Test Drive: Eve of Destruction Xbox

8.7

1. Trev
    Sep 3, 2004
    In terms of fun this game is great. sure its not ground breaking but thats ok. it the type of game you can pick up and play for 20 min stints. I have not played multiplayer yet but if its this good in single player i must get some friends round.
  2. EdM.
    Nov 8, 2004
    Career mode isn't so hot but the two-player mode is a blast. Realistic speed and dirt track driving make this a fun simulation/fantasy game.
  3. JJDadd
    Dec 1, 2004
    I've been a fan of racing games since a long time ago. I'm more into simulation than arcade, but I check everything in the market, from the nice Burnout series, Driver, GT3, GTA... even to the amazing and realistic GTR. I remember discovering a game called Destruction Derby. Perhaps ut was a little limited but... I love it! It was very fun. I've been looking for another I've been a fan of racing games since a long time ago. I'm more into simulation than arcade, but I check everything in the market, from the nice Burnout series, Driver, GT3, GTA... even to the amazing and realistic GTR. I remember discovering a game called Destruction Derby. Perhaps ut was a little limited but... I love it! It was very fun. I've been looking for another racing game like DD since them. DD2 was different, must faster but it lost the "magic" of the first one... I though that perhaps Flatout was the GAME... but no. Test Drive: Eve of Destruction is one of the funniest racing games I've ever played! And it is not only about the fun factor. It's about everything: the phisics of the cars is amazing, every car fells different. It is an arcade, of course, but it has some "real touch" that get you in. The graphics are nice. And the history is cool. I found that in a lot of reviews people say that there is no sense of speed. This game is not about sense of speed. If you want speed get Burnout 3, or even FlatOut. This game is about be in the middle of 10 cars and see a jump 100m ahead of you... them you step on the the gas and hit the car next to you, just a second before jumping. And them see in the mirror how 4 cars, flying, crash and roll behind you!. If you loved Destruction Derby missing this game will be an error. Let this game a rent and you will be surprise :) Its a perfect combination Expand
  4. Andyman
    Aug 27, 2004
    The wide variety of game modes, a career mode, and excellent car crunching gameplay make Test Drive: Eve of Destruction easily the best demolition derby game ever made. Don't let certain reviewers' bias against the genre keep you from buying TD:EoD... it is great fun all around!
  5. Uter
    Aug 30, 2004
    Underrated by reviewers so far... This one is just plain fun. There are so many great game types to choose from. It's perfect for multiplayer craziness.
  6. P.Niiice
    Aug 30, 2004
    Good gameplay...could use more challenge. Graphics are excellent. Physics are fantastic, even to the point of being able to sideswipe an individual tire rolling across and arena, and have it react correctly. Controls are excellent. Great variety of races. This is a very solid title, but not groundbreaking at all, and just a tiny bit unpolished-feeling. Very worthy, and a good addition to Good gameplay...could use more challenge. Graphics are excellent. Physics are fantastic, even to the point of being able to sideswipe an individual tire rolling across and arena, and have it react correctly. Controls are excellent. Great variety of races. This is a very solid title, but not groundbreaking at all, and just a tiny bit unpolished-feeling. Very worthy, and a good addition to anyone's collection. Expand
  7. Bugger1114
    Aug 29, 2004
    It is beyond belief how this game is being scored so low. It is the best demolition derby game to date! The numerous play modes have something for everyone and will keep the average gamer busy for months. One of the best Xbox purchases I have ever made.

#71 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2004

1. The multiplayer portion of the game is where the game does its best.
  2. Xbox Nation Magazine
    The problem is, driving crappy cars around dirt tracks as low speeds isn't very much fun at all. [Nov 2004, p.97]
  3. The best of the Test Drive series and a personal favorite. The game is realistic in execution. The music rocks. The gameplay is a blast.