21 Jump Street

7.9

1. Mar 25, 2012
    The reason I liked this movie was because it wasn't afraid to make fun of itself and other "teen" movie stereotypes along the way. It wasn't outrageously funny, but it wasn't dull either. It kept a nice lighthearted pace with some belly laughs in between. If I had laughed more, I would have gone up in my rating, but it's a solid movie that is worth seeing.
  2. Apr 14, 2012
    I'm not one for comedic movies, but I have to admit this one was pretty entertaining. This is new territory for Tatum and he clearly shines in the role, and Jonah Hill is as steady as always. It's over the top, loud, outrageous, and clever. My only complaint is the beginning of the film is somewhat dry; few laughs and not much going on. The remaining 80% lives up to the hype.
  3. Mar 24, 2012
    Basic rules for this movie. If you like risqué jokes, inappropriate humor, crude jokes...you'll love this. If you don't, you won't like this movie. Funny, fast-paced and a great storyline...I absolutely loved this one.
  4. Mar 18, 2012
    Not as bad as everyone is making it out to be. The movie had several very funny scenes esp. when they run into the teacher in the hallway. Deff. see it
  5. Mar 20, 2012
    Best Comedy ever watch for the start of 2012. Channing and Jonah had me on a roll from start to finish. Thumbs up to my man Channing. Ice Cube also hit if off, Can't wait for a sequel and going this weekend to see it again :)
  6. Nov 2, 2013
    Could've been a lot worse but a surprisingly fun time with Hill and Tatum in this ridiculous buddy cop movie. Definitely not a comedy that you have to see or rent out, but its a decent one for a bored Friday night.
  7. Mar 21, 2012
    I haven't cried and laughed this hard in a long time. Absolutely amazing. I can't believe how low the rating is on this movie. The entire theater was laughing non-stop.
  8. Mar 25, 2012
    This comedy snuck up on my ad I'd heard almost nothing about it before release, but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. People claiming Channing Tatum as a breath of fresh air to the comedy scene are slightly over selling it though. While he does an adequate job, most of the amusement in the film is thanks to Jonah Hill and the supporting cast. While not a classic, this movie is wellThis comedy snuck up on my ad I'd heard almost nothing about it before release, but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. People claiming Channing Tatum as a breath of fresh air to the comedy scene are slightly over selling it though. While he does an adequate job, most of the amusement in the film is thanks to Jonah Hill and the supporting cast. While not a classic, this movie is well worth a watch and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a light hearted comedy.

Follow me on Twitter @VizualDze for review updates and other thoughts.
  9. Aug 25, 2012
    21 Jump Street is an over the top comedy with language like no other. Most of the time unnecessary Also there are characters that are flat ridiculous ( ice Cube). It has its funny moments but nothing that will knock your socks off. Just don't take it too seriously and you will should enjoy it.
  10. Mar 25, 2012
    Good comedy overall but some parts of the plot was just stupid and had nothing to do with the movies overall plot. Channing supprised me by his comidic skills and johnah never stops impressing me.
  11. Apr 8, 2012
    First off: quite hilarious, with a variety of jokes. A lot of self-aware references, with a good deal of potty humor, mixed in with mistaken identity/situational sitcom jokes make some humor for everyone. The action isnt anything special, and serves more as a plot device. The emotional situations are pretty shallow. If you want a pure comedy, this will be a 10.
  12. Apr 1, 2012
    Movie was OK. I found that it drags on at times and some of the jokes are pretty cheesy. But good acting all around. One thing I thought was kind of weird was how a guy 7 years out of high school would fall in love with a high school senior... yeah... But it's still a decent movie with plenty of laughs if you're looking for a way to spend the afternoon or evening.
  13. Apr 4, 2012
    Hilarious, but overrated. "21 Jump Street" got its charisma, but some of the jokes were undeniably overused and quite boring (not to mention the overplayed trailer). To say that "21 Jump Street" is the male version of "Bridesmaid" is disagreeable.

As much as I enjoyed the simple, yet hilarious story line, I couldn't help but the characters were quite mindless and their personalities changed throughout the film. However, Jonah Hill was spectacularly funny. I enjoy his talented performance in a nerdy role. While Tatum's recent hard work, who appeared in many movies lately, was not bad at all.
  14. Apr 9, 2012
    21 Jump Street is one of the funniest films I have seen for a long time. Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum is one of the strangest comedy double acts Iâ
  15. Apr 24, 2012
    Loved this movie! I consider myself to be somewhat of a snob when Im expecting to watch a serious movie. However, this doesnt mean I cant enjoy something I expect to be totally ridiculous and stupid. And I got what I came for in the best way ever! Hill/Tatum were a suprisingly dynamite comedic pair. Perfect for a date night! Great mix of stupidity and over the top gags that will have youLoved this movie! I consider myself to be somewhat of a snob when Im expecting to watch a serious movie. However, this doesnt mean I cant enjoy something I expect to be totally ridiculous and stupid. And I got what I came for in the best way ever! Hill/Tatum were a suprisingly dynamite comedic pair. Perfect for a date night! Great mix of stupidity and over the top gags that will have you laughing the whole ride back home. Expand
  16. Apr 28, 2012
    I really liked this movie. It was very funny and over the top with some cringy moments. The only thing that let it down in some parts was that it was slightly over juvenile and blunt .
  17. Jun 4, 2012
    Great movie! I may not recommend going to theatres to see it, but definitely pick it up on DVD or Blu Ray. Channing was surprisingly funny and Jonah Hill did well in his own right. Not as much emphasis on drugs as I would have thought, but still a good watch nonetheless.
  18. May 30, 2013
    Fun movie, don't go in to it looking for anything too serious. Gave it a 6 due to the excessive swearing, which wasn't really needed. The R Rating is definitely earned.
  19. Jul 26, 2012
    Great movie. There were some points when I laughed out loud, but they weren't the moments I expected to be laughing at. There were many failed jokes in the movie but what I was happy about was that this movie was a comedy film, with an actual story. And just a stupid story. The movie was funny, entertaining, and it had Jonah Hill so of course its awesome.
  20. May 17, 2012
    By far one of the funniest movies I have watched in a long time. So funny in fact that I'm most likely going to buy it when it comes out on blu-ray. The teamwork of Hill and Tatum is ingeniously combined to create a great film that succeeds in both storyline and humor. The company of the theater and I enjoyed endless amounts of laughter, and when I say endless, I mean endless. InBy far one of the funniest movies I have watched in a long time. So funny in fact that I'm most likely going to buy it when it comes out on blu-ray. The teamwork of Hill and Tatum is ingeniously combined to create a great film that succeeds in both storyline and humor. The company of the theater and I enjoyed endless amounts of laughter, and when I say endless, I mean endless. In conclusion 21 Jump Street is a great film that delivered in every category, that is why I give it a solid 10. Expand
  21. May 25, 2012
    "21 Jump Street," this yearâ
  22. May 26, 2012
    At times the story struggles, but the comedic combination of Hill and Tatum is surprisingly competent. Went in expecting a 4/10, far exceeded expectations. An instant classic.
  23. Jun 3, 2012
    Funny & Smart..
    One Of The Best Movie's Of The Year! (So Far...)
  24. Aug 5, 2012
    Well made, ,,21 Jump Street'' is more like satire over the comedy movies and their cliche. Is not extremely funny, but does its job in a soft way, by simple jokes and goofs, just like the comedy genre had used to became, but still remains one of 2012 best comedies
  25. Aug 18, 2012
    To quote a character from this film: 'We're reviving a canceled undercover project from the '80s and revamping it for modern times. The people behind this lack creativity and they've run out of ideas, so what they do now is just recycle **** from the past and hope that nobody will notice'. That's true for this film but actualy coz they poke fun at themselves and the classic buddy movieTo quote a character from this film: 'We're reviving a canceled undercover project from the '80s and revamping it for modern times. The people behind this lack creativity and they've run out of ideas, so what they do now is just recycle **** from the past and hope that nobody will notice'. That's true for this film but actualy coz they poke fun at themselves and the classic buddy movie stereotypes and clichés it's actualy enjoyable and sometimes even funny. Yes, they also have some of those obligatory awkward scenes but not too many. Don't get me wrong, this is not a 'good' film like e.g. Hot Fuzz but as good as it gets for American comedies these days. Expand
  26. Aug 28, 2012
    This film was a genuine surprise, proved to be better than I expected. Jonah Hill proved himself to be a great actor and a good screenplay writer once again. Watching Channing Tatum doing comedy was great, I liked the performances by both of them. Moving on to the film, there were a few boring scenes, I agree but there were some hilarious ones as well. The plot of the film was good,This film was a genuine surprise, proved to be better than I expected. Jonah Hill proved himself to be a great actor and a good screenplay writer once again. Watching Channing Tatum doing comedy was great, I liked the performances by both of them. Moving on to the film, there were a few boring scenes, I agree but there were some hilarious ones as well. The plot of the film was good, something different and enjoyable and the use of bizarre graphics made it look more ridiculous. Thumbs up to Chris Miller and Phil Lord for making a good, funny film that I can watch again and laugh like I am watching it for the first time. Expand
  27. Jul 27, 2012
    So far, the funniest movie of the year, and one of the best I have seen in a long time. Tatum gives a surprisingly genuine (that is the word, here) comedic performance and Hill is typically freakin' hilarious. There is a real sense of brotherhood (if based somewhat off of stupidity) captured between the two characters that is endlessly watchable and the banter between everyone in the filmSo far, the funniest movie of the year, and one of the best I have seen in a long time. Tatum gives a surprisingly genuine (that is the word, here) comedic performance and Hill is typically freakin' hilarious. There is a real sense of brotherhood (if based somewhat off of stupidity) captured between the two characters that is endlessly watchable and the banter between everyone in the film is deliciously hilarious. Ice Cube in particular deserves props for every word he speaks throughout. There is a quality of self-awareness that, without, the film would have not stayed afloat and the same kind of hyper-zany energy that Lord and Miller captured in their first animated feature translates even better to foul mouthed live action. An endlessly quotable action comedy by means of a raunchier 'The Other Guys' that I highly recommend. Expand
  28. Jul 9, 2012
    I went into 21 Jump Street with moderately high expectations because of what my friends were telling me about it. This is by far one of the best comedies to come out in the past couple of years. I
  29. Jul 15, 2012
    This was a very funny film. Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum were hilarious in their roles, and Johnny Depp made a hilarious cameo appearance. Sometimes there was a little too much going on, but mostly it was a very funny and suprisingly action-savvy romp.
  30. b3_
    Jul 15, 2012
    This was your average comedy movie. Funny idea and a ridiculous execution made this film entertaining with enough laughs, yet it was predictable plot wise and very forgettable. For once I actually didn't mind Channing as an actor and was able to enjoy the movie without thinking how i disliked him. If you don't expect too much from this film and are prepared to laugh and not take thingsThis was your average comedy movie. Funny idea and a ridiculous execution made this film entertaining with enough laughs, yet it was predictable plot wise and very forgettable. For once I actually didn't mind Channing as an actor and was able to enjoy the movie without thinking how i disliked him. If you don't expect too much from this film and are prepared to laugh and not take things seriously you can easily enjoy this film with friends and family. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Andrew Lapin
    Mar 19, 2012
    The devil-may-care attitude is what makes 21 Jump Street so entertaining.
  2. Reviewed by: Ben Sachs
    Mar 18, 2012
    Directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller (Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs) seem to be after the gentle irreverence of David Gordon Green's buddy flick "Pineapple Express," but without his sensitivity and attention to character the movie quickly grows monotonous.
  3. Reviewed by: James Mottram
    Mar 16, 2012
    With Hill on co-scripting duties with Scott Pilgrim scribe Michael Bacall, 21 Jump Street was always going to live or die by its gags. Fortunately, it boasts that sweet-yet-dirty comedy that Hill revels in.