Columbia Pictures | Release Date: March 16, 2012
8.0
Generally favorable reviews based on 920 Ratings
WATCH NOW
russiangamerDec 24, 2016
Вполне хорошая комедия на вечерок, смешная и эпичная, но имеет просто кучу клише и штампов - это относится к сюжетным поворотам и к некоторым шуткам.Вполне хорошая комедия на вечерок, смешная и эпичная, но имеет просто кучу клише и штампов - это относится к сюжетным поворотам и к некоторым шуткам.
PetitBikiniOct 29, 2016
At first, I was suspicious at this movie. It reeked of unoriginality and cliches. But then I kinda liked it. Quite a bit. "21 Jump Street" proves that a comedy can actually still be good just by following the good old structure that's beenAt first, I was suspicious at this movie. It reeked of unoriginality and cliches. But then I kinda liked it. Quite a bit. "21 Jump Street" proves that a comedy can actually still be good just by following the good old structure that's been used since forever. Expand
MasterRileyAug 10, 2016
21 Jump Street has brilliant casting of Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum. The directing and writing are also top notch making this one of my all time favourite comedies. I would recommend this movie to all.
aadityamudharApr 17, 2016
21 Jump Street goes for a lot of laughs, and most of the gags hit their mark. The film satisfies as wish fulfillment; the chance to go to high school and gain acceptance from the in-crowd, and pass all the hard classes to feel smart. There's21 Jump Street goes for a lot of laughs, and most of the gags hit their mark. The film satisfies as wish fulfillment; the chance to go to high school and gain acceptance from the in-crowd, and pass all the hard classes to feel smart. There's also an element of schadenfreude watching the once-popular Jenko--who was a jerk to Schmidt--get his comeuppance as he lives as a social outcast, while Schmidt gets much of the glory in their detective work. Where 21 Jump Street stumbles is in its storytelling. A subplot about Jenko's flirty chemistry teacher doesn't pay off because it gets dropped midway through (the conclusion, and footage during the end credits suggest there's more to it). It should also be mentioned that the action sequences aren't exciting, and a fight scene is shot too close in that blasted Shaky-Cam that's making its rounds as of late. However, such considerations are in some ways moot. 21 Jump Street is a class clown of a movie, just trying to get a laugh. Expand
AaronWasserman1Mar 26, 2016
Blown away! No expectations what so ever. I wasn't even born when the old series was out and this movie puts a flip on the old show. An includes a hilarious cameo!
TheFilmDoctorMar 22, 2016
The title 21 Jump Street probably means very little to most people under 30, particularly in Britain, where the 1980s Johnny Depp-starring cop show, in which patently adult police officers posed as teenagers to solve crime, never caught on inThe title 21 Jump Street probably means very little to most people under 30, particularly in Britain, where the 1980s Johnny Depp-starring cop show, in which patently adult police officers posed as teenagers to solve crime, never caught on in quite the way it did in America. Certainly it’s no cultural touchstone for ‘The Kids’, who make up much of the target audience for this. Honestly, it doesn’t really matter if you’ve never even heard the name before. Nostalgic familiarity is of very minor importance in enjoying a film that is often inspired, frequently insane and always very, very funny.

21 Jump Street is a very weird comedy. It’s sort of ‘Michel Gondry makes a high-school movie with Judd Apatow’ weird. That’s a good kind of weird, but it’s weird nevertheless. The story itself is perfectly normal: two very different cops (Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill) are sent undercover to bust a high-school drugs ring, which requires them to pretend to be teenagers and relive their school years, during which they hated each other. The comedy is abnormal. It covers very broad slapstick (people deliberately running over each other with cars), to nakedly meta (particularly a long speech in which a character complains about nobody doing anything original anymore, instead just recycling old stuff nobody remembers), to odd for the sake of odd (Korean Jesus). It throws jokes at the screen with such frenetic frequency that some inevitably won’t stick, but more than enough do, even ones that don’t make much in the way of actual sense. By the time you’ve realised that you’ve just laughed at a situation you don’t wholly understand it’s gone and you’re on to the next one.

Hill co-wrote with Michael Bacall (Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World) and they make some very astute choices in their depiction of high school. It’s not the typical 40-year-old’s view of school that we usually see in movies, where all the popular kids are jocks or cheerleaders, anyone who cares even remotely about anything is a nerd, and somewhere there’s a grouchy head teacher who has plenty of time to dedicate to busting just one kid. It’s far more intelligently observed than that. The cool kids (led by Dave Franco, who is smartly, gently emerging from his elder brother’s shadow, and the adorable Brie Larson) actually care about their future and don’t spend their time seeking people to bully. One of them is gay and nobody gives a damn. There’s a very small but brilliant moment where a character expresses dismay when someone phones her, because she “only ever texts” unless it’s her mother. The science kids are still seen as desperately sad, but then some things are just eternal.

While the laughs work in the majority of cases, it is quite scrappy in terms of story. This has the feel of a film that improvised for hours and then worked out later how to piece it all together. There are the vital story beats that it knows to hit, but in-between these it veers off in myriad directions, seemingly sometimes unsure itself of what this bit is about. When it goes somewhere funny that’s not an issue, but you do occasionally want to just give it a shove back onto the rails. It’s so antic that some scenes appear just a few moments and one more screaming argument away from tipping over into a mess, though thankfully it always pulls back just in time.

Of the leads, it’s surprising that it’s Tatum who stands out. He’s always been a capable actor but hasn’t really been the standout in anything since A Guide To Recognising Your Saints. This is quite possibly the performance of his career. He proves himself to be a skilled, loose comedian. His simple-minded character, who winds up posing as a science-brain through a very silly mix-up, is thoroughly charming and, possibly by accident, the real heart of the movie, as he realises he’s better than just the dumb jock. Hill is called upon to be more obnoxious as a guy getting a second chance at the popularity A-list after spending his teenage years as the permanent outsider. It’s something Hill knows how to do well — this role isn’t vastly removed from his turn in Superbad — though there is a stretch towards the end of the film where he becomes so self-important and unlikable that it pretty much kills the comedy. The Hill and Tatum double act is one that has many reasons why it shouldn’t work, yet, like the film around them, it’s so inherently mismatched that its oddness becomes its greatest asset.

21 Jump Street has that Anchorman experimental-chaos vibe, with all the hit-and-miss moments that implies. It’s completely lunatic and sort of a mess. It’s also the funniest high-school comedy to come out of Hollywood in ages.
EpicLadySpongeFeb 21, 2016
21 Jump Street is jumping to get insanely mad. It's not 20 anymore, it's 21 (please no 9 + 10 jokes). You're going to love 21 Jump Street hard as you wanted to love it.
grandpajoe6191Aug 30, 2015
"21 Jump Street" is a delightful joy as the unusually strong pair-up between Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum will make you jump up and down and roll on the floor with laughter.
LokathorJul 2, 2015
A really solid and smart comedy. The "action" scenes are goofy without being too over the top. The jokes and fish-out-of-water stuff works well. Unlike most movies I end up seeing (sci-fi or crime stuff), I could generally say that mostA really solid and smart comedy. The "action" scenes are goofy without being too over the top. The jokes and fish-out-of-water stuff works well. Unlike most movies I end up seeing (sci-fi or crime stuff), I could generally say that most people should see this to unwind. Expand
AaronDWassermanJun 28, 2015
Total surprise what a fun time this movie is. I was honestly going to just wait to rent it but I heard good things and was so glad I changed my mind and saw it in theaters
NShep53Jun 3, 2015
21 Jump Street succeeds because it is very funny and the chemistry between the two stars (Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill) is great. Ice Cube delivers a hilarious performance as their police superior and it is all very fun. Would recommend.
MarickFeb 27, 2015
It is an interesting movie. Even I have not shaved for a while in a comedy film. I think it's one of the best films. I recommend it.******************
xenbalochFeb 11, 2015
A worth watching movie. I mean Comedy is superb and action is cool as well. I bet you will not get bored from begining till end watching this movie. Overall I give it 9/10.
ToffenuffDec 11, 2014
Interesting premise and a hilarious effort from both Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill. These two definitely have a great on-screen chemistry as partners-in-crime/bros. Ridiculous and silly, this movie is worth a watch for some good laughs andInteresting premise and a hilarious effort from both Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill. These two definitely have a great on-screen chemistry as partners-in-crime/bros. Ridiculous and silly, this movie is worth a watch for some good laughs and entertainment. Expand
ydnar4Nov 22, 2014
21 Jump Street just seemed to surprise when it was released. No one expected a film based on an average (at best) television series could ever be converted into a hilarious film. Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum made themselves mega stars in a21 Jump Street just seemed to surprise when it was released. No one expected a film based on an average (at best) television series could ever be converted into a hilarious film. Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum made themselves mega stars in a risk well worth taking. 21 Jump Street is one of the best comedy movies that have been released in the past decade. Expand
SythusRATINGSOct 22, 2014
Schmidt and Jenko are more than ready to leave their adolescent problems behind. Joining the police force and the secret Jump Street unit, they use their youthful appearances to go undercover in a local high school. As they trade in theirSchmidt and Jenko are more than ready to leave their adolescent problems behind. Joining the police force and the secret Jump Street unit, they use their youthful appearances to go undercover in a local high school. As they trade in their guns and badges for backpacks, Schmidt and Jenko risk their lives to investigate a violent and dangerous drug ring. But they find that high school is nothing like they left it just a few years earlier ­and neither expects that they will have to confront the terror and anxiety of being a teenager again and all the issues they thought they had left behind. Expand
UShallntPASSOct 13, 2014
Pick a generic and overused context and bring it with a different and modern view is something meritorious and hard-worked, 21 Jump Street is fun without being immature or appealing, with a nice story and a great cast combination, it enjoyedPick a generic and overused context and bring it with a different and modern view is something meritorious and hard-worked, 21 Jump Street is fun without being immature or appealing, with a nice story and a great cast combination, it enjoyed me by the first begining to the last ending, an easy 80/100. Expand
lukechristianscOct 3, 2014
" Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum are the kings of comedy". This is an outraging comedy with full of laughter that Hill and Tatum has provided for us " 21 jump street fans". Its very funny to be honest , with loud music + good laughter = Having" Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum are the kings of comedy". This is an outraging comedy with full of laughter that Hill and Tatum has provided for us " 21 jump street fans". Its very funny to be honest , with loud music + good laughter = Having the best time of your life watching this film. Grade A , ( hill and tatum are perfect with out directors phil lord and christopher miller ). Expand
SillyClassyNerdSep 29, 2014
At the first begining my impressions wore totally negative, just more one high school movie full of clichés, but as it went straight to the point it suprised me, how Chris Miller was able to choose a so generic subject about high school andAt the first begining my impressions wore totally negative, just more one high school movie full of clichés, but as it went straight to the point it suprised me, how Chris Miller was able to choose a so generic subject about high school and police but produce a great and different comedy from it. There's some kind of forced comedy in it, but that's ok, another great work from Chris Miller. Expand
realnostokSep 16, 2014
Buenísima !!. Una película para reír, nada serio pero se lleva un par de puntos por romper con lo clásico visto en escuelas, el enfoque New Age de los estudiantes esta muy bueno !
Meth-dudeAug 12, 2014
This movie is probably one of the funniest i have ever seen.The jokes are stupid and there is a lot of action,If you don't like this it's probably because you don't have any sense of humour.The only bad thing about 21 jump street is theThis movie is probably one of the funniest i have ever seen.The jokes are stupid and there is a lot of action,If you don't like this it's probably because you don't have any sense of humour.The only bad thing about 21 jump street is the plot,he's too predictable. Expand
djrussellAug 11, 2014
I loved this movie. It took me a long time to see it because it just looked like another generic buddy-cop comedy and I couldnt be bothered but after being pressured to see (and trust me I had loooooow expectations) it I found myself reallyI loved this movie. It took me a long time to see it because it just looked like another generic buddy-cop comedy and I couldnt be bothered but after being pressured to see (and trust me I had loooooow expectations) it I found myself really enjoying it. It was smart and funny and all acting was top notch. Give it a watch, you might be pleasantly surprised. Expand
goopyGoopJun 17, 2014
I don't know why there are so many bad reviews. I loved the first part of the movie, it was hilarious to me. However the second half of the movie was downright boring and I just couldn't wait for it to be over.
DuckNationJun 13, 2014
" We're reviving a canceled undercover police program from the '80s and revamping it for modern times. You see the guys in charge of this stuff lack creativity and are completely out of ideas, so all they do now is recycle **** from the past" We're reviving a canceled undercover police program from the '80s and revamping it for modern times. You see the guys in charge of this stuff lack creativity and are completely out of ideas, so all they do now is recycle **** from the past and expect us all not to notice."

So basically it came down to which movie i wanted to see more this weekend either "How to Train Your Dragon 2 or 22 Jump Street" having watched the first How to Train Your Dragon last month i decided that i should watch the this movie to see which one i wanted to see more this weekend at the theaters and for sure after this it is 22 Jump Street. 21 Jump Street had me laughing from start to finish which not many comedies can do that nowadays, it may be because i have only seen the movie once before when it first came out on DVD/Blu ray still though i highly enjoyed the movie. Now surprisingly i have never seen the the TV Show this is based off of and even despite it having johnny deep it was just one of those shows i never seem to watch while growing up so i never gave it a chance later on but after watching this i really want to check out the old stuff to see if it was just as great. It seems like a lot of people that had watched the TV Show didn't care to see a modern movie based on it and clearly by the reception it received from people its either they love it or hate it, i can say though right now i highly doubt my rating for this movie will change once i start watching the TV Show.

The movie starts out in 2005 and follows Morton Schmidt (Jonah Hill) a goofy looking Eminem wannabe and while trying to ask a really hot girl out to prom he is rudely interrupted by Greg Jenko (Channing Tatum) a **** jock who makes fun of him by calling him a nerd and saying that the chick is way out of his league. Schmidt gets embarrass and quickly walks away while Jenko is called into the principles office and is told that he can not attend prom as he has too low of grades. The movie then picks up seven years later, Schmidt is trying to enlist as a police officer and who does he see at registration, Jenko who then happens to recognizes Schmidt and says to him "not so slim shady, Whats up". They soon become friends as they help each other out with what area's they are lacking in Schmidt's being the physical aspect while Jenko's being the mental aspect of being a cop.

After awhile they graduate the police academy and now are official cops but instead of car chases and gun fights they are stuck on park duty riding bicycles with nothing to do but when they see a group of bikers smoking weed they jump into action. From here we see them get put into a undercover program for young immature cops called "21 Jump Street" led by Captain Dickson (Ice Cube) which seriously had me laughing so hard every time he spoke. Now we have our movie which has both Schmidt and Jenko back in high school only this time around it seems Schmidt is part of the popular group while Jenko is a nerd. Its the total opposite of what they originally were back then and now their job is to find out who is making this new type of drug that kids are overdosing on.

Seriously though this movie has so many funny moments from start to finish that it over shadows how hollow the overall plot is. Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum have amazing chemistry together seriously i cant remember the last time i laughed this hard while watching a buddy cop movie even the Sandra Bullock, Melissa McCarthy movie "The Heat" was no match for how great this movie was. Ice Cube was pure comedic gold see this is why he is a much better actor in rated R movies rather than PG-13 movies like he was in "Ride Along". Nick Offerman was great as the chief of police despite us not seeing that much of him also [spoiler] seeing Johnny Depp at the end was so crazy in no way did i realize that was him, it was even crazier when you see him and his partner Peter DeLuise who was also in the TV version of 21 Jump Street die and they have their own moment during a gun fight which seemed rather funny to me . [/spoiler] Overall i give it a 8.0 Seeing all the reviews, trailers, and tv spots, i have high hopes that the sequel will be just as great as this.
gustavomeloJun 3, 2014
I like everything about 21 Jump Street. Maybe it's my favorite movie! lol I've watched it several times and I still laugh at the jokes. Channing and Jonah have a lot of chemistry on screen!
AaronWasserman2May 4, 2014
Surprisingly fun! this film is one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. Channing and Jonnah are absolutely hysterical. The script is hilarious and just all around impressive! cant wait for the sequel!
Viper8787Apr 21, 2014
One of my favourite comedy movies of all time. It is hilarious, Jonah Hills character in this movie is so funny and says so many funny jokes. I enjoy him more in this movie than Superbad. This movie is funny the whole time from the beginningOne of my favourite comedy movies of all time. It is hilarious, Jonah Hills character in this movie is so funny and says so many funny jokes. I enjoy him more in this movie than Superbad. This movie is funny the whole time from the beginning to the end with out ever letting up. The best comedy movie of 2012 and one of my all time favourite comedy's. Expand
icealex19Apr 1, 2014
I really enjoyed this movie , we were laughing a lot , it has a lot of funny moments , just don't take this movie too seriously . I was surprised - I didn't expect so much fun from it !
TheQuietGamerMar 29, 2014
Without a doubt the funniest comedy I have watched in a very long time. Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill are an absolute laugh riot here and work perfectly together. Honestly the whole movie is just one non-stop laugh fest. The humor isWithout a doubt the funniest comedy I have watched in a very long time. Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill are an absolute laugh riot here and work perfectly together. Honestly the whole movie is just one non-stop laugh fest. The humor is basically what you would expect from a modern R-rated comedy but only a thousand times smarter. Truly one of the best comedies I have ever seen and I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for laughs and doesn't mind the profane and crude humor this movie often offers. Expand
kw36Mar 5, 2014
Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum are hilarious together, although neither actor seems to be able to transition from comedy to drama in a single movie. The punch lines are good, although when they move to a more serious part, it seemsJonah Hill and Channing Tatum are hilarious together, although neither actor seems to be able to transition from comedy to drama in a single movie. The punch lines are good, although when they move to a more serious part, it seems unauthentic and just odd to watch. Overall the movie is funny and is not supposed to be taken too seriously as a remake or sequel. Bringing back characters from the original series, was a good touch and shows that they felt the movie was good enough representation for them to be in it. Expand