Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Xbox

8.6

1. JeremyC.
    Nov 17, 2003
    Very nice graphics and an excellent idea for a game. But it stops there. First of all all the levels are ridiculously linear, and this is meant to be a stealth game? This game is full of try, die, and load again. It got very frustrating having to do the same things over and over again just to get killed in the same place. The A.I. is ridiculous. Sometimes you stand practically in broad Very nice graphics and an excellent idea for a game. But it stops there. First of all all the levels are ridiculously linear, and this is meant to be a stealth game? This game is full of try, die, and load again. It got very frustrating having to do the same things over and over again just to get killed in the same place. The A.I. is ridiculous. Sometimes you stand practically in broad daylight and they don't see you, other times when it is pitched dark they turn and put a bullet through your head. One time i had a gun to one guys head, i aimed at his comrade, over the guys shoulder, who began firing with an ak-47 at full blast I fell back dead while the guy i was using as a human shield walked away. Also it seems that if you throw a grenade at a group of guys if they notice it then it does no damage. More then a dozen times i saw a group of three or four guys so i threw a grenade they say 'GRENADE' and it blows up in their faces but they aren't hurt. Also this game is stuck in the middle of two worlds. I wish they had either made it more stealthy where their is very little action or else more SWAT like with infiltration and assassination. As is, it is ridiculous, in one mission you sneak through the entire level only to be confronted at the end by having to fend off an attack of over ten well armed guys while you are stuck with Mr. Cantaim Sam and his pathetic weaponry. Meanwhile three American soldiers stand at the back and wait for you to finish. The objectives and missions were more suited for an RPG or FPS, Splinter Cell needs to get some better designed levels and AI. Expand
  2. D.N.
    Nov 21, 2002
    Poor controls, bad camera add up to a frustrating experience. Excellent graphics though.
  3. SimonA.
    Dec 16, 2003
    Without doubt the greatest load of rubbish ever made for the xbox.
  4. LazyLewis
    Jul 7, 2003
    Yes the graphics are great! But the game play is Very, Very straight forward! I felt as if I was playing a movie, not a game. Were have the games that allow a bit of choice gone? This game left you a corridor and you had to go straight ahead! All doors locked! But graphics are still eye popping and sound is also up to scratch! Over all nice to look at! Boring to play!
  5. LilBo
    Mar 10, 2003
    Two words. Practically PERFECT! This game is incredible, beautiful graphics, great gameplay, challenging yet not too hard. My only complaint is the camera. It's rather annoying.
  6. MattR.
    Aug 1, 2003
    At times infuriatingly difficult (CIA level, anyone), this game is also the most rewarding. The graphics are stunning, and arguably the best on any platform, ever. The lighting is incredible, and adds what Metal Gear lacks: realistic tension. I also enjoyed the real-life mood of the game, from the one-shot one -kill approach, to the concept of sound being a give-away, to the lack of At times infuriatingly difficult (CIA level, anyone), this game is also the most rewarding. The graphics are stunning, and arguably the best on any platform, ever. The lighting is incredible, and adds what Metal Gear lacks: realistic tension. I also enjoyed the real-life mood of the game, from the one-shot one -kill approach, to the concept of sound being a give-away, to the lack of idiotic level-end bosses. When will the Metal Gear series (and Nintendo, for that matter) grow up and realize that an espionage thriller loses all luster when after skulking around with your mullet, you have to shoot a certain character 243 times in the head in order to keep playing? That is SO 1988! Expand
  7. Mark
    Jul 14, 2004
    I dont know what is so amazing in this game. I think Splinter Cell is good game, but not so good what everybody say.
  8. JesperN.
    Nov 19, 2002
    This is Game of the Year.
  9. J.Smile
    Nov 29, 2002
    Splinter Cell is o.k, but NOT exceptional!! The gadgets and the stealth actions are pretty cool. The game itself is quite linear to play..... Well, maybe I just have to wait for HALO 2....
  10. VitalyK.
    Dec 10, 2002
    One of the best games for X-box out there the visuals are awesome if not the best ever the story mode is complex and really deep once you get into the game. There are many gadgets and weapons that changes gaming in every espect possible. The levels are long if not huge and deeply designs along with the most beautiful lightning affects ever. You could play with the curtains for hours. The One of the best games for X-box out there the visuals are awesome if not the best ever the story mode is complex and really deep once you get into the game. There are many gadgets and weapons that changes gaming in every espect possible. The levels are long if not huge and deeply designs along with the most beautiful lightning affects ever. You could play with the curtains for hours. The control is easy and not hard to get everything alse about the game that i mentioned is also great. i think this is a must have game for the year and for the holiday season. Expand
  11. AlexP.
    Feb 24, 2003
    Amazingly fun game! Best graphics ever, neat gadgets. My only wish is that I wish I could save anywhere, but the current system is not too bad. Some parts took me days to complete. Wish more games looked and played this smoothly. The controls could be a little more intuitive.
  12. HoraceP.
    Apr 30, 2003
    This game was one of the best I've played on the XBOX. There were some missions that were not givin enough instruction, but overall it was an awesome game.
  13. BubbaFresh
    Apr 5, 2003
    8.4 user rating with 62 votes is an insult to this spectacular game.
  14. M
    May 30, 2003
    Ronald A., before you start rambling on about a game you dislike, use some DAMN periods. Everything you typed was practically gibberish.
  15. MatthijsOtterden
    Jun 1, 2003
    It's just a top game!!
  16. DerekO.
    Jan 11, 2004
    Awesome.
  17. CarloL.
    May 6, 2004
    If you give this game a rating lower than a 10, then you suck balls.
  18. AdamR.
    Dec 2, 2002
    This game is really good. It is so realistic.
  19. TomC.
    Dec 3, 2002
    This is truly a great game!!! 2 bad I only have the demo. I am getting the real game very very very very very soon!!!I play the demo like 5 times a day!!!
  20. CraigP.
    Dec 4, 2002
    In one word: amazing.
  21. PatI.
    Dec 8, 2002
    Can't imagine a much better game. It's the game I've been waiting for - Stealth, action, and realistic environments. I thought Metal Gear Solid 2 was the King of Stealth/Action but Splinter Cell has definitely unseated it - - very convincingly I might add. Whilt Halo was an excellent shooter, this game hits all the right buttons. (I like the dark environments and story line Can't imagine a much better game. It's the game I've been waiting for - Stealth, action, and realistic environments. I thought Metal Gear Solid 2 was the King of Stealth/Action but Splinter Cell has definitely unseated it - - very convincingly I might add. Whilt Halo was an excellent shooter, this game hits all the right buttons. (I like the dark environments and story line better -But Halo is great for multiplayer) Expand
  22. Mike
    Apr 14, 2003
    Splinter cell is a verry cool game only sometimes a bit to difficult. and bullits...... there must be more bullits in the game because i only found bullits once in the game and i am at the third or fourth mission (government building at the elevator)
  23. AndrewZ.
    Apr 29, 2003
    Perfect game. Stealth simulation taken to the extreme! Definitely a "must have".
  24. ChristianO.
    May 1, 2003
    The only almost-meaningful problem with the game is the limbs going through walls. Love everrything else. OPSAT isn't in color, and I wonder why. My PDA is in Color.
  25. LesliePoo
    Jun 24, 2003
    What is the hype all about, it isn't that ''special''... the graphics are (compared to other games) not as good and astounding, it also got a lot of bugs wich don't give splintercell that ''special'' award, but its one hell of a spy game, its just that I really don't like way it's so lineair and boring... the sound reaaly makes What is the hype all about, it isn't that ''special''... the graphics are (compared to other games) not as good and astounding, it also got a lot of bugs wich don't give splintercell that ''special'' award, but its one hell of a spy game, its just that I really don't like way it's so lineair and boring... the sound reaaly makes me pissed because it is always the same shite the german-like voices say, "Get out, there must be arbeit" or something dopey they say, damn get it right with your games now!!! Don't get mad and looney because it isn't my type of game, end of story Expand
  26. J.Hill
    Jul 25, 2003
    It is awesome, pure and simple. Those who complain about the clipping and physics (bodies going through walls) are ignorant as to software development. Is it irritating? Yes. Is it a worth-while trade off for what the devs spent their time and energy on? ABSOLUTELY! Same thing with the linearity issue. I don't like it either, but I am educated enough on games and software in general It is awesome, pure and simple. Those who complain about the clipping and physics (bodies going through walls) are ignorant as to software development. Is it irritating? Yes. Is it a worth-while trade off for what the devs spent their time and energy on? ABSOLUTELY! Same thing with the linearity issue. I don't like it either, but I am educated enough on games and software in general to understand that it was a design choice, not a short coming. When you see what the designers and devs have done in this game, it is pretty obvious to anyone with common sense why they had to design it in a linear fasion (perhaps to release it sometime this decade?). If you are tentative and may not like stealth/spy genre, go rent it. If you are into the black-ops genre, quite thinking and go get this game, you will not be disappointed. Expand
  27. Josh
    Aug 24, 2003
    Very nice looking game. Best in stealth ever,but I'm not real happy with games that a player has to have a strategy guide before the 3rd level. Very hard, probably because you have to do what the exactly what the game allows, nothing more nothing less!!!!!!
  28. JeffM.
    Dec 8, 2004
    This game rocks it changed the way I look at stealth gaming and I still have yet to play Pandora Tomorow but I know it will be good.
  29. JayZ.
    Feb 3, 2004
    A spectacular piece of eye candy, no doubt, but the AI was either too smart for humans or too incompetent for 3-year olds. Good storyline but way too much trial and error. Its just too bad there isn't an online co-op mode too play around with like Socom. Great game that just lacks depth.
  30. HitmanD.
    Apr 18, 2004
    Awesome game, all the people rating it below 9 are doing so cos they sucked at it and find it too hard.

#1 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2002
#1 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2002

If ever there was a game to show off the Xbox, this is it.
  2. This is a very linear game, and... one can't but feel it's a wasted opportunity to limit the player's freedom in choosing how to approach a situation.
    Realistic scenarios in realistic environments add to Splinter Cell’s tantalizing world of covert operations. With a strong overall package of incredible features, the stealth/action genre has a new hero.