7.2

1. NerijusD
    Oct 9, 2009
    Amazing animation and effects, no story whatsoever.
  2. -=e=-
    Sep 13, 2009
    This movie, while visually stunning, had a thread-bare plot that has been done so many times that it's hard to find something new to be excited about. If only more time was spent on the script, character development and plot this would have been a rare film. As it stands its a beautiful but retarded child of Terminator and the Matrix. A sad waste of money and talent.
  3. SLynn
    Sep 14, 2009
    Disappointing for a movie billed with Tim Burton's name. It's apparent that's all they paid him for. I'd like to say the plot was interesting, but it wasn't. I guess the lesson is: if all humans are dead, who is left to care about a bunch of dolls? Also, this was not a movie for little kids. It's not just the fairly horrific scenes of dead bodies, but also Disappointing for a movie billed with Tim Burton's name. It's apparent that's all they paid him for. I'd like to say the plot was interesting, but it wasn't. I guess the lesson is: if all humans are dead, who is left to care about a bunch of dolls? Also, this was not a movie for little kids. It's not just the fairly horrific scenes of dead bodies, but also the post apocalyptic theme that is fairly hard to grasp the ramifications of, even for an adult. Expand
  4. SeanG
    Sep 15, 2009
    Great animation, but the plot is an incomprehensible mess. I really wanted to like this movie, but there are too many things about the story that were just . . . well, just dumb and ill thought out.
  5. JayB
    Sep 9, 2009
    Only 9? I could have counted 100 cliches in this movie. I would have given this a zero if it weren't for the spectacular fight scenes. Plot, story, dialogue were a mere obstacle, almost a nuisance.
  6. Kenny
    Nov 4, 2009
    Entertaining film but fallidisimo script. An animated film where you have endless adventures carried just fine, with a post-apocalyptic aesthetic that gets you into position quickly but which is sunk to the depths as the plot comes into play. A dash of absurdity aqui te pillo aqui te mato, with a horrible end, where there is no catch it. As I said, entertaining action scenes with a dash painful.
  7. kevinb
    Sep 21, 2009
    Boring. Repetitive animation, much of which makes little sense. We are to believe that a rag doll with a small razor can de-capitate a machine?? Pretty much a bore.
  8. AlexY
    Jan 1, 2010
    This movie scrapes out a 2 for its impressive visuals. Otherwise, Tim Burton should be ashamed. The plot twists and dialogue were so utterly predictable and hokey that I couldn't help but blurt snide comments at every possible opportunity (of which there were many). My friends and I laughed all the way home after being subjected to this utter disappointment.
  9. Gabe
    Sep 19, 2009
    Boring on every level. Horribly written and bland.
  10. troyV
    Sep 10, 2009
    I think this is a bad movie becouse Ive seen the picture and I dont like it. It just dosent fit the name. Im going to e-mail the director and teel him that I would like to see more picture of movies that I like, not that I dislike: Period.
  11. AnonymousMC
    Sep 11, 2009
    My vote is not for the movie itself, but for the review I read on msn.com. Note to critics: when reviewing a movie directed at teens (as noted in your own review) don't use words that they have never seen. This is a MOVIE REVIEW not a literary exercise to display your vast knowledge of the english language. In fact, stop it altogether! I'm sure you lose 90% of your audience afterMy vote is not for the movie itself, but for the review I read on msn.com. Note to critics: when reviewing a movie directed at teens (as noted in your own review) don't use words that they have never seen. This is a MOVIE REVIEW not a literary exercise to display your vast knowledge of the english language. In fact, stop it altogether! I'm sure you lose 90% of your audience after the 1 paragraph. If you actually reivewed the movie instead of trying to show how much better you are than the people reading your review, it might be worht something. Why do you think that people FLOCK to movies that are beat up by so-called critics? It's because 90% of all movie reviews are worthless piles of pigeon feces flung from the heavens by the literary avians... Come on man, stop writing crap, and write an actual review, stop trying to interpret what you are seeing! Just review what was there, how was the plot? How were the special effects? How long was it? Stop trying to write an essay on how movie X compares to the cinematic greats, and stop pretending like you know where the movie gets it's inspiration from, WE DON'T CARE! Please review the movie instead of trying to convince me that I'm an idiot an idiot because I might want to actually go see it. In fact, just stop altogether. Expand
  12. Jessica
    Sep 11, 2009
    I have not personally seen the movie but I would rate any animated movie or movie targeting children as a 0 if it is pg-13 in the first place. This era of animated adult movies is confusing to my children and I do not forsee us seeing this movie because it looks too dark for a child to see. Sorry if this offends but this is after all just my opinion of the movie.
  13. Sep 25, 2010
    The only reason I watched this movie in the first place was because of Tim Burton, and I'm being nice by saying it was horrible. One of the worst movies ever.

1. 9 never adds up to much. It's a dark adult film that gives itself over to the chases and frights of a kiddie movie.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Design aspects are arresting and the filmmaker's abilities are obvious, but the basic survival story remains slight, just as the general setting, no matter how artfully imagined, is by now pretty familiar.
    This is post-apocalyptic adventure as imagined for a teen crowd, and what it lacks in depth it makes up for in action. With a slight running time of 80 minutes, 9 doesn't contain an ounce of fat on its animated bones.