7.7

1. Apr 4, 2012
    I had a free ticket to the movie theater that was about to expire, so I decided to use it on 21 Jump Street. That decision turned out to be a great one. I really didn't know what to expect from 21 Jump street, and it appealed to me almost instantly. I have always enjoyed those bromance comedies like I Love you, Man and Role Models, so 21 Jump Street was a movie I expected to like, but II had a free ticket to the movie theater that was about to expire, so I decided to use it on 21 Jump Street. That decision turned out to be a great one. I really didn't know what to expect from 21 Jump street, and it appealed to me almost instantly. I have always enjoyed those bromance comedies like I Love you, Man and Role Models, so 21 Jump Street was a movie I expected to like, but I didn't know I would love it! I was really surprised how much I enjoyed the casting, especially Channing Tatum. This was a role that he usually doesn't take on, but he ended up doing exceptionally well. This movie was hilarious and very well made. Everybody needs to see this movie at some point in their lives. Expand
  2. Jul 6, 2012
    21 Jump Street is a hilarious, well written, intelligent, heartfelt story of friendship. Featuring surprisingly incredible performances from the two leads and hilarious cameos this is a wonderful comedy. I give this movie 90%.
  3. Feb 9, 2013
    To tell you all the truth I've never even heard of the television show before of this movie and to tell you all the truth I don't really care about that, because my lack of knowledge never hindered my enjoyment of this movie one bit. This is a weird comedy in the sense that there are so many jokes, ranging from slapstick to stupidly weird, that obviously some don't work but a lot actuallyTo tell you all the truth I've never even heard of the television show before of this movie and to tell you all the truth I don't really care about that, because my lack of knowledge never hindered my enjoyment of this movie one bit. This is a weird comedy in the sense that there are so many jokes, ranging from slapstick to stupidly weird, that obviously some don't work but a lot actually do. You'll find yourself laughing at things that don't actually make much sense but they're funny all the same. The depiction of high school is also very different...that is actually intelligent. Its not the same old high school with the same stereotypes this one actually makes sense. Even though the comedy is first class, the plot is a bit of a mess. Its not bad but it gets distracted on a number of occasions. The leads are also weird they are so mismatched that they actually work....Tantum gives a great performance and Hill is in his environment but its the relationship that shines. Expand
  4. May 16, 2012
    what a classic comedy this movie made me laugh to the point where Dr.pepper came out of my nose. Jonah hill has been a comedy genius for a long time and this movie was his best since Take him to the greek
  5. Apr 5, 2012
    Angels: This week I became a movie God-I saw 3 movies! And, the best of the lot was 21 Jump street. It was a very good comedy, up there with 'the hangover', 'horrible bosses', 'blades of glory' and 'white chicks' though not quite as good as say 'A Fish Called Wanda'. The plot was clever, and the characterization was first-rate. I am not a Jonah Hill fan, but he was funny, and as one ofAngels: This week I became a movie God-I saw 3 movies! And, the best of the lot was 21 Jump street. It was a very good comedy, up there with 'the hangover', 'horrible bosses', 'blades of glory' and 'white chicks' though not quite as good as say 'A Fish Called Wanda'. The plot was clever, and the characterization was first-rate. I am not a Jonah Hill fan, but he was funny, and as one of the writers, he may have more talent as a comic writer than as a comic actor. And young Channing Tatum. What can I say? I have seen him in a dance movie, an action movie, a romantic comedy, and now a comedy, and he has the physical appeal (he is a dreamboat) and the acting skill to shine in each category. It was also good to see Ice Cube who has more comedic acting talent than he is credited for. I only give this movie a 9 because of the plethora (abundance) of curse words. Now, I am not a prude. Growing up in a big city, i used 'industrial' language as much as the next person. However, sometimes bad language is a substitute for funny dialog. And occasionally that is what I though here. (That is why 'A Fish Called Wanda' is so good. Funny dialog with few curse words.) Anyway, 21 Jump Street is a very funny, very enjoyable movie.( My honey, who hates cursing, nevertheless really enjoyed the movie.)
    Angels: Watch over me.
  6. Mar 24, 2012
    I thought this movie would be terrible when I saw the first previews months ago, but I gave the movie a shot and was pleasantly surprised. I couldn't imagine Channing Tatum being funny, but his chemistry with Jonah Hill is perfect. The movie is pretty over the top, but it works. For every scene that is ridiculous, there is a scene that brings the movie back down to Earth. EssentiallyI thought this movie would be terrible when I saw the first previews months ago, but I gave the movie a shot and was pleasantly surprised. I couldn't imagine Channing Tatum being funny, but his chemistry with Jonah Hill is perfect. The movie is pretty over the top, but it works. For every scene that is ridiculous, there is a scene that brings the movie back down to Earth. Essentially this movie boils down to Hill and Tatum reliving their high school years, but it somehow doesn't come across as being too cliche despite the millions of high school movies out there. The movie even gets more entertaining as it goes on. Ice Cube plays their angry black captain and is pretty damn funny, although he doesn't come close to being as funny as P. Diddy in Get Him to the Greek. Is this movie a classic? No. However, it's been a long time since I've seen a movie as funny as this so it deserves a lot of credit. Comedies are on the decline, and 21 Jump Street just re-raised the bar for the genre. Expand
  7. Mar 16, 2012
    Interesting film, 21 Jump Street is a bigger sorprise, I think that can be a disaster, but is same like the remake of Footloose. This film is amazing.
  8. Apr 12, 2012
    I haven't really laughed this much at a movie in a very long, but thanks to channing tatum and johnah hill this movie actually give some hope that 2012 will be a good year for movies, best comedy move in awhile
  9. Mar 24, 2012
    Basic rules for this movie. If you like risqué jokes, inappropriate humor, crude jokes...you'll love this. If you don't, you won't like this movie. Funny, fast-paced and a great storyline...I absolutely loved this one.
  10. Mar 20, 2012
    Best Comedy ever watch for the start of 2012. Channing and Jonah had me on a roll from start to finish. Thumbs up to my man Channing. Ice Cube also hit if off, Can't wait for a sequel and going this weekend to see it again :)
  11. Mar 21, 2012
    I haven't cried and laughed this hard in a long time. Absolutely amazing. I can't believe how low the rating is on this movie. The entire theater was laughing non-stop.
  12. Apr 24, 2012
    Loved this movie! I consider myself to be somewhat of a snob when Im expecting to watch a serious movie. However, this doesnt mean I cant enjoy something I expect to be totally ridiculous and stupid. And I got what I came for in the best way ever! Hill/Tatum were a suprisingly dynamite comedic pair. Perfect for a date night! Great mix of stupidity and over the top gags that will have youLoved this movie! I consider myself to be somewhat of a snob when Im expecting to watch a serious movie. However, this doesnt mean I cant enjoy something I expect to be totally ridiculous and stupid. And I got what I came for in the best way ever! Hill/Tatum were a suprisingly dynamite comedic pair. Perfect for a date night! Great mix of stupidity and over the top gags that will have you laughing the whole ride back home. Expand
  13. May 17, 2012
    By far one of the funniest movies I have watched in a long time. So funny in fact that I'm most likely going to buy it when it comes out on blu-ray. The teamwork of Hill and Tatum is ingeniously combined to create a great film that succeeds in both storyline and humor. The company of the theater and I enjoyed endless amounts of laughter, and when I say endless, I mean endless. InBy far one of the funniest movies I have watched in a long time. So funny in fact that I'm most likely going to buy it when it comes out on blu-ray. The teamwork of Hill and Tatum is ingeniously combined to create a great film that succeeds in both storyline and humor. The company of the theater and I enjoyed endless amounts of laughter, and when I say endless, I mean endless. In conclusion 21 Jump Street is a great film that delivered in every category, that is why I give it a solid 10. Expand
  14. May 25, 2012
    "21 Jump Street," this yearâ
  15. Jun 3, 2012
    Funny & Smart..
    One Of The Best Movie's Of The Year! (So Far...)
  16. Nov 28, 2012
    Almost unendingly hilarious, "21 Jump Street" is that strange kind of worthwhile comedy that presents a healthy dose of satire and nostalgia.
  17. Jan 5, 2013
    2 THUMBS UP! It's actually a funny, badass movie. Ridiculous and over the top, silly fun. Channing and Jonah has a great chemistry together in this movie. A hilarious, addicting movie, haven't laugh that much before. It's a great, great, great movie!
  18. Mar 3, 2013
    I personally loved this movie and you should too. It was one of the funniest movies I've ever seen if not the BEST movie. Although i will say the end is a bit gross but still funny and one heck of a great movie!
  19. Aug 4, 2013
    funny as crap and definantally a movie that will never be forgotten with the legendary cast of ice cube Jonah hill channing tatum ps way better than the old tv show
  20. Dec 30, 2013
    I came with some very low expectations to this film, and was pleasantly surprised.
    The humor is witty, nerdy, and smart; the plot is a light parody of the genre, as well as current trends among youth; and there's even a surprise cameo by a big star that the ladies can't seem to get enough of.
    It was enjoyable all the way through.
  21. Apr 1, 2014
    I really enjoyed this movie , we were laughing a lot , it has a lot of funny moments , just don't take this movie too seriously . I was surprised - I didn't expect so much fun from it !
  22. Jun 3, 2014
    I like everything about 21 Jump Street. Maybe it's my favorite movie! lol I've watched it several times and I still laugh at the jokes. Channing and Jonah have a lot of chemistry on screen!
  23. Dec 11, 2014
    Interesting premise and a hilarious effort from both Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill. These two definitely have a great on-screen chemistry as partners-in-crime/bros. Ridiculous and silly, this movie is worth a watch for some good laughs and entertainment.
  24. Oct 3, 2014
    " Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum are the kings of comedy". This is an outraging comedy with full of laughter that Hill and Tatum has provided for us " 21 jump street fans". Its very funny to be honest , with loud music + good laughter = Having the best time of your life watching this film. Grade A , ( hill and tatum are perfect with out directors phil lord and christopher miller ).
  25. Nov 22, 2014
    21 Jump Street just seemed to surprise when it was released. No one expected a film based on an average (at best) television series could ever be converted into a hilarious film. Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum made themselves mega stars in a risk well worth taking. 21 Jump Street is one of the best comedy movies that have been released in the past decade.
  26. Feb 11, 2015
    A worth watching movie. I mean Comedy is superb and action is cool as well. I bet you will not get bored from begining till end watching this movie. Overall I give it 9/10.

1. Reviewed by: Andrew Lapin
    Mar 19, 2012
    The devil-may-care attitude is what makes 21 Jump Street so entertaining.
  2. Reviewed by: Ben Sachs
    Mar 18, 2012
    Directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller (Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs) seem to be after the gentle irreverence of David Gordon Green's buddy flick "Pineapple Express," but without his sensitivity and attention to character the movie quickly grows monotonous.
  3. Reviewed by: James Mottram
    Mar 16, 2012
    With Hill on co-scripting duties with Scott Pilgrim scribe Michael Bacall, 21 Jump Street was always going to live or die by its gags. Fortunately, it boasts that sweet-yet-dirty comedy that Hill revels in.