8.6

1. JeriP.
    Jul 30, 2005
    I love this game I usually always watch the Simpsons but now I can play it!!! I love this game you HAVE to try it!!!
  2. SteveE.
    Nov 28, 2003
    The best simpsons game yet ! A must for all simpsons fans woo-hoo!
  3. ColbyC.
    Sep 18, 2003
    Sooooooo addictive. A truly "fun" game to play....
  4. Feb 7, 2012
    This is probably one of the best games I've played in terms of bang for your buck. I loved it when it came out as I'm a big Simpsons fan and completed it on the Xbox. Since then i've had children, they love it too, to the extent that I have 2 copies, one for the 360 and one for the old xbox. It's gameplay is such fun, so many areas you recognise, so much unlockable stuff, all the characterThis is probably one of the best games I've played in terms of bang for your buck. I loved it when it came out as I'm a big Simpsons fan and completed it on the Xbox. Since then i've had children, they love it too, to the extent that I have 2 copies, one for the 360 and one for the old xbox. It's gameplay is such fun, so many areas you recognise, so much unlockable stuff, all the character you like with most of the playable. It has varied driving missions, collectable cards and unlockable jokes. It just has so much replay value. Brilliant for age 4 to 44. A must for Simpsons fans. Expand
  5. Nov 16, 2011
    The Simpson's Hit and Run (which thankfully is backwards compatible on any Xbox 360 console that isn't an arcade) came out shortly after Grand Theft Auto III and clearly takes some queues from it. It's open world action (with no killing or any of that snaz), but still features usable vehicles, simple combat if you'd even call it combat, and a simple, but very fun mission structure. ThereThe Simpson's Hit and Run (which thankfully is backwards compatible on any Xbox 360 console that isn't an arcade) came out shortly after Grand Theft Auto III and clearly takes some queues from it. It's open world action (with no killing or any of that snaz), but still features usable vehicles, simple combat if you'd even call it combat, and a simple, but very fun mission structure. There are SO MANY EASTER EGGS in this game, and references to the show, and the game actually rewards you for finding them. The game also features a currency system, coins, which are all over the maps, typically in shortcuts, or as guides hinting that a certain part of the map is actually accessable. The easiest way to get coins is to destroy the bees flying around and destroy cola crates/machines. You are not rewarded coins for completing missions ore anything like that, they're rewarded for more creative things, like destroying the environment and destroying the flying cameras (bees). The game's also very user friendly, the game features hit and runs, which cause the cops to chase you erratically, and are actually fairly challenging to escape from, but the onyl way you can get a hit and run is by destroying way too much, or running down (not killing) too many pedestrians. The game is about 20-ish hours long if you're just playing the story missions. There's also a side-mission per stage, which unlocks a unique vehicle, as well as street races, which (by completing all 3 in one stage) also unlock a unique vehicle. Then there are the Collector Cards, there's seven hidden in each level, and it can actually be fun running around the city, having no clue where they are. I admit to checking youtube to find a couple of them. Collecting all of them in one level unlocks a track for a top down race mode based on the story's cities, there's not reward for winning them, but they're the only part of the game which allows multiple players to play against eachother, and AI in a race. Speaking of the cities, well, not really cities, it's all Springfield, but there are 3 areas in which the 7 stages are split into. 3 stages take place in Evergreen Terrace, which is the suburban area of Springfield, where you'll find the Simpson's house, cemetary, power plant and school. There's 2 stages in the downtown district which features the city sqaure (with Jebadaiha [I tried my best] Springfield statue), the city hall, police station, monorail (one of the tons of references to the show), the mini-freeway, DMV and more. And there's the bay area which features, Comic Book guy's shop, the docks, Krusty's studio, Frink's labarotory and more. You'll play as five characters; Homer, Bart, Lisa, Marge and Apu (Don't know why they picked Apu of all people). All of which have their unique lines, some of which are taken from the show, some just made for the game, and have unqiue traits, like their attack style, and others. You'll play as Homer and Bart twice, while you'll only play as the other characters once. There are a lot of purchasable vehicles and clothing (all unique to which stage you're playing on, meaning you can't buy the same clothes for Homer in his second stage, than you can in the first stage). There are usually about 10 cars you can get in each level (including a bonus vehicle, all of which reference the show, and are hidden, one unique to each level), and 3 clothing options. And although you'll play in the same districts more than once, each time, it's a different time of day, certain portions of the districy may become available or unreachable the second time around, so it doesn't really get repetitive, and let it be said, the districts are very well done, but so is the rest of the game. If you play the game on PC (Which I did the first time I played it), there are some glitches, which oddly, are not at all present in the console versions. These glitches include the ground disappearing, hitting random invisible walls that will cause you to fail missions (and are clearly not there intentionally) and the game crashes more often on the PC variant than consoles, but that's the same with a lot of games, right? Speaking of references to the show, let me say that one portion of the game is clearly based on the Treehouse of Horror episodes, and no, the setting isn't just there, it ties into the story. The game's story is surprisingly good, and actually, in many ways, better than a lot of the Simpsons you see on TV. Is this game with buying? YES! You'll probably find it for $5 or less now, and even true, if you don't watch the Simpsons, you probably won't like it as it shares the same comedy and makes TONS of references to the show, but even so, it's recognizable that this game isn't good just because it's based on the Simpson's. Not to mention, nothing beats childhood. Expand
  6. DaveyDJ
    Nov 3, 2003
    It's GTA Simpsons style!... Well, kinda... The biggest problem, is the lack of variety in the missions. Chase and smash up this guy. Chase and pick up stuff that guy drops. Get away from the guy chasing you... Are you starting to see a pattern? I mean, you wouldn't have thought it would be too much to ask for a bit of variety in the missions, seen as they didn't have to It's GTA Simpsons style!... Well, kinda... The biggest problem, is the lack of variety in the missions. Chase and smash up this guy. Chase and pick up stuff that guy drops. Get away from the guy chasing you... Are you starting to see a pattern? I mean, you wouldn't have thought it would be too much to ask for a bit of variety in the missions, seen as they didn't have to think of a concept for the overall game (just lift it from GTA). To have practically every mission (even the bonus missions!) to be a 'chase the car' type game is just unimaginative laziness on the game designers part! Yes, it's the best Simpsons game to date... But then saying something is better than utter rubbish isn't exactly a compliment! The gags are funny, and it's fun to get to drive round Springfield if your a Simpsons fan. However, if this was some generic GTA clone rather than a Simpsons licence, this game really wouldn't be up to much. To sum up, it's okay and funny in parts, but it's also way too easy in parts, and much too repetitive! Expand
  7. JuliusD.
    Sep 7, 2003
    The Simpons Hit and Run is such a good alternitive to GTA Vice City. Although Vice City is more violent it's graphics are extreamly bad. Simpsons Hit and Run would be my choice of the two games.
  8. AndrewW.
    Feb 22, 2004
    Hit'n'run is a great game good graphics and dialog but this game will get boring after a couple of days.
  9. CageS.
    Nov 11, 2003
    I give this game a solid 9. it has great graphics. i like the fact that we can interact instead of just cruising around we get to walk around springfield. a much awaited game and well worth the wait. the only down fall to the game for me would have been the fact that i don't like the way the camera kept moving. but over all excellent game.
  10. Uter
    Dec 20, 2003
    For simpsons fans I would say that this is a must own. There are a lot of original jokes. About as much as you'd find in a couple episodes. The gameplay is great, but maybe the goals feel a little cookie cutter.
  11. JasonE.
    Oct 26, 2003
    The simpsons GTA style. This games takes place in different areas of springfield. You'll play as Bart, Homer, Lisa, Marge, and Apu. I'm a huge fan of the Simpsons but the game got old very quickly. There is tons of funny dialog and little cutscenes that are worth it but its the same thing over and over again. Graphics are a 9, sound 10, music is a 5 (gets repetitive). I highly The simpsons GTA style. This games takes place in different areas of springfield. You'll play as Bart, Homer, Lisa, Marge, and Apu. I'm a huge fan of the Simpsons but the game got old very quickly. There is tons of funny dialog and little cutscenes that are worth it but its the same thing over and over again. Graphics are a 9, sound 10, music is a 5 (gets repetitive). I highly suggest borrowing this game or renting it first. I guarantee that you will be sick of it before you bring it back. If you're not a Simpsons fan then stay away. Expand
  12. SteveI.
    Sep 12, 2003
    I'm a hardcore simpson fan so i can't wait for this game.
  13. JohnK.
    Jan 13, 2004
    This game is awesome, expecially if you are a Simpsons fan! This game is Grand Theft Auto only funny and lighthearted! Lots of humor coupled with great gameplay makes this a great experience.
  14. George
    Jan 13, 2004
    This was a pretty cool came. The first few levels were absolutely awesome, but soon became routine. I did like this game, an wicked rental, but probably not worth purchasing.
  15. KeenoB.
    Feb 8, 2004
    I think this game has a lot of simpsons reality like the buildings are exactly the same and have the same inhabitants. I'd never been on top of the Kwik-E-Mart but now I've experienced watching the town from there. The home is good but once I drove the car through the side picket fence and couldn't get the car out. It even has Bart's treehouse. They have really capturedI think this game has a lot of simpsons reality like the buildings are exactly the same and have the same inhabitants. I'd never been on top of the Kwik-E-Mart but now I've experienced watching the town from there. The home is good but once I drove the car through the side picket fence and couldn't get the car out. It even has Bart's treehouse. They have really captured the Simpsons in this game and I like the fact that they put so much effort into it. Expand
  16. MichaelC.
    Jun 3, 2004
    Very fun if you like the simpsons on t.v.nearly as crafty as gta.
  17. ArmerK.
    Sep 7, 2005
    If you are a fan of Simpsons... this is great game for you, its very interesting to explore the Springfield... If you aren't a fan, this isnt a very best quality of games... Score: If you are a fan: 88 If you aren't: 69.
  18. DavidL
    Nov 29, 2009
    This game was the world for me when I was younger, it's Grand Theft Auto but more friendly to children. I don't think this game is very enjoyable if you're more of a serious gamer, though.
  19. May 4, 2015
    So much fun. Anyone born in the 90s was likely to have played this game in childhood/teenagers. I mean it's like Grand Theft Auto but with Simpsons characters; where can you go wrong?
    Well there are a few issues, such as glitches and some repetitive missions; however, overall, a fun experience.
  20. Apr 24, 2017
    A masterpiece of a Simpsons game. In Hit & Run, you get to play as a variety of Simpsons characters as you explore various parts of Springfield, it really feels like you are in their universe, the freedom is gratifying and the missions are so much fun!
  21. Nov 26, 2015
    This has to be one of the most fun, hilarious and addictive games of the decade! Driving around like a lunatic, getting chased by cops, and battling against evil aliens has never been funner!
  22. Sep 20, 2017
    Simpsons Hit and Run is an enjoyable game with many great aspects to it. The gameplay is similar to the Grand Theft Auto series in mission structure and mechanics. Although there are no guns or blood and the combat is melee based. You play in a semi-open world, which is broken into sections. You use many vehicles to complete missions and navigate the world. This is the bulk of theSimpsons Hit and Run is an enjoyable game with many great aspects to it. The gameplay is similar to the Grand Theft Auto series in mission structure and mechanics. Although there are no guns or blood and the combat is melee based. You play in a semi-open world, which is broken into sections. You use many vehicles to complete missions and navigate the world. This is the bulk of the gameplay, hence the title "Hit and Run" It is a sequel of sorts to Simpsons Road Rage but more open ended. There are also collectibles hidden around each area of the world. These include things such as Collector Cards, each of which has a reference to an episode of The Simpsons. There are unlockable vehicles, which you have to purchase with Buzz Cola Coins and can earn through races and side missions. This game is packed full of content and is faithful to the source material. The game was made with Matt Groening involved to give you the authentic Simpsons humour and charm. It has all the original voice cast reprising their roles and feels like you are playing a season of the Simpsons. The voice actors apperently even did a whole season of voice work for this game There are many secrets and jokes around the map that you will see if you are a Simpsons fan and the humor and charm will give you a good chuckle at times. It is a great alternative if you don't let your kids play Grand Theft Auto and they keep asking to. In conclusion, this game a must have game whether you are a Simpsons fan or not. Expand
  23. Oct 17, 2017
    Ah this game. This is a huge childhood classic to me. One of the best licensed games ever made and THE best Simpsons game ever.

I remember getting this game for my birthday and it delivered in every way. The graphics were so good for 2003. These were the cel shaded graphics that made the cel shade era popular from 2002-2004. The music fit the game's vibe so well and it reflects that.

I remember getting this game for my birthday and it delivered in every way.

The graphics were so good for 2003. These were the cel shaded graphics that made the cel shade era popular from 2002-2004. The music fit the game's vibe so well and it reflects that. The sound and voice acting from the beloved Simpsons cast was fantastic. It had the wit and the punchlines from the show and it was done well. The gameplay was a great satire of GTA 3. So much interactability like GTA 3. There was so much to do in the game: races, finding collectible cards, killing camera wasps, breaking buzz boxes for money, finding interactable buttons with punchlines and gags from the show, bonus missions and buying costumes from the show. I bought the game again because it was so fun and it had a huge effect on me.

The only thing I hated was the poor camera angles. It was so annoying.

A must own for Simpsons fans and GTA fans. You will not regret buying this game.

#19 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2003
#19 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2003

1. Weekly Famitsu
    8 / 8 / 7 / 8 - 31 silver [Vol 785]
  2. This delightful, deep, and detailed (but unfortunately not cartoon-style cel-shaded) rip on the "Grand Theft Auto" series critiques itself better than any untenured academic could.
  3. Xbox Nation Magazine
    Smooth controls top this delightful meal and tons of replay value make Hit & Run, dare we say it? Ehhh-xcellent. [Oct/Nov 2003, p.91]