5.9

1. Jul 28, 2014
    Kuzey Güney savaşından ve Abraham Lincoln'den vampir hikayesi çıkarmak kimin aklına gelmişse helal olsun , değişik ve oldukça başarılı bir yapım. Zor bir iş yapılmasına karşın filmde mantık hatası yok. Gözünüzü ayırmadan keyifle seyrediliyor.
  2. Oct 18, 2013
    I figured the critic score for this movie would have bombed, but I wasn't expecting the user scores to be so lukewarm either.

I found this movie to be a great use of time. It has everything a person could want! Lincoln taking on vampires? What's not to love? I found it to be great. My disappointment is that I'm pretty sure it doesn't show anything about the end of Lincoln's life, which
    is alright I suppose, but it's just something they could have added and made it more awesome, like Lincoln going to a theater and seeing a sharp toothed Boothe.

I like how the movie has a "this could have happened" feel to it, barring the fact that vampires don't actually exist. I'd recommend watching it.
  3. Jun 16, 2013
    Pure, stupid, matrix-esque vampire ass kicking by our 16th President. If you go into this expecting an Oscar worthy film you're going to have a bad time. If you go in expecting a fun action film you won't be disappointed.
  4. May 31, 2013
    This is a surprisingly great film! I had doubts for this film, mainly because its Abraham Lincoln killing vampires, which actually sounds stupid, but I really enjoyed it. This may not have been the vampire movie we wanted, but it was a vampire film we needed! High props for this movie!
  5. Mar 2, 2013
    Fantastic flic of a film. It doesn't always take itself seriously, and the fighting can be over the top, but this is a fun movie, with some very good poetic justice on the vamps, good drama scenes without becoming angsty, and is definitely worth 9 out of 10.
  6. Aug 26, 2012
    NOTE: I have not read the novel
    ABRAHAM LINCOLN: VAMPIRE HUNTER is a well-made, visually impressive and well acted adaptation that has both good 3D and impressive fight sequences, and surprisingly, a decent storyline.
  7. Aug 18, 2012
    This is one of the most underrated movies I have seen in quite a while. I expected an over-the-top zombie action flick with little substance, plot, or real artistic flourish. I experienced nearly the opposite. Early on, the casting felt spot on and the characterizations, while not the epitome of acting, were certainly far better and more nuanced than say, the recent episode of Batman. From an early scene where we are catapulted into the fright of a zombie attack to a beautifully creative palette of a zombie chase atop a horde of horses I was drawn further into the period. In scenes reminiscent of the painting of that era and the landscapists of the time, the art direction was simply beautiful.

The metaphors of vampires, evil, and the civil war were all enjoyable on the screen and fairly well played. While I have heard that some considered this a fantasy aimed at lessoning the moral burden of the 'white man' in the role of slavery, it certainly didn't feel that way. Unfortunately, it does, however, portray Lincoln as someone seemingly more concerned with the fate of at least one close African-American who had been born free but chased for years.

All in all I am looking forward to seeing the movie a second time before it leaves theatres. Even my wife, who is typically not particularly fond of action movies enjoyed the movie enough to want to see it a second time.
  8. Jul 11, 2012
    This review contains spoilers. i loved this movie it was a great thriller i was a little disappointed in the ending because it wasn't how it ended in the book but i still loved the end because it was super funny over all loved the movie and you should definitely go see it if you haven't yet Collapse
  9. Jul 4, 2012
    Loved it. FANTASTIC acting IMO and the story was incredible. It is nice to also have an actual vampire movie back on the screen. It was made out to be completely believable (if vampires really existed of course) and made good ol' Honest Abe out to be pretty bad ass. Great movie for any Sci-fi fan, bad movie for closed minded people with no imagination.
  10. Jul 2, 2012
    Oh man, this movie... let me tell you my experience. My friends and I like to go see movies that look corny and bad (like Skyline and things of that nature) at non busy theaters in the middle of the day so that we're the only ones in the theater and do laugh-along commentary, sort of like it's MST3K. We went to this movie to do just that. It looked like a corny movie with OK action and a bad story, and reading reviews confirmed this. What did we get when we sat in that empty theater and watched it, though? We got a gripping experience with awesome action, intense excitement, awesome acting and plot. An all around awesome movie that we all left saying that it was one of the best movies we had all seen in a long time. Go see this movie. You will not be disappointed, and you will not be laughing along. Expand
  11. Jun 27, 2012
    This movie knew exactly what it was: Abe Lincoln killing vampires. This movie far exceeded my expectations. It was over the top in an extremely funny way and the director knew it. This is not a great master piece of film but not every movie needs to be. I never once had my smile leave my face while I was watching this movie. It was up surd and hilarious.
  12. Jun 25, 2012
    While is does fall from the book on almost everything except characters and idea it was a great action movie. I was hoping that it would be the same as the book, but was still very pleased with this movie. I think people were just turned off by the whole idea of it. As a fan of action movies and alternative history I highly recommend the book and the movie a little less.
  13. Jun 22, 2012
    An amazing action flick composed of fictional history and vampire ass-kicking! Even though the film has its flaws, the over all win is the action. If you're yearning for amazing fight scenes, excellent set designs and a skilled president, this is your movie.

1. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Jun 25, 2012
    Bekmambetov directs with gusto, and the forthright absurdity of the story, combined with its weirdly heartfelt self-belief is winning.
  2. Reviewed by: Andrew O'Hehir
    Jun 25, 2012
    There's definitely some empty-calories, summer-movie fun to be found in this ludicrous genre mashup, most of it courtesy of maniacal Russian director Timur Bekmambetov, who stages hilarious, imaginative, almost free-form action sequences like nobody in the business.
  3. Reviewed by: Stephanie Zacharek
    Jun 25, 2012
    It doesn't take long for Bekmambetov to wear out his welcome with a laundry list of generic-looking action sequences: When you've seen one vampire get stabbed in the eyeball, you've seen 'em all.