7.4

1. JacquelineH.
    Nov 7, 2004
    I love this movie, it shows you the true values of growing up, not to take things for granted and to just live life and have fun while your younge, so you can grow up into a wonderful person like jenna did after she realized who she really became.
  2. IdelkaR.
    Sep 10, 2006
    Jen Garner is a great actress. Her performance in movie was really enchanting.
  3. IlzeS.
    Dec 26, 2004
    Excellent movie, but not as good as other movies like this. Jennifer Garner is best star of this movie and this movie is really funny.
  4. JulieW.
    Aug 12, 2004
    Great acting! i love it!
  5. MikeB
    Jan 8, 2005
    Possibly the best made, most honest and cute romantic comedy ever. Jennifer Garner puts Julia Roberts to shame in an unforgetable role - definately buy this one.
  6. Oct 7, 2010
    I actually really thought this movie was cute! I've watched it a few times already..and I'll watch it again someday! I liked it! Jennifer Garner also played her role great! I love how she acted as a 13 year old in it, it's a good family movie. That will also give you a few laughs!
  7. Mar 27, 2012
    This was one of the first comedies that made me realize comedies were becoming something more than just laugh machines. I think a skewed sense of time is irrelevant when you are in the genre of fantasy, which this is. The morals that it presents but does not shove down your throat are impeccable and everyone would live happier lives if they listened to the message in this movie. It isThis was one of the first comedies that made me realize comedies were becoming something more than just laugh machines. I think a skewed sense of time is irrelevant when you are in the genre of fantasy, which this is. The morals that it presents but does not shove down your throat are impeccable and everyone would live happier lives if they listened to the message in this movie. It is never too late to be a better person and choose quality over quantity. Expand
  8. Oct 9, 2014
    Não tenho ideia de quantas vezes assisti esse filme, por ser tão bom. Toda a história passa de apenas um sonho e não é nada novo, claro, mas o filme é cativante até o final.
  9. TonyB.
    Apr 24, 2004
    This movie was fun and Jennifer was great. Can't think of any way it could have been done better. Got a few really good laughs (and not at anyone's expense), had its touching moments, and everything went exactly as it would have if I had written it. My only complaint is that I would have liked it to go a little longer - perhaps play out a few scenes a little more.
  10. MeganO.
    Apr 26, 2004
    How refreshing to see a "thirteen year old" (Garner's character) be modest and sweet v. the modern portrayal of teens as sex-crazed and defiant!! Great movie!
  11. ChadS.
    Jul 19, 2004
    "13 Going on 30" tells a story with popular song. Talking Heads' "Burning Down the House" represents Sean's utter uncoolness to the popular kids at Jenna's thirteenth birthday party. As adults, the use of "I Wanna Dance with Somebody" by Whitney Houston becomes significant because David Byrne has been known to cover the song at his concerts. The song accompanies the scene "13 Going on 30" tells a story with popular song. Talking Heads' "Burning Down the House" represents Sean's utter uncoolness to the popular kids at Jenna's thirteenth birthday party. As adults, the use of "I Wanna Dance with Somebody" by Whitney Houston becomes significant because David Byrne has been known to cover the song at his concerts. The song accompanies the scene in which Jenna gets dressed for the company party, but it works as foreshadowing to Matt's admission at his wedding that he had always loved her. If you're aware of this musical connection, "13 Going on 30" becomes a richer experience, because Whitney Houston and the Talking Heads are polar opposites, like Matt and Jenna were in high school. The tribute to Michael Jackson is fun, but it's Jennifer Garner's recitation of "Love is a Battlefield" by the great spandexed bard Pat Benatar, and taking "life of the slumber party" honors as she incites the girls to sing and dance to that hideous video, which floored me. Christa B. Allen does a fine job of setting the stage for Jennifer Garner, who is absolutely winning as a reformed bitch, the bitch we never see, but intimate in the quivering eyes and lips of her secretary (Marcia DeBonis). Through Arlene, Jenna's backstory comes alive. "13 Going on 30" has lapses in logic, but so did "Donnie Darko". My biggest quibble: I'd like to know what the second version of the adult Jenna does for a living. Expand
  12. AusinA.
    May 8, 2005
    Both cute and spunky.

1. Does a good job of reviving stale material. Thanks to a snappy script by Josh Goldsmith and Cathy Yuspa and an effervescent performance by Jennifer Garner, this romantic comedy has a buoyant personality.
  2. Reviewed by: Joe Leydon
    A star vehicle composed of second-hand parts that nevertheless gets great mileage (and big laughs) from its recycled plot.
    Cheers and many happy returns to Garner as she makes her first starring film role. She's the real deal. But jeers to every other aspect of 13 Going On 30.