8.2

1. Nov 2, 2010
    While I agree with the general urgency this movie tries to portray I hate the special interests and motives behind it all. Al Gore himself travels around the country in his own Jet, making millions of dollars in the process. I think we not only suffer from pollution from burning fuels but also pollution in the form of money which corrupts even the noblest of causes. I am afraid these things just give weapons to the non believers and in general detriments the efforts of people trying to solve this very real crisis. Expand
  2. Feb 2, 2012
    Propaganda film for the Climate Change movement masquerading as a factual documentary, full of half-truths, outright errors, and dodgy science, presented in a slick package with carefully selected stock footage. Oh, won't someone think of the polar bears!

1. Reviewed by: Phil Hall
    An Inconvenient Truth is something you rarely see in movies today: a blatant intellectual fraud. Shame on all of the people involved in this travesty.
  2. The documentary is an act of political activism. Guggenheim and his politically conscious producers, Laurie David, Lawrence Bender and Scott Z. Burns, have no interest in either challenging Gore's viewpoint or giving opposing opinions equal time. The film is simply a conduit for Gore's message.
  3. Reviewed by: Dennis Harvey
    A straightforward record of the lecture Gore has toured for years, juiced by elaborate graphics. An excellent educational tool, picture may prove an awkward fit for theatrical distribution.