Open Road Films | Release Date: April 18, 2014
3.7
Generally unfavorable reviews based on 111 Ratings
Watch Now
NZCricketFanApr 25, 2014
These films are always awful.. albeit not as awful as the those other two unmentionable 'spoof writers' (both words I use loosely) totally unfunny, nasty-edged (out of jealousy) laugh-free cringe-fests.... but YOU the public watch them... SOThese films are always awful.. albeit not as awful as the those other two unmentionable 'spoof writers' (both words I use loosely) totally unfunny, nasty-edged (out of jealousy) laugh-free cringe-fests.... but YOU the public watch them... SO they make them. The first, like this sequel will, made thirty times its budget. It's mathematics. Smart people should just be thankful these types of comedies exist... in case they are incredibly stoned and stumble across it on tv in four year's time or if you just want to be reminded you are not a total moron.
On the reviewers' comments here, I see people complaining about it spoofing 'The Conjuring which was the greatest horror film of all-time"...!!!! Really!? Like lovers of this film, there is no accounting for taste... and apparently, not being total garbage passes as oozing with class these days. Spare me... spare us all. Next thing you know they'll be making hard-out bible-bashing movies to blatantly indoctrinate equally moronic people and call them something like, "God's not dead"... Oh, they already are? Let us usher in the end then. For it is nigh... LMAO.
Forrestgump1Jul 31, 2014
Now I will admit, much to my shame, that..to an extent, I did enjoy (moderately) last year's sleeper hit parody, "A Haunted House" from creator Marlon Waynes. For one, I saw the film initially with my two best friends, and believe me when youNow I will admit, much to my shame, that..to an extent, I did enjoy (moderately) last year's sleeper hit parody, "A Haunted House" from creator Marlon Waynes. For one, I saw the film initially with my two best friends, and believe me when you are with your friends anything can seem hilarious. Upon a second viewing at home, well.. let's just say, I wasn't as fond the second time around.
Now just a little over a year later, Who..in a million years would think that this crew would see a sequel. I mean we're standing here begging from a sequel to "The Incredibles". Nope we get "A Haunted House 2" and after seeing this film, I have learned one thing.. they will let anyone make a movie. The original "Haunted House" seemed fresh and actually different, a rare parody that only works and connects on certain occasions. Well these filmmakers have lost all their credibility (whatever that was) by plundering over a trash sequel that is loose, boring, and just plain obnoxious. I understand that a film like this is supposed to be goofy, dorky and dumb. "A Haunted House 2" just takes the word "stupid' to a different dimension. While there are just some things you can't unsee.

The film picks up essentially where the original film left off. Malcolm Johnson (Waynes) lives his possessed girlfriend in the side of a ditch, and one year later begins to start his new life. Where, upon moving into his new home, the strange incidents that occurred before, start happening again. Following a send up of recent cult hits like "The Conjuring" "The Possession", and "Sinister".

First off, the running gag of sexually molesting a rag doll can honestly go so far. Yeah sure it worked in the first one with some stuffed animals. Other than a mental image you're never going to forget, and some nightmares, nothing is really there. I swear Marlon Wayans was profusely sweating the entire duration of the film, not to mention he was constantly screaming at the camera. All of the lines looked like they were being read off a teleprompter. I felt like I had been enucleated with a drill and hammer after seeing this film, I needed an aspirin upon exiting the theater. Yikes!. The visual effects themselves were hokey at best. The film was produced for a miniscule budget of only $3 million bucks, and the film was left wide open for a third outing....I can only hope that doesn't happen. Aside from a brief laugh here and there, the writers take washed up jokes that we're hung high and dry in the predecessor, and recycle old material, not only does it never work, the audience is left sitting there wondering what an abysmal waste of time the movie is.

Did we really insist on a sequel to "A Haunted House" heavens no, and when movies like "A Haunted House 2" are released that's when we know why. I respect the whole Wayne's clan, there are some funny guys. The first two Scary Movies were respectable in their own way, and like I stated above. I enjoyed the first "Haunted House". I just don't think a sequel was necessary. Not only that "Haunted House 2" is nowhere on the levels of it's predecessor.. In order for a spoof to be funny, it needs to know the limitations of it's own boundaries. "A Haunted House 2" may stick to the guns, but I just don't know why Hollywood is punishing us. Movies or sequels like this, make me question what movies are being released. Folks. do me a favor, save your money, and don't watch the overly obsessive, mediocre and one-two punch to the gut film. "A Haunted House 2" is a dramatic waste of your time.

D-
By: Nate Adams

Directed By: Micheal Tiddes
Studio: Open Road Films
Release Date: April 18th 2014
Run-Time: 87 mins

Thanks For Stopping Buy.
ThegodfathersonApr 18, 2014
God it sucked. A Haunted House 2 was a piece of atrocious, dimwit, unfunny filmmaking. The first one sucked and so does the second one. Gosh I thought that this would be funny, if not, just plain fun. But no, poor writing, screenplay, gags,God it sucked. A Haunted House 2 was a piece of atrocious, dimwit, unfunny filmmaking. The first one sucked and so does the second one. Gosh I thought that this would be funny, if not, just plain fun. But no, poor writing, screenplay, gags, directing, action, action was all poor. Don't go to watch this one. Expand
Annoymous1May 2, 2014
I'm amazed this got a sequel, the first one sucked so bad that I quit midmovie. I didn't even think for a moment for a sequel yet NOW it comes. The irony is that the movie is a haunted house itself. I hope the 3rd movie comes out for our sake.
Kimbo68Sep 12, 2014
This movie is ridiculous, wasted money ! Don't watch it w your kids - stupid sexual content.
I gave it 30 mins then shut it off.. Waste of time ..not funny
lukechristianscApr 23, 2014
A haunted house 2 parodied Conjuring which is the best horror movie ever so as sinister . this movie bored me to death just like the lego movie. comedy was not good as the first one . this movie sucked major
i got a few laughs though. Grade C-
Movi3R3vi3werDec 28, 2014
It's official, the spoof genre is dead, gone. Can't come back, can't be funny. What a shame.

Now why did I give this movie a 1 out of ten? Because I laughed once. And I feel ashamed of having done so.
chwOct 18, 2014
A Haunted House 2 looked funny, but when I watched it there was nothing funny I hadn't seen before in the trailers for it. It was actually terrible, and Jaime Pressly is terrible in it.
PyongyangMayorAug 17, 2014
This movie was **** atrocious. Whoever watched this movie and enjoyed it is a drooling moron. There was nothing funny, nothing creative, it was just awful. Though it was better than Scary Movie 5.
Red-Opposom-098Aug 2, 2015
What in the name of the world did we humans to deserve this pile of crap. Ok to start things off basically the beginning is the same as A Haunted House. This movie did make me laugh a couple times but I didn't laugh so hard it was just aWhat in the name of the world did we humans to deserve this pile of crap. Ok to start things off basically the beginning is the same as A Haunted House. This movie did make me laugh a couple times but I didn't laugh so hard it was just a chuckle. This was the worst film on 2014 next to Earth to Echo. If A Haunted House 3 or Scary Movie 6 comes out I'm done, that may sound extreme but these should stop. Who wants to watch Marlyon Wayons hump an Annabelle doll for 2 minutes. Don't watch this movie even if you are trashed. A Haunted House 2 is a huge mess splattered with utter horse **** Expand
JasoncLong93Jun 8, 2015
Marlon wayans' attempts at comedy in HH2 might have been acceptable if it was a YouTube video or something, but calling this a movie and expecting people to go spend money on it is an insult to all movie-goers. It had a couple chuckle worthyMarlon wayans' attempts at comedy in HH2 might have been acceptable if it was a YouTube video or something, but calling this a movie and expecting people to go spend money on it is an insult to all movie-goers. It had a couple chuckle worthy moments but I found myself too frustrated to laugh because of all the annoying forced "humor" that surrounded it. Expand