Sony Pictures Classics | Release Date: November 19, 1999
8.6
Universal acclaim based on 66 Ratings
WATCH NOW
Check box if your review contains spoilers 0 characteres (5000 max)
alejandro970Dec 4, 2016
Con el estilo distintivo del director manchego, en un tono intimista, materno y tragicomico, apoyado en un destacado reparto femenino. Atencion con los homenajes a los clasicos.
Xan_RyilDec 8, 2015
Many themes are mixed in 'All About My mother' and the best part is that it does not care about them at all. Movie has it's own pace, the goal set in start is lost somewhere to pursue important ones. It also clarifies how does a loss changesMany themes are mixed in 'All About My mother' and the best part is that it does not care about them at all. Movie has it's own pace, the goal set in start is lost somewhere to pursue important ones. It also clarifies how does a loss changes the point of view and feelings for someone. Reshaping one's own life over one's sorrow. Although set in Spain, it have major south american influence on characters and their lifestyle aswell as technical departments. Like most of Pedro Almodovar, woman oriented turns into genderless story of people who are dealing with grief, regret while struggling with life to go on. 'Innocence does know itself' would perfectly describe the movie. Expand
talisencrwJan 22, 2014
Last month, I went through the Pedro Almodovar Collection, which has films from Matador in 1986 to Bad Education from 2004. Although all of them were from very good to outstanding, this was one of my favourites, and for good reason, as it isLast month, I went through the Pedro Almodovar Collection, which has films from Matador in 1986 to Bad Education from 2004. Although all of them were from very good to outstanding, this was one of my favourites, and for good reason, as it is obvious that Almodovar was on quite the roll. Not only is he excellent behind the camera and just bursting with creative aplomb, he is a very fine writer, not to mention the best director of women that I have ever seen. Expand
gabrielsuMar 4, 2013
A breathtaking masterpiece. By far it's Almodóvar's best movie to date. The cast it's marvelous, the photography it's genial, the angles of the camera. Very well written and directed.
anthonyukApr 21, 2011
Simply outstanding!
Heartfelt with wonderfully interesting characters, if this film doesn't move you then you're not human!
The champion of cinema that celebrates women, Almodovar is an absolute genius!
smijatovJan 28, 2011
Maybe I have had very high expectations of this film, since Almodovar is my favourite director, but I felt somewhat confused. Well, I definitely felt with the characters - the emotion was very real from all the actors, especially Cecilia RothMaybe I have had very high expectations of this film, since Almodovar is my favourite director, but I felt somewhat confused. Well, I definitely felt with the characters - the emotion was very real from all the actors, especially Cecilia Roth and Marisa Paredes. However, the story itself leaves me with so many questions, something that I am used to have answered in Almodovar's films. Or maybe that's a new development, since I have seen all of the films that came after this one, before I have watched All About My Mother.
Either way, it is definitely worth watching and the excellent acting and music (typical of Almodovar's works) make the film something one ought to watch. So yes, a very good film, somewhat confusing and question-provoking, but ultimately good.
LuisG.Oct 30, 2006
Honest bittersweet portrayal of life
DanielleL.Jan 10, 2006
Brilliantly moving
CraigB.Aug 4, 2004
Smart dialogue, interesting characters, innovative screenplay...a perfect movie!
YoonC.Sep 13, 2003
A genuinely warm movie from Almodovar, it has at its center a woman who stands between two vastly different lives; her healthy well-adjusted young son who wants to know more about his family roots and her former husband whose life is an A genuinely warm movie from Almodovar, it has at its center a woman who stands between two vastly different lives; her healthy well-adjusted young son who wants to know more about his family roots and her former husband whose life is an endless series of running away from relationships. This father who turns out to be a transvestite is one of Almodovar's great creations: both ridiculous, even laughable yet in his peculiar, even sublime, way beautiful; someone charming enough to exploit and win the forgiveness of everyone. A warm cozy story wrapped within inspired perversity or vice versa. Not to be missed. Expand
NickJun 7, 2003
I'm moved. almodovar's characters are ALIVE. believe me!
GilbertM.Oct 18, 2002
Watch this movie. I promise you, if you're not moved to genuine tears, you must be one of three things: a) a heartless husk of a being, b) mineral or c) dead. Watch this movie.
DemetriK.Jul 12, 2002