True Crime: Streets of LA Xbox

7.8

1. Dave
    Nov 5, 2003
    Well first of all, I think it's a great game. very expansive, with certain cars more predominant in certain areas of the enormous map. At first I was thinking the game kind of sucked. Took some getting used to the controls, and you need to go to the upgrade places to learn new skills, which ultimately make the game much better, and adds incentive to go about the city and solve random Well first of all, I think it's a great game. very expansive, with certain cars more predominant in certain areas of the enormous map. At first I was thinking the game kind of sucked. Took some getting used to the controls, and you need to go to the upgrade places to learn new skills, which ultimately make the game much better, and adds incentive to go about the city and solve random crimes to earn these upgrades. The only agitating thing is when some little bastard makes a run for it and you have to chase his ass all over the place, just to have him steal someone else's car if you're not careful and drive off in it. Cool stuff though, drive around town, shoot out tires to stop a vehicle, or the gas tank for an interesting outcome. The AI drivers also seema little more intelligent, clog up a road? they'll back up and try to drive around, or run over you if you don't pay attention. Annoying sometimes? yes. But more interesting for sure. Overall it's a fun game with tons of replay value, and incentive to go on. Expand
  2. RavenX301
    Nov 10, 2003
    P.S---WAY better then Vice City (A.K.A- way more depth)
  3. GamerBoy
    Sep 17, 2004
    I like this game because it is Huge in the citys. The game has 400 miles of map witch i think is very good for a Xbox game. but they have not a very BIG database of people that walk the streets. I think the fuuny bit of this game is the way you can stop the people and check them it's cool. Also the way that nick fight it very cool, i would gave the sorryline a 7 out of 10 because it I like this game because it is Huge in the citys. The game has 400 miles of map witch i think is very good for a Xbox game. but they have not a very BIG database of people that walk the streets. I think the fuuny bit of this game is the way you can stop the people and check them it's cool. Also the way that nick fight it very cool, i would gave the sorryline a 7 out of 10 because it is all the same for game of this sort! and do you not think they the "game maker" so have put in better car or for all those gta loavers out there a honda V1 bike I like this game in the whole but they may have to edit bits for the next True Crime game Thanks, GAMERBOY Expand
  4. Jimbob
    Cool.
  5. MatthewS.G.
    Nov 11, 2003
    I would like to give it a 10, but ever since I got it, it's been giving me all these damned DISC READ ERROR messages, I wonder if anyone else has this problem?
  6. BrianK.
    Nov 11, 2003
    True Crime Streets of L.A. is a really great game!! Way bigger,better,and more depth than GTA3 and Vice!! U just gotta get this game for Christmas!!!!!
  7. ThijqD.
    Nov 6, 2003
    This game is great!
  8. DanT.
    Nov 6, 2003
    Great stuff...takes a couple hours to really "get it". By that I mean, you have to know which crimes you're capable of responding to without killing anybody -- because if you accidentally kill dudes you lose points, and you need points in order to "level up" your skills, which make everything easier. Graphics are basically flawless...the one thing that really warrants frustration (so Great stuff...takes a couple hours to really "get it". By that I mean, you have to know which crimes you're capable of responding to without killing anybody -- because if you accidentally kill dudes you lose points, and you need points in order to "level up" your skills, which make everything easier. Graphics are basically flawless...the one thing that really warrants frustration (so far) is the camera. All the controls are fully customizable, except for the horizontal movement on the right thumbstick. I haven't gotten used to it turning left when I think it'll go right, but that just takes practice. Complicated controls, which usually makes for a better game (I think) . There's tons of stuff to do. In summation, I have to mention how cool it is when you're busting a criminal and he jacks a car, so you jack a car and chase after him, firing your gun out the window, etc. It's like a cop movie...and very well done. Highly recommended. Collapse
  9. TarasI.
    Nov 7, 2003
    this game is the best ,sweet graphics and game play .P.S.beter then vice city.
  10. PaulI.
    Nov 11, 2003
    This game is 1 of the best games ever. exceeds gta in everyway, the blowing up cars (wiv a nicely timed shot to the gas tank) the fightin sequences ....everything is amazing. u have to own this game! u choose to be a bad or good cop , u choose to arrest, kill shoot or neutralize shoot ur criminals. frisk people whenever you want makes u feel that bit more like a cop! get it!!
  11. MarcusC.
    Nov 16, 2003
    True Crime is just a few steps away from perfection. Yes this game has it's problems but what game doesn't.Most of the reviews that I see online try to compare this game to GTA series. Which is just plain stupid. Both Vice city and True Crime are great games but just because you can drive and shoot in a game doesn't make them similiar or linked more than tennis games to True Crime is just a few steps away from perfection. Yes this game has it's problems but what game doesn't.Most of the reviews that I see online try to compare this game to GTA series. Which is just plain stupid. Both Vice city and True Crime are great games but just because you can drive and shoot in a game doesn't make them similiar or linked more than tennis games to hockey games.I say that if you cant decide: TAKE THEM BOTH! Bottomline is that: True Crime is an excellent game with endless amount of playtime due to the random crimes engine. Go buy it! Expand

#23 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2003

1. But undeniably, Luxoflux have delivered BIG on their biggest undertaking to date, and have thus elevated True Crime: Streets of LA to sequel-worthy status.
  2. Edge Magazine
    As a place, Los Angeles simply isn't as much fun as Liberty or Vice. Too much of this silicon LA exists simply because the designers wanted to show that it could be done rather than because it serves any gameplay purpose. [Christmas 2003, p.107]
  3. The hand-to-hand combat is, despite a handful of unlockable combos, pure button-mashing chaos. There's a clever fight in which you shove your opponent into a fiery stove, but that's the only strategic scrap.