13 Assassins

7.9

1. May 10, 2011
    is a brutal and bloody film, hmm but it was not the great movie because I miss and history so to say the same of the Eastern battles. Maybe it was the final battle well prepared, generally a good movie to entertain a Tuesday night =)
  2. Mar 11, 2013
    There is nothing special about this movie, I don't see the appeal. The main heroes are honorable and strong fighters, but none have any personality so it's impossible to feel any emotion when any of them die. The main villain is also one-dimensional with no personality, so there's no emotion when he dies either (and it's obvious he will die, so at least make him compelling). The productionThere is nothing special about this movie, I don't see the appeal. The main heroes are honorable and strong fighters, but none have any personality so it's impossible to feel any emotion when any of them die. The main villain is also one-dimensional with no personality, so there's no emotion when he dies either (and it's obvious he will die, so at least make him compelling). The production value for a Japanese film is very good, but the content is very shallow. Expand
  3. Sep 3, 2012
    With a metascore of 80, I was expecting a something special. I got really desappointed.12 Samurai walking and slashing dozens of minions like they were not here. No suspense whatsoever, fake battles with enemies dropping like flies while the protagonists stay unharmed(we are talking about samurai fights of one vs 20), and cheesy humour made me regret to have started to watch it. It mightWith a metascore of 80, I was expecting a something special. I got really desappointed.12 Samurai walking and slashing dozens of minions like they were not here. No suspense whatsoever, fake battles with enemies dropping like flies while the protagonists stay unharmed(we are talking about samurai fights of one vs 20), and cheesy humour made me regret to have started to watch it. It might be a Japanese way of filming, but it's been done way better before("Zatoichi"(with Shintarō Katsu) or the "7 Samurai"( Akira Kurosawa) Have everything this movie misses : Realism... Expand

1. Reviewed by: Marc Mohan
    Jun 2, 2011
    It may not be the most memorable saga put on film, but as far as Miike is concerned, it doesn't have to be.
  2. Reviewed by: Scott Tobias
    Jun 2, 2011
    The great Kôji Yakusho stars as a revered samurai who decides that enough is enough, and sets about assembling the assassins of the title like a men-on-a-mission movie.
  3. Reviewed by: Sean OConnell
    May 27, 2011
    Does Guinness World Records have an entry for longest on-screen fight? If it doesn't, Takashi Miike's 13 Assassins just set it. And if a record actually exists, Miike's film just broke it.