch variants, but that LucasArts didn't bother to allow players to play the campaign mode co-operatively as Red Storm achieved so successfully in the likes of Ghost Recon 2, Rainbow Six 3 and Black Arrow... As it is Republic Commando deserves huge respect for managing to be the best Star Wars shooter ever.