8 Mile

8.6

1. Nov 16, 2011
    Exciting, depressing, emotional, moving, amazing. This is the kinda movie you want to see, whether you liked rap or not. The feelings really get to you in this movie. Definitely one of my all-time favorites. It's one of those type of movies where a "bullied kid" gets somewhere and shows all of those bullies who he is, and how they can't stand up to him. Great movie! And even greater withExciting, depressing, emotional, moving, amazing. This is the kinda movie you want to see, whether you liked rap or not. The feelings really get to you in this movie. Definitely one of my all-time favorites. It's one of those type of movies where a "bullied kid" gets somewhere and shows all of those bullies who he is, and how they can't stand up to him. Great movie! And even greater with Eminem in it. Expand
  2. May 27, 2013
    The acting was great and the rap battles were really entertaining. The story line was basic but that doesn't take away from the fact that this is a great film.
  3. Nov 12, 2013
    8 mile freestyles its way to a successful drama.
    With unexpectedly good acting, and an unprecedentedly brilliant script; 8 Mile escapes simply being an average film but slips from greatness do to its untimely length.
  4. JonathanP.
    Jan 4, 2003
    It's da greatis of all time. its past 10 but dats all they had 2 pic frumm.
  5. Mar 27, 2011
    Great movie. I can't stop watching. Eminem fan or not this movie has something for you. This movie is one of the few inspirational movies made of this time
  6. Jan 11, 2014
    Dope movie... The best movie ever made in the history of hip-hop movies... Scratch that, all movies... This movie is a classic... Haters can't talk...
  7. Dec 15, 2013
    Everyone who says this movie was below a 7 has something against Eminem personally. They probably got offended by his lyrics, or couldn't handle the amount of truth this movie holds about hip hop in Detroit. It is a fantastic portrayal of the Detroit lifestyle, being an upcoming artist, and more than anything beautiful direction and soundtrack. Probably the best rap soundtrack for aEveryone who says this movie was below a 7 has something against Eminem personally. They probably got offended by his lyrics, or couldn't handle the amount of truth this movie holds about hip hop in Detroit. It is a fantastic portrayal of the Detroit lifestyle, being an upcoming artist, and more than anything beautiful direction and soundtrack. Probably the best rap soundtrack for a movie...ever. This could be a documentary, and still be incredible. But they gave you a kickass storyline to boot. Lucky you. Expand
  8. Mar 15, 2011
    Let's get one thing out of the way first: Yes, I am an Eminem fan. However, rap is not the only genre I like, and some rap artists make me sick like some people. I listen to just about any genre as long as the music is good, and I am a fan of other bests of different genres, even for orchestrated. 8 Mile was hyped up for a while and I never got to see it, and I thought it would just be aLet's get one thing out of the way first: Yes, I am an Eminem fan. However, rap is not the only genre I like, and some rap artists make me sick like some people. I listen to just about any genre as long as the music is good, and I am a fan of other bests of different genres, even for orchestrated. 8 Mile was hyped up for a while and I never got to see it, and I thought it would just be a typical tale of Eminem trying to become a rapper. But it isn't, and it is a much bigger movie and in my opinion, one of the best of 2002. Thanks to an excellent script, the grittiness, the message, and the fantastic performances, even from Eminem, 8 Mile is an excellent movie that borrows script ideas from great movies, perfects them and is special in its own way. SEE IT! Expand
  9. NickT.
    Jul 16, 2006
    Eminem was absoluty flawless in this movie excellent debut, the best movie I've seen in years.
  10. Oct 3, 2011
    I've seen this movie a long time, but in my lifetime I've seen more than once. While portraying the life of rapper Eminem is also a lesson in life, there is a story based on the problems of today. The movie basically shows that anyone, even if it is considered a nobody, can turn the world upside down by those you love.
  11. Tye
    Jan 1, 2007
    Incredible. The not just the best movie about music ever, but the best single movie ever. Period.
  12. Nov 17, 2010
    Emotional, moving, depressing, exciting, these words are created for this movie. Eminem has outdone himself...................................................................................
  13. Dec 10, 2012
    Eminem it's not an actor and that's for sure, the movie lacks a lot of things but what I loved about the movie it's that the movie has a message and it transmits this message in a very powerful way, and through the life of a music star and of a regular working-class guy. Raw and memorable moments you will find in this movie. You don't need to be an Eminem fan to appreciate it.
  14. LeeP
    Oct 16, 2007
    8mile was the best rap movie there ever willl be in this world. I am a big Fan of eminem and he should make another movie about himself. well got to go peace out and by the way I am a boy who is 15 years old.
  15. ZiftK.
    Oct 27, 2006
    Overall, not a bad film. the best parts of it are at the end, during the rap battles. The rest of the movie is okay. Something to watch when it's on CTV, or whatever channel it would come on. Just don't go into it expecting an AMAZING film. It's a GOOD movie, key word, GOOD.
  16. KayseM.
    Dec 15, 2003
    I rate this movie a 10 because Eminem is the best!!!!! I love the rap battles! And Eminem is really hott!
  17. AbbyH.
    Dec 1, 2004
    Okay, I guess! Not as good as I thought it would be. But, still I'd watch it once again. The battles were the best part in the whole film.
  18. RandiC.
    Oct 8, 2004
    This movie rocks the battels are the best!
  19. andrewj.
    May 15, 2005
    Becoz eminem is da best!!!
  20. NickC.
    Aug 15, 2005
    Cool Movie.
  21. luis34
    Aug 22, 2009
    Its sad to see that eminem haters just keep wasting their time, man i think is time to grow up 8-) and about the movie, well if it isnt perfect still is great peace.
  22. BethH.
    Dec 26, 2004
    I think it is wonderful and is heart warming. i love it and just wow i dont know what to say it is the ebst movie i know.
  23. Jun 10, 2012
    Such a great movie. I wish I could erase my mind and watch this movie for the first time again. Unfortunately I know every word to every freestyle in it, so I have to rap along. But wow, what an amazing movie.
  24. Dec 4, 2011
    "8 Mile", a rap semi-biography film, surprisingly springs up to a masterful level where only a few newbie-movies achieve. Is it because of the grim environment and, although formulaic, a appealing story? Yes, but it's mostly because of Eminem's powerful, absorbing performance. I DEMAND A SEQUEL!!!
  25. Dec 29, 2012
    If you have, one shoot or one opportunity... WATCH this movie, is awesome! Tell a very interesting story about Eminem's life, what makes you understand more about what happened during his life before his career
  26. Mar 27, 2013
    an incredible story an awesome performance by Eminem and most of the story are taken by real events from his life holy waw i mean for a rapper to act like that is just incredible.
  27. CarlH.
    Apr 19, 2003
    Excellent film, I was impressed with the story and the acting. Great performance from eminem. Ratings of 10 because someones your favorite singer or actor are unwarranted as much as ratings of 0 for seeing a film in a genre you don't care for.
  28. J.Cruz
    Nov 19, 2002
    I thought it was a great movie the acting was superb by all the talent. Only problem i had was the sex scene with em and britany they could shortened that part a little bit other then that its a great hiphop film
  29. TarikT.
    Nov 9, 2002
    It was a good movie, Em delivered an oscar worthy performance, same with Mekhi Phifer, and the rest of the crew. It was really cool to see some good old skool beats incorparated in the movie as well, NO JAY-Z thank god!!!!!!!! The only reason i give it an 8, was it was too predictable. This is a must SEE MOVIE.
  30. CharlieM.
    Nov 9, 2002
    It was an ok movie. Em's performance was not that good (he played himself) but hey it was his first movie. The plot was too predictable and in the begining of the move his life sucked and at the end of the movie his life still sucked. Sorry Em this is not gonna be an oscar movie for you.
  31. Tamara
    Jan 17, 2003
    I am a total Eminem fan. Going to the movies with high expectations and then coming out realising it was better than I expected was awsome. It proves that there is so much more to Eminem than just rapping. And what about his ass...WHOOOOO!. I read all the other comments and I have to agree with those that said only a true Eminem fan would know that it is not based on his real life so I am a total Eminem fan. Going to the movies with high expectations and then coming out realising it was better than I expected was awsome. It proves that there is so much more to Eminem than just rapping. And what about his ass...WHOOOOO!. I read all the other comments and I have to agree with those that said only a true Eminem fan would know that it is not based on his real life so those that say it would have been easy for him to play himself are totalling wrong as he was only acting. I give "8 Mile" an A+ and hope to see another movie from Em soon. I only wish we could get him to do a tour in australia. Love ya stuff Em... Expand
  32. Kris
    Jan 18, 2003
    It's a movie that parallels the story of a dreamer and the obstacles to his dream. a truly powerful scene was when he faced his very enemy: facts about himself, his race, his class and his weaknesses. Each one of us has a dream and as a result each one will ultimately face exactly the same obstacles to that dream whatever it may be. a truly inspiring film.
  33. MikeM.
    Jan 2, 2003
    It's truly a shame that Marshall may not act in a movie again. He was brilliant (even though he was basically playing himself). Kim Basinger should have passed on this role, it's too much like LA Confidential for her. Evan Jones as Chedder Bob was perfect casting. If I have one gripe with the movie, find more creative ways to start a scene.
  34. louiseosborne
    Jan 9, 2003
    this is the best film eva well compared wid lord of the rings
  35. JodiR.
    Feb 21, 2003
    It waz kool, especially da rapping parts but i was expectin a bit more as i thought there wud b a bit more music in it! there is more of a good than bad reason to watch it so have a look...its worth it!!!!
  36. ayºeözer
    Mar 24, 2003
    before I saw this film I was not a fun of eminem.but now I thing he is a very good singer and an actor.I want to see him on cinema .
  37. ShelbyB.
    Apr 13, 2003
    It was a very interesting movie. I love the sweet home alabama song and I loved the battle. I love Eminem.
  38. BrentT.
    Apr 25, 2003
    I thought it was a really good movie because it tells you about his life.
  39. ChelseyJ.
    Apr 8, 2003
    This movie, I thought was pretty good...i wasn't expecting eminem to be such a good actor.
  40. C-dubb
    May 5, 2003
    I give this movie a 9 becuz it would be a 10 if 50 cent was in it.
  41. DavidA.
    Feb 21, 2005
    In a way it's a sad movie but it reflects the rappers life, it shows the low life of the streets but at the same time it helps you understand him better.
  42. AlexSnap
    Nov 10, 2002
    I'll start off by saying that this movie was A LOT better than I expected. It was getting a lot of talk about Eminem's performance, but along with his EXECELLENT performance, the movie was also really really really good.
  43. Jennifer
    Nov 11, 2002
    No, I don't think this is as good as "Dancer In the Dark", but whether people think that this was easy to act because it was autobiographical or not, it was still fabulously acted by a man many people STILL want to write off! You may not like him, you may not respect the way he acts in public, but to deny his obvious intelligence and talent is ridiculously narrow-minded. Get over it.
  44. NatashaS.
    Nov 13, 2002
    I think this movie was pretty good. It set records and Eminem definitely proved himself. Although the movie was predictable I still enjoyed every minute of it. It was funny, clever and witty. Way to go Em for getting out of that rap movie stereotype.
  45. DennisG.
    Nov 13, 2002
    Great movie. Devastating rhymes.
  46. CarlaM.
    Nov 8, 2002
    Eminem has "it." Passion and poetry. I am 58 and haven't been this excited, since Laura Nyro. You go, guy!!!!!!
  47. JewelSpirit
    Great stuff.
  48. DavidW.
    Nov 9, 2002
    Yes, I am an Eminem fan. Yes, I also expected this movie to be good. No, I wasn't surprised that he can actually act. Eminem is very talented, you can deduce that just by reading his lyrics. If you can just step away from your controversy-rejecting mind for a few mintues, you can see that he's very intelligent. I hated that this movie ended so abruptly, I really wanted to see Yes, I am an Eminem fan. Yes, I also expected this movie to be good. No, I wasn't surprised that he can actually act. Eminem is very talented, you can deduce that just by reading his lyrics. If you can just step away from your controversy-rejecting mind for a few mintues, you can see that he's very intelligent. I hated that this movie ended so abruptly, I really wanted to see what happened. This is by far the best movie I've seen in a long time. I'm going to buy it the day it comes out on DVD. Expand
  49. DaniellaV.
    Dec 11, 2002
    I just wish he would have sang the song rather then just hearing it at the end.
  50. TashaB.
    Dec 24, 2002
    "Amazing" doesn't even come close to how great this movie is.
  51. SenegalBoy
    Dec 4, 2002
    Excellent, the biggest surprise of the year.
  52. Sydney
    Jan 13, 2003
    I ABSOLUTELY LOOOOOOOVVED THIS MOVIE! Everyone has to see it!
  53. ChristianG.
    Oct 16, 2003
    This movie is great, great plot, story, direction and Eminem's performance. I don´t give it a 10 just because i hate Brittany Murphy and Kim Basinger. They are awful actresses.
  54. Marc-0
    Oct 28, 2003
    Curtis Hanson directs this with a realistic eye and the low key performances from most of the cast stopping a against-the-odds story becoming chesse. Basinger delivers the goods again for Hanson as in her Oscar winning role for La Confidential and Eminem is more than competent at the role he has.
  55. HayleDude
    Jan 4, 2003
    U no i would give it 10000000 out of 10000000 eminem 2 me everythin dat he does i think its cool. dis story is based on him abit and he's tried his best. itz hard 2 go through sumin which u dont wanna face again. anyways eminem has done great. all u critics, nastys, mean unprepy people mey get lost and find sum1 else but dey wont be better than marshall mathers dudez.
  56. BrainB.
    Feb 25, 2003
    It was the best. Eminem is sexy.
  57. CordellS.
    May 13, 2003
    I wasnt going to give this movie a 10. but i couldnt help it. i love this freaking movie. The script could have been a little better but eminem has great screen presence. I heard those guys say i hate rap and blah blah blah. You knew this was a hip hop movie to begin with and you knew you didnt like eminem. Geez, come on i dont like Britney Spears but im not going to go see her movie toI wasnt going to give this movie a 10. but i couldnt help it. i love this freaking movie. The script could have been a little better but eminem has great screen presence. I heard those guys say i hate rap and blah blah blah. You knew this was a hip hop movie to begin with and you knew you didnt like eminem. Geez, come on i dont like Britney Spears but im not going to go see her movie to give it a bad review i dont give a damn how good or bad it is. Understand, Em had to carry this movie on his own and never had any acting experience. Give him a little credit people. Expand
  58. AlmyraM.
    May 16, 2003
    This movie was sweet. Eminem looked hott!!
  59. M.Deep
    May 19, 2003
    This movie is very inspiring and shows everyone how to take their life and make it better even though things are down. Great portrayal of the D and life in it.
  60. MurrD.
    Jun 10, 2003
    Eminem, plays a excellent role of B. Rabbit. His remarkable style of rap kills it in da movie! This movie shows a very good perspective of a white rapper, tryin to get respect in a blakc neighbour hood. Go see it if you haven't yet.
  61. CodyJ.
    Jun 19, 2003
    Yo I Loved The Sweet Home Alabama Parody and The Freestyle Battles and Eminem is the Best I even got his name on a tattoo across my chest.
  62. SaerA.
    May 5, 2004
    8 Mile had good actors and actresses including Eminem, Mekhi Phifer, Kim Basinger, and maybe Britney Murphy. I liked this movie a lot and it is my favorite movie that has a singer/rapper in it.
  63. willm.
    Jan 27, 2005
    Smashin, marvelous.
  64. PatC.
    Feb 21, 2005
    A believable depiction of emergence from adolescense in today's urban scene.
  65. Claz.b.
    Apr 14, 2005
    In my opinion. This film is excellent for the typical teenager, with the rapping and also the film does make you laugh with the idiot like antics and the lyrics at the rap battles. Eminem was defiantly made for the part of Jimmy as it shows him in a totally different perspective.
  66. AnthonyB
    Nov 11, 2002
    I enjoyed the movie very much and was a little upset it ended the way it did I would love to see a movie of his life Eminem is a superb actor and a very smart person WOOHOO! Britney Murphy is soooo HOT!
  67. JeremyM.
    Nov 12, 2002
    Although I was a little disappointent with the way 8 Mile becomes conventional, Curtis Hanson for the most part has made a good, small movie. The rap sequences really have an energy to them and the dramatic sequences have an edge. Mekhi Pfifer really shines in a supporting role altho most of the other supporting characters ended up underwritten. A good film, but not as good as the large Although I was a little disappointent with the way 8 Mile becomes conventional, Curtis Hanson for the most part has made a good, small movie. The rap sequences really have an energy to them and the dramatic sequences have an edge. Mekhi Pfifer really shines in a supporting role altho most of the other supporting characters ended up underwritten. A good film, but not as good as the large amount of buzz. Expand
  68. DanielG.
    Nov 16, 2002
    Eminem sizzles with charisma. Evan Jones Cheddar Bob is so pathetic the audience loves him. Mekhi Pheifer feels like a breath of fresh air in a smokers convention. Kim Bassinger gives an incredible performance. What more do you need? This movie is Oscar material. End of story.
  69. RoseS.
    Nov 16, 2002
    This was an excellent movie. Em did such a great job, and I reccomend it for all to see. The battles were awesome, he's a killer mc with mad talent. I bet this will be an oscar nominated film! My baby did such a good job!
  70. AlK.
    Nov 20, 2002
    Fantastic overview of Eminem's simple and vey dramatic life.
  71. JaxK.
    Nov 27, 2002
    I think this a really good film but only his true fans will Know that it is not based on his life. Shady dats my baby.
  72. AmanL.
    Nov 7, 2002
    The only reason it doesn't get 10 is because its his first film. But good job Em on first film.
  73. SethB.
    Nov 8, 2002
    I hate Eminem, but I like good movies. It pains me that I have to admit that THIS is by far the best movie this year. It's a scary prospect that Eminem could and should get a nomination for this film.
  74. JoeyB.
    Woohoo!
  75. RyanM.
    Nov 9, 2002
    It doesn't transcend the genre, the story, the surface or anything for that matter. But, what "8 Mile" does do is it creates a certain tight, tense feeling that never allows us to let go.
  76. Ashlee
    Dec 12, 2002
    *~Being a serious Eminem fan I thought this movie was HELLA good! It was an awesome movie.... Yes, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I really think this movie should be at LEAST a 10!! Eminem is HOTT*~
  77. MattJ.
    Dec 19, 2002
    Excellent movie.
  78. RichardG.
    Dec 3, 2002
    I went to this movie thinking I wouldnt like it, but it was a fantastic movie, one of Oscar Calibur, eminem plays a very convincing role (his peircing eyes) and the whole film is crisp. I would walk 8 miles to see another movie like this.
  79. SamS.
    Dec 30, 2002
    Eminem proves that he can handle a strong role. Even though it is based on himself. Believe it was an awesome film.
  80. TysonM.
    Mar 31, 2003
    You dont need to be a fan of eminem aka slim shady aka marshal mathers to like this movie. you dont even need to be a fan of hip hop. this isnt a movie about eminem, though it is loosly based on his life, nor is it about hip hop, though it is definetly a subject confronted in the movie. the movie is more about b. rabbit (eminem), who is stuck in a world he wants to escape and the only wayYou dont need to be a fan of eminem aka slim shady aka marshal mathers to like this movie. you dont even need to be a fan of hip hop. this isnt a movie about eminem, though it is loosly based on his life, nor is it about hip hop, though it is definetly a subject confronted in the movie. the movie is more about b. rabbit (eminem), who is stuck in a world he wants to escape and the only way to get out is to take the chance hes afraid to take. its all or nothing, sink or swim, do or... Expand
  81. 8Ball
    Apr 26, 2003
    Eminem is Rabbit, yo! I like the rapping but the story about white people is stupid. Detroit is the bomb. Mekhi Phifer is the man, peace.
  82. NazareneB.
    Jun 28, 2003
    I really think this movie was great... people who gave this movie less than five is really dumb... eminem raps about his life and if you were in his place, you would want to talk about it too.. eminem deserves a lot more than credit than people give because people who have been treated that way need their voices heard...
  83. EricK.
    Jul 21, 2003
    It was not as good as i had hoped for but it still was a great movie.
  84. JackM.
    Jul 31, 2003
    This is a phat film, i like eminem both as a rapper n actor, great ilm, great batlez and if u look at da real life battlez eminem wipes da floor wit a bird, well wat do u expect wen she is a lady?
  85. ChadS.
    Aug 27, 2004
    "8 Mile" has an amusing similarity to Lars Von Trier's "Dancer in the Dark", in which, you have a one-named non-actor/recording artist (Eminem and Bjork, respectively) working in a factory. Eminem is no Bjork, but he protects his younger sister from their incompetent mother and live-in boyfriend as well as Keanu Reeves did in "River's Edge". However, much like Prince, it's "8 Mile" has an amusing similarity to Lars Von Trier's "Dancer in the Dark", in which, you have a one-named non-actor/recording artist (Eminem and Bjork, respectively) working in a factory. Eminem is no Bjork, but he protects his younger sister from their incompetent mother and live-in boyfriend as well as Keanu Reeves did in "River's Edge". However, much like Prince, it's hard to imagine him playing somebody other than himself. But give him credit. Eminem is good at being Eminem-like. The final rap competition is so electric, you can forgive all the cliches of the underdog-makes-good narrative. But "8 Mile" is also an inner-city story, and the cliche of retribution after Rabbit wins the battle, never materializes because The Free World might just be a gang of rappers, and not a gang. "8 Mile" is careful not to stereotype blacks, and to fully integrate whites into the hip-hop culture. It's a white(Evan Jones as Cheddar Bob) who pulls the trigger on a firearm, and it's a white(Brittany Murphy as Alex) who's "ho"-like. Expand
  86. Menona
    Nov 11, 2002
    First I would like to say that Eminem is hotter than I thought he'd be! Secondly, the movie was EXCELLENT and actually better than I thought it would be. In fact, I became an even bigger fan of his because of the movie. For someone who has never acted before you couldn't tell at all! Keep up the good work, Em, I would love to see more movies with you in them!!! I would also like First I would like to say that Eminem is hotter than I thought he'd be! Secondly, the movie was EXCELLENT and actually better than I thought it would be. In fact, I became an even bigger fan of his because of the movie. For someone who has never acted before you couldn't tell at all! Keep up the good work, Em, I would love to see more movies with you in them!!! I would also like to point out that of all the hip-hop movies I've seen, this one is definitely NOT the stereotypical one with all the violence and drugs, etc. This movie was more about "battle rapping" and someone, a poor white trailer-park boy, trying to make something of himself by making it in the music business than any of the violence and gang-related issues that are usually in these types of movies. And for those that think so, this is NOT a portrayal of his life story. Yes, there are some similarities but those TRUE EM fans know that its not based on his life even Em says so himself. Keep up the good work, Em!!! :) Expand
  87. MichaelF.
    Nov 11, 2002
    A good solid movie. Eminem is very good at playing himself, all the performances ar good to very good. FANTASTIC cinematography. This is a REAL gritty movie, unlike CITY BY THE SEA, which is just boring. Never boring and always entertaining.
  88. DustinD.
    Nov 15, 2002
    This movie was a reflection of brilliance of the producer director the soundtrack brought the viewer into the movie while the script was provacative. while ending left u wondering.
  89. Officesirdoofy123
    Nov 27, 2002
    It was well worth the time and effort put into to it em's charactor had a lot of power but not as much as mehki's wich was a bit different but eminem is a different guy love the beats loved hte battles loved the movie.
  90. Nikki
    Nov 27, 2002
    Em is da best rapper out there and for his 1st movie he did real good. i would like to see em in more movies. 8 mile was great cuz you got to see how it was like for him growing up in a place where whites wernt supposed to be tryin to rap like da blackes. but i dont see why anyone would dis this movie. em was only tryin to show people how it was for him. how would they like it if they wasEm is da best rapper out there and for his 1st movie he did real good. i would like to see em in more movies. 8 mile was great cuz you got to see how it was like for him growing up in a place where whites wernt supposed to be tryin to rap like da blackes. but i dont see why anyone would dis this movie. em was only tryin to show people how it was for him. how would they like it if they was tryin to show people how it was for them and someone said ''why would anyone want to see a movie wit so n so in it'' em is a hottie and da best part of da movie is when you see his ass. so if you dont like em dont get on da site!!!! peace Collapse
  91. CathyL.
    Dec 23, 2002
    I gave this movie a ten because Eminem is so hot and cool. He was the best person in the film. This is the best movie of the year. I say two thumbs up!
  92. Jan 14, 2011
    i have been a fan of rap almost all of my life, and also i'm a huge fan of eminem's early albums and the movie was his peak as an artist. he truly convinced us that he's a enormous talent. a great movie, and everyone should see this, not just his fans. eminem did a great job. i mean, everybody did a great job. this is one of my favorite movies. for sure. a must-see! 9+...
  93. Jan 9, 2011
    One of my fav music type movies. Emenim acts well, I was shocked how well it was acted. Had me feeling bad for the guy and man what a story tho. The club parts are great and very well put together. Very good cast that I enjoyed they picked the right people for the right parts. How far would you go to make it?
  94. May 29, 2011
    I liked Eminem's performance, but i believed that the movie was supposed to be a portrait of all life of him. Eminem really surprised me. You better lose yourself in the music!
  95. May 12, 2011
    yeah i love this movie it was really good. the freestyle battles were awesome. it was funny and touching as well. eminem can act a little. i felt bad for him. but this movie shouldn't get negative reviews especially from fans.
  96. Jun 4, 2011
    Great film but I can't call it the best film ever. Loved Eminem's performance but I can only see 8 Mile once in a while. If I see the film too often I skip most of the film because apart from the Rabbit beef with the Free World and the end. I loved the tension between him and Kim Basinger and I love the romantic storyline with Brittany Murphy. I also loved the friendship between MekhiGreat film but I can't call it the best film ever. Loved Eminem's performance but I can only see 8 Mile once in a while. If I see the film too often I skip most of the film because apart from the Rabbit beef with the Free World and the end. I loved the tension between him and Kim Basinger and I love the romantic storyline with Brittany Murphy. I also loved the friendship between Mekhi Phifer Character and him. Expand
  97. Mar 7, 2013
    A very good movie. I liked the battles and the soundtrack
  98. Oct 5, 2011
    EPIC! For sure the best rap genre movie ever... Eminem's performance was stunning, emotional, exciting but again depressing and very convincing so i have absolutely no bad things to say about this movie. But I have a couple more good things starting with freestyle battles. They are written so perfect and it really gives you the feeling that you are there with Eminem, Brittany and MekhiEPIC! For sure the best rap genre movie ever... Eminem's performance was stunning, emotional, exciting but again depressing and very convincing so i have absolutely no bad things to say about this movie. But I have a couple more good things starting with freestyle battles. They are written so perfect and it really gives you the feeling that you are there with Eminem, Brittany and Mekhi watching and cheering. I could do this forever but I'm just gonna say one more thing: after watching the whole movie you look at credits and listen to Lose Yourself and it just fits so perfectly. Everyone should see this movie. Expand
  99. Jan 9, 2015
    I saw some places where this was not as critically acclaimed by the member base, which is surprising to me, because in every way, this one delivers. First off, the soundtrack is obviously awesome. One of the best around. "Lose Yourself" is a classic, while the rest of the songs used in the movie were great and were used perfectly. The cast is stellar from Eminem to Mekhi Phifer to KimI saw some places where this was not as critically acclaimed by the member base, which is surprising to me, because in every way, this one delivers. First off, the soundtrack is obviously awesome. One of the best around. "Lose Yourself" is a classic, while the rest of the songs used in the movie were great and were used perfectly. The cast is stellar from Eminem to Mekhi Phifer to Kim Basinger, all the way down to Brittany Murphy and Michael Shannon. Really impressive casting and they all delivered. This one really rises above your average hip hop drama type film and is a breath of fresh air into that niche genre. The storyline is very compelling throughout and really hooks you in from the very beginning, as this one is not afraid to show you every little detail from the good to the bad and really captures the hope and ambition of people in this position very well. Overall, 8 Mile is a very successful film blessed with great music, acting, directing, and a heartfelt and authentic story to boot. Expand
  100. Nov 8, 2012
    It has moments where its utterly breathtaking, and that, I did not expect. Eminem proves he's a worthy actor, the way he buries the emotion behind his eyes; he gives a fierce and determined performance.

1. What it's really about is the euphoria that talent can bring to those who are possessed by it. That euphoria lights up the screen.
    A star is born in 8 Mile, all right, but his name is Mekhi Phifer.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Clark
    The rap sequences are shot and edited with the excitement of a crisply broadcast sporting event, which in a way they are.