9.0

1. Gammacee
    May 22, 2007
    Never before has a single player game kept me playing for so long. Still not bored...
  2. PaulS.
    Jan 16, 2004
    The Best RPG Game on Xbox. It destroys Knights of the Old Republic. You can do anything you want and when you want. It has great music, great gameplay, and great story lines. You can join many different factions or groups and complete their duites. BUY THIS GAME!!!!
  3. Macca
    Nov 19, 2003
    F...n awesome. get it. get it now. or die.
  4. Michael
    Feb 6, 2004
    This game is the bomb!!!
  5. DanH.
    Jul 10, 2004
    In my top 5 games ever.
  6. JoeD.
    Nov 19, 2003
    This game is the best game on XboX.
  7. Nathen
    Dec 14, 2003
    This game is a great open-ended RPG. I have never played a more detailed RPG. The amazing landscape makes this game look great!!!
  8. Aug 5, 2011
    This is almost a perfect RPG. Morrowind is open-ended, offers hundreds of quests, plenty of story lines, and the main plot is possibly the best I have seen in any game. In true RPG fashion you start with nothing but your shirt, pants and a stolen dagger, and you might end up as a force to throttle the heavens. The world is beautiful and varied - especially for a game of its age - and thereThis is almost a perfect RPG. Morrowind is open-ended, offers hundreds of quests, plenty of story lines, and the main plot is possibly the best I have seen in any game. In true RPG fashion you start with nothing but your shirt, pants and a stolen dagger, and you might end up as a force to throttle the heavens. The world is beautiful and varied - especially for a game of its age - and there is never a shortage of places to go, dungeons to explore, items to find and people to interact with. Regardless of where you go, you will be filled with a sense of wonder, and anticipation of possible rewards.

I would like to give Morrowind a perfect 10/10, but there are a few elements that needs to be improved upon for that (and fan-made mods have indeed been made). The most deterring aspect is combat, which severely lacks excitement, as you will find yourself chopping away with your sword or axe, smashing the same mouse button repeatedly until whatever is in your way is dead. There is no strategy to melee. Spell-casting would be fun as the spell book is far more varied than in the game's successor, Oblivion, but unfortunately you will find yourself lacking the mana pool to do prolonged combat with destructive spells and there is no mana regeneration.

However the problems with the combat system barely deters from the overall enjoyment of the game, as the story will leave you hungering for more. Whenever you complete a quest you will want to continue unto the next one, and whenever you travel the world - which you will be doing a lot - you explore every canyon crevice hoping to find something new, which you often will.
    The expansions have equally impressive story-lines. Bloodmoon offers a new, enormous landmass to explore, but sacrifices story quality (although it is still fantastic and engaging), whereas Tribunal is confided to one large city and its sewers, but with a story rivaling that of the original. Further the difficulty of the expansions is high, making them great for characters that have already completed the main quest. Unlike Oblivion there is no scaling, and the game does not hold your hand. You can fail quests, and you can kill ANYONE, meaning a particularly malicious player can mess up his own progress, by slaughtering important NPC's. This is not a critique, but an applause, as the game lets you experience the consequences of your own actions in a believable way. The game is fantastic and once you start, you might never stop playing. Eight years after its release and I still enjoy it as much as any game I've tried since.
  9. Jan 24, 2011
    This game made me buy the Xbox twice. I thought I had no use of the machine then I tried this game and just had to get another Xbox because I did not have a PC that could handle this game. I was introduce to this great franchise, a game that introduced me to what a real open world game looks like.
  10. JohnB.
    Jun 17, 2005
    All I can say is that certain people who complain about poor graphics or too many loading times in the game obviously have no one tom blame but themselves- It's pretty obvious that you need a GOOD computer to run this game. My computer runs it just fine, at 512 MB RAM memory, and this game is almost flwless. One criticism could be the fact that the difficulty curve is a little steep.
  11. DustinK.
    Nov 19, 2003
    Big additon to the original the expansions rock. I love being a werewolf and wiping the world clean of life over and over again.
    Jun 30, 2004
    Best game ever and loaded custimization, plus traveling all over the world takes long periods of time(sometimes even taking days). This is amazing with landscapes and the land is big and remarkable.
  13. Dbl90
    Jul 17, 2004
    Morrowind by itself is one of the best RPG's of all time. The conveniant and brilliant levelling system which has one only level in the skills they use.The stunning visuals and audio make one feel totally emmersed in the game. The game has hundreds of hours of gameplay and quests and even more just mesing around. Tis is done in part because Morrowind is a CRPG, and because of this Morrowind by itself is one of the best RPG's of all time. The conveniant and brilliant levelling system which has one only level in the skills they use.The stunning visuals and audio make one feel totally emmersed in the game. The game has hundreds of hours of gameplay and quests and even more just mesing around. Tis is done in part because Morrowind is a CRPG, and because of this you can do anything you want, you may have to face the conequences but the option is still there. Morrowind also has Now add the GOTY version to the picture, which contains two expansion packs and the main game. It is even worth buying even if you the main version. Each expansion pack adds many more hours of gameply to the experiance and will allow for a greater dificulty in play, greater variation, and will balance the game a little bit more. The new expansion packs offer items, and in the great morrowind tradition, more quests than you can shake a stick at. Although a great game Morrowind also has some problems. Morrowind has a big world as I mentioned earlier. The problem with it is that without a particular item or items, and a low speed skill it can take a long time to get to the middle nowhere as some quest require. Also, the game is buggy. Expect for the game to shut down randomly every once and a while and save often. Also, there are many complaints about the combat system. It isn't the best, and it isn't the worst it is bearable. If one uses magic or ranged combat or turns of always use best attack they can mix the combat up sufficiently so that it is fun. The third and final flaw is the game gets REALY easy after you hit level thirty. You can get a rediculous amount of cash, the expansion packs adress tis problem, but after they are completed there is not realy anything that will put up any fight. All in all Morrowind is a great game with some flaws, but still must have game for any owner of an xbox. Expand
  14. Bobjoe
    Sep 7, 2004
    I love this game, when i first got the orignal game i played untill i could beat everyone on the game. then i got the game of the year edition and there is just so much more to do in this game i just can't put it down not even to eat.
  15. Andrew
    Jan 9, 2005
    Give it an hour or two...you WILL be sucked into a gigantic world in which you will never run out of things to do. You see those mountains surounding the town you're in? You can climb them, and maybe find one of an endless supply of dungeons harboring a legendary weapon that has never been explored, and doesn't need to be, its like you are the first to ever discover it. GottaGive it an hour or two...you WILL be sucked into a gigantic world in which you will never run out of things to do. You see those mountains surounding the town you're in? You can climb them, and maybe find one of an endless supply of dungeons harboring a legendary weapon that has never been explored, and doesn't need to be, its like you are the first to ever discover it. Gotta friend not into RPGs? Let them massacre a village in their underwear, that should be enjoyable for any attention span. Expand
  16. RavenX301
    Mar 6, 2006
    I'm not sure what to say. It IS so massive and amazing that you have to give the game aleast an 8. I can't even wrap my mind around how the developers created such a huge, huge land and still keep realative good pacing. Still, the hugness of the game is also a downfall. The game is so large that its take up to a includeing 2 hours for some missions just in traveling and finding I'm not sure what to say. It IS so massive and amazing that you have to give the game aleast an 8. I can't even wrap my mind around how the developers created such a huge, huge land and still keep realative good pacing. Still, the hugness of the game is also a downfall. The game is so large that its take up to a includeing 2 hours for some missions just in traveling and finding your way around. I have to constantly look at the map over and over again. This now being 2006 in March I have yet to see another game of this scope come out. The combat system is...well....better once you get higer levels sense you acual HIT the target more than once every ten throws. Grahpics are a bit wierd in some places, mainly just the charater anamtions and how they move. However, This is still the only game sense Bluader's Gate II came out that you can really lose your self in all the extra stuff. It's like you can just simply come across a door in the hills on your travels and suddenly your on a quest for a hidden Gem or somthing. I love that. There has been no other sense BG II That i could ever entirly loss myself in and forget totally about the story. Again, however the traveling is so harsh. Most of the missions, no matter where you get them, leave you to go from one side of the map to another or inbetween. When you think about it, it is pretty real to have to travel for what seems like forever and the feeling that you get when you finally return to a life town instead of volcanos and rubel is priceless but in a game it seems just tooooo long for simple travel. There are ways like the mages guild and this large bug and boats that you can travel but its sometimes hard to always rely on them becasue they only take you to some places. traveling in this game does have it's good points. You see tons of cool places and new and wierd locations and going from place to place leaves you always looking at you map they give you with the manual and i find that rather cool sense it feels so much realer to me. Expand
  17. MrG.
    Nov 26, 2003
    Amazin game u play this game think about takin a month off this is a beautiful game excellent graphics fantastic ai. the only reason i gave it a 9 was the loading times weere a tad slow and didnt like the sword to sword combat sytem. Except for that a great game.
  18. MattD.
    Jan 29, 2004
    I love this game... not only do you get to be assassinated, or atempted to be should I say, but you can turn into a vampire/werewolf. If you are an imperial and you are an assassin, then you are the best. I almost got made dead, but I pulled out my sword and "slice", the guy was gone. I am so amazed by this awsome game, even though I don't have an x-box, I go over my friends and play I love this game... not only do you get to be assassinated, or atempted to be should I say, but you can turn into a vampire/werewolf. If you are an imperial and you are an assassin, then you are the best. I almost got made dead, but I pulled out my sword and "slice", the guy was gone. I am so amazed by this awsome game, even though I don't have an x-box, I go over my friends and play this, I'm at level 23, while he is at level 67. Either way I still think this game is the perfect RPG EVER!!!!!!!!! Expand
  19. TeeJayH.
    Apr 23, 2004
    Superior. This Morrowind is MUCH better then the original version, with new challenges, new armor, new missions, and new looks. And I thought the regular was better, this version has just blown me completely away. I'm STILL playing it, after about 2 weeks of straight playing hour after hour. Can't beat Morrowind, this game is #1 all the way.
  20. Masko
    Jul 10, 2004
    The game has great graphics and becoming a werewolf is very cool but it somtimes gets me confused with the directions but still this is a very good game.
  21. JamesS.
    Aug 24, 2004
    How Can you not like it. From costimizing your own hero, to picking your own faction, or becoming a werewolf or a vampire. Also tricking yourself out with your own armour and weapons is also really cool.
  22. DarrenS.
    Jan 9, 2005
    For everyone that thinks this game is bad, they can go eat a load of c***. The graphics are great the game play is awsome.
  23. Noodleboy
    Jun 17, 2005
    I like the fact that its a large map with lots of goodies myself, beening a hard core gamer, i believe this is one of the best rpgs i have ever played yet the lack of various creatures and the scarcity of traders with healthier check books makes it a little bit wrong so in short a rated m game with better graphics, gratuitous disembowlment, and richer people would make it much better but I like the fact that its a large map with lots of goodies myself, beening a hard core gamer, i believe this is one of the best rpgs i have ever played yet the lack of various creatures and the scarcity of traders with healthier check books makes it a little bit wrong so in short a rated m game with better graphics, gratuitous disembowlment, and richer people would make it much better but thanks anyway. Expand
  24. MikeK.
    Oct 3, 2006
    Truly a gaming masterpiece, in my opinion the greatest game ever made. Open ended gameplay, a positively immense world, multitudinous quests, great replayability, and a fascinating story line all add up to true perfection. This game will have you playing well into the night months after purchase.
  25. ScottH.
    Mar 13, 2006
    This game is awsome its amazing I love the way that you can just do anything you want to its awsome.
  26. KrzysztofK.
    Feb 21, 2007
    Top notch. The nearly open-ended story and huge world makes for a wonderfully long play time without being too massive (as the previous installments were).
  27. Rob
    Nov 22, 2003
    This game is simply the best fantasy Adventure game ever, so far. If you like games with wizards and magic and elves and creatures and treasure and magical swords and leveling up a character, there is no better game. The world is HUGE and so consistent with being an actual world. I can clear most games in one rental. This one took me three months at three hours a day to clear the main This game is simply the best fantasy Adventure game ever, so far. If you like games with wizards and magic and elves and creatures and treasure and magical swords and leveling up a character, there is no better game. The world is HUGE and so consistent with being an actual world. I can clear most games in one rental. This one took me three months at three hours a day to clear the main quest, loving every second of it, and there were still an enormous amount of side quests. Expand
  28. Mr.BT
    Nov 20, 2003
    The most ambitious console RPG in history. There are so many ways to go about playing this game that a review is purely subjective as to how the gamer plays it. But know this--no RPG world has ever been more expansive or daunting as Morrowind. None.
  29. Kabootle
    Dec 8, 2003
    An amazing game. Has a great story and hundreds of sub-stories and the game is huge. Its incredibly huge and has a gigantic variety of things to do, making potions, fighting, and anything you can think of. Only issue is slow loading times, occasional glitches, and the combat system isn't the best.
  30. DMX
    Jan 11, 2004
    Morrowind goty is one of my favorite games, but the only thing wrong with my disc is that it has like some inner water, and it keeps f...ing freezing.

1. These new options are perfect for the hardened "Morrowind" veteran, adding just the right amount of innovation to an already solid RPG, and fortunately, this edition is compatible with old save files. [Mar 2004, p.91]
  2. The depth of Morrowind's gameplay and overall design is matched by the audio-visual presentation. Hands down, Morrowind's soundtrack should be released on CD – once you've heard the opening chords you'll be humming it for hours after first booting it up.
  3. I love you, Bethesda. I eagerly await Elder Scrolls 4 and Call of Cthulu. Marry me.