8.4

1. Dec 30, 2012
    Bad story line, bad acting and bad rap and I know good rap. It was really disappointing to me, I thought it was going to be a great movie but it wasnt.
  2. Feb 5, 2013
    A film about a group of unsuccessful and angry young adults who like to rap. If you aren't an Eminem fan don't watch this movie. The ending of the movie resolved none of the difficulties the characters face and seemed pointless.
    Nov 9, 2002
    Bo-o-o-o-ring, predictable and contrived. Love the stereotypes. Definitely for his fan base, but it's him playing, er, himself. Where's the stretch? Director shows he's a craftsman, but he doesn't rise to the level of artist (but then again, he didn't rise to level of an artist in his lauded film LA Confidential -- wasn't Chinatown, that's for sure). Bo-o-o-o-ring, predictable and contrived. Love the stereotypes. Definitely for his fan base, but it's him playing, er, himself. Where's the stretch? Director shows he's a craftsman, but he doesn't rise to the level of artist (but then again, he didn't rise to level of an artist in his lauded film LA Confidential -- wasn't Chinatown, that's for sure). Lars von Triers he ain't, and Marshall ain't the male Bjork (see Dancer in the Dark and note the difference). Expand
  4. JimT.
    Jan 9, 2003
    This movie blows the big one... don't waste money.
  5. GeorgeP.B.
    Apr 8, 2003
    It might be good if you find Eminem or rap appealing. Since I don't, it earns a 0 in my books.
  6. SaintHarry
    May 2, 2003
    I don't like Eminem as a rapper nor do I like Eminem as an actor. How the heck he won Best Original Song at 2003's Oscars?! "8 Mile" is dreary and depressing. The rap music gave me migraines!
  7. JimJ.
    Nov 25, 2002
    Why would anybody want to see a rap movie with Eminem in it.

1. What it's really about is the euphoria that talent can bring to those who are possessed by it. That euphoria lights up the screen.
    A star is born in 8 Mile, all right, but his name is Mekhi Phifer.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike Clark
    The rap sequences are shot and edited with the excitement of a crisply broadcast sporting event, which in a way they are.